Thread: Hots Beta

Deleted

Hots Beta

So the Beta is here, open for pro's and day9 so they know what to do when the game hits live.

Why is it that blizzard doesnt choose regular gamers for beta's aswell?

In wow, only 1% of each server gets a beta invite, and millions of daily users get screwed over, maybe if you are lucky you will get in.

Tbh i understand the meaning of letting pros/endgame guilds/casters/newspeople test the game to "advertise" great future games and get the public fever going. But why not choose a bigger crowd, bugs can be discovered by everybody. balanceissues aswell.

personally with over 3k games played throughout wings of liberty, blizzard should wipe your ass and hand you a beta key.

Anybody see why theese vips have more reason for a beta-key instead of regular payin customers

atleast they opend the hots beta maps for 1.5, until the game comes out, im guessin only 1% will get to be beta testers for hots. hope blizzard proves me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is unsupported rage.

Your argument is as flawed as a cheese with holes in it.

Remember Wings of Liberty? It had an open beta. There were many many many ways to get in. I enjoyed that beta for a good two months before the actual game came out.

Don't really care about wow, but this argument is not valid for SC2. Just wait and see, possibly you get an open beta for HotS aswell. I think it's very likely as time goes by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasselina View Post
    Don't really care about wow, but this argument is not valid for SC2. Just wait and see, possibly you get an open beta for HotS aswell. I think it's very likely as time goes by.

Might be unsupported rage, but i dont see any reason to give others an advantage in beta release.

Funny enough my beta opt was enabled before sc2 wol came out, and still in the last months before opening, i didnt have any beta announcements on my battlenet profil.

really hope you are right and they release the beta for all soon, so EVERYBODY has a chance to figure out new builds, techpaths and timings before the alpha is released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anno View Post
    Might be unsupported rage, but i dont see any reason to give others an advantage in beta release.

Funny enough my beta opt was enabled before sc2 wol came out, and still in the last months before opening, i didnt have any beta announcements on my battlenet profil.

really hope you are right and they release the beta for all soon, so EVERYBODY has a chance to figure out new builds, techpaths and timings before the alpha is released.
    I didn't get my betakey from opt in. I never bothered by that way, I got it as a promotional offer. For free, even.

Just look around and you'll probably find something as time goes by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

The beta started less than 24 hours ago. Chill out, there's more than plenty of time for you to pick up a key from fansites. Blizzard's betas generally last around half a year, give or take a few months.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's only the first round of Beta invites. It's also in their best interest to give the beta keys to people who actually promote the game consistently as opposed to people who only play casually. The pros and casters are far more likely to be giving strong initial feedback than someone who just wants to play for free.

maybe because they have 100 times better than your understanding of the game? casual gamers should be the last to get in(in regards to SC2, I am a casual player as well). or would you like to see another beta with over a million useless people running around like headless chickens?

Deleted
    would love that headless chicken amount would really be fun to be a part of.

and i have bought nummerious games from blizzard plus spend alot of time in azeroth so not a freerider.

Don't forget friends and family also get invites first.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    It's only the first round of Beta invites. It's also in their best interest to give the beta keys to people who actually promote the game consistently as opposed to people who only play casually. The pros and casters are far more likely to be giving strong initial feedback than someone who just wants to play for free.
    This is what came to my mind when I read the first post. These people will probably talk your ear off about the game, and that's all easy advertising money for Blizzard.