Page 64 of 114 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haibara View Post
    Trollandtoad are generally very good at accepting cards for sale, check out their website. Both me and my girlfriend have sold cards from different TCG's there with no hassle
    Cool, is there a link for that so I can check it out?

https://www.trollandtoad.com/buylist/#/ here's their buylist, you "order" the cards you want to sell, ship it to them and they'll add money to your acc as long as all cards are up to their standard(got full price on mine last time.) Just follow the instructions :3

Can't quite decide on a deck to play right now. I gravitate towards control, but there are a lot of choices right now.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by king of lag View Post
    Gwad, I tried selling my boxes of cards and I'm unable to do so, doin it by computer sucks...

Anyone got a website for selling cards or am I screwed towards the local game shop? (card kingdom)
    I usually sell to Channel Fireball. Every once in a while I go through my old cards and see what I want to get rid of. They offer pretty good prices I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Can't quite decide on a deck to play right now. I gravitate towards control, but there are a lot of choices right now.
    Yeah if I had piles of cash I think I'd play some form of Junk Control. Powerful creatures, loads of sweepers, decent card draw. My kind of deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Yeah if I had piles of cash I think I'd play some form of Junk Control. Powerful creatures, loads of sweepers, decent card draw. My kind of deck.
    I do have a decent amount of money, or at least the willing to spend that money as I get paid. Abzan and Mardu are looking really nice, but so do Sultai and Jeskia. I would really like to play Treasure Cruise or Dig Through Time, as those two are plain amazing.

Are you guys speaking of standard or another format?

I was talking about Standard, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if we'll be seeing a ban decision on Jeskai Ascendency in Modern soon. Seems like a pretty consistent turn 2-3 kill, which they've cracked down on in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Unless an answer is printed in the next set I am sure they will be banning it.

Well, frankly, initial testing shows it is not as strong as people might think. BGx decks and twin have a sufficiently strong game versus it that it isn't without answers and the first two large tournaments that existed, both with around 200 people, had 0 ascensions in the top 8 with 7.75% and 8.5% representation, respectively.

The biggest case in favor of such a hasty ban is time, which happened to eggs, but only after serious tournament issues.

Long story short, I don't see any ban incoming any time soon.

As to the cards, treasure cruise in standard has shown a bit of an underwhelming presence so far. Dig is awesome, though.

Damn I would like to go back to playing MtG but none of my friends play and now i dont have time to travel to another city to play some games (I miss old good times when I "wasted" so many days in local MtG shop at some amateur games/tournaments).

MtGO is nice solution but I just cannot stand this crappy client. Seriously, so good game, Im sure they make alot of money from it and still they release something like this for online game? With better visual look and more intuitive navigation they would have much more online players.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    MtGO is nice solution but I just cannot stand this crappy client. Seriously, so good game, Im sure they make alot of money from it and still they release something like this for online game? With better visual look and more intuitive navigation they would have much more online players.
    You said it bro. I don't understand how they can still do this >_< ...

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    Well, frankly, initial testing shows it is not as strong as people might think. BGx decks and twin have a sufficiently strong game versus it that it isn't without answers and the first two large tournaments that existed, both with around 200 people, had 0 ascensions in the top 8 with 7.75% and 8.5% representation, respectively.

The biggest case in favor of such a hasty ban is time, which happened to eggs, but only after serious tournament issues.

Long story short, I don't see any ban incoming any time soon.

As to the cards, treasure cruise in standard has shown a bit of an underwhelming presence so far. Dig is awesome, though.
    I figure the card may be better as people come to better understand the card, or build better decks around it. Since it can get a turn 2 win it still may be banned for that alone, but I guess we will see.

Cruise and Dig are both awesome. For most people it comes down to a preference, but I think Dig is better as getting the two best of your next 7 is stronger than drawing 3. Of course different decks may want either or, or a combination of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I figure the card may be better as people come to better understand the card, or build better decks around it. Since it can get a turn 2 win it still may be banned for that alone, but I guess we will see.
    I have two decks built that can get a first turn kill in modern. Does that make them ban-worthy? No. They are crap. There's more to things than just how fast a deck can be... How resilient and consistent a deck is is important and in modern, essential even.

Give it a little time GP Madrid will show whether the deck is a problem or not.

Bought some Magic cards while on my way back home from Wal-Mart. They finally had the resale promo of Angelic Skirmisher I have been looking for. Then I opened up the 3 boosters, hoping to break even from the $11 purchase and I opened up Voice of Resurgence, which is the only card worth opening up from Dragon's Maze (besides the random shocklands from the whole block). I am okay with $15 and a $3 promo for $11. That promo replaces the non promo in my Commander deck.

I have two decks built that can get a first turn kill in modern. Does that make them ban-worthy? No. They are crap. There's more to things than just how fast a deck can be... How resilient and consistent a deck is is important and in modern, essential even.

Give it a little time GP Madrid will show whether the deck is a problem or not.
    You hit the nail on the head. Only decks that are consistent get bans to happen. With Glittering Wish giving the deck a pseudo 7-8 copies of Jeskai Ascendancy and 12 mana dorks it is pretty easy to put the combo together.

You are right in that we will have to see what will happen.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2014-10-10 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    I was pretty pleased to get 3 Digs when I cracked a fat pack on release day even though they were only a few bucks but was disappointed not to have gotten any fetches out of the box. Suddenly, today, I'm not feeling quite so bad about that pull any longer
    I was amazed how the price of Dig skyrocketed. Went from $1 to $3 after the first week and then suddenly jumped to $10 and now it is around $15 and still slowly going up.

I know it is a good card, and sees play in multiple formats, but I didn't expect it to be $15+. I thought it was going to be more like $7.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's something that happens lol

http://www.dorkly.com/post/69578/wat...gathering-card

He's going through all those cards and I have a majority of them packed away. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    He's going through all those cards and I have a majority of them packed away. Haha
    And do you play with them ?

And do you play with them ?
    I used to. Never bent them or anything. Probably still packed away in the boxes the last time I handled them back in 7th grade.