Thread: LFR Tanks

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

LFR Tanks

On the very off chance i go into lfr its usually on my paladin to tank, and im not sure if its just me sucking it up or what but it feels like i always get into the group with the offtank that just taunts anything and everything on cooldown. I dont know if its just me or what, has this happened with any of you at all?

That's how LFR tanks operate. Everything gets a taunt because they can't build real threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the reason I stopped queueing as tank on my alt. The other tank just spams taunt for no reason, even if it gets himself killed, and then blames the healers and/or me for his death.

Although I suppose I'd rather have the taunt spammer than the guy who doesn't speak English and has no idea how to play the game. At least the taunt spammer can comprehend what you're saying while you call him a moron.

Exactly. and you get yelled at if you don't hold aggro.

Don't mistake Taunting for your lack of TPS. I myself play a Blood DK, and I'm Hit/Exp cap'd. Meaning my threat is where it should be, and if you're under caps I'll pull shit right off of you.
    You say that I'm cold, and sometimes I'm out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexanna View Post
    Don't mistake Taunting for your lack of TPS. I myself play a Blood DK, and I'm Hit/Exp cap'd. Meaning my threat is where it should be, and if you're under caps I'll pull shit right off of you.
    This thread isn't about being out-threated ... it's about being taunted off of.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Thanks for generalizing all tanks in LFR.

OT: Happens very often on my warrior alt. Especially stupid on jin'rokh with the debuff,its like people want to wipe the raid.

I always get the exact opposite problem in LFR: The offtank who has no idea where his taunt button is at all; and so it comes down to me properly cycling my cooldowns, and at least a few of the healers stepping up to the plate, to keep me alive through *insert debuff here*.

Since ive done most on normal already, and know the fights, I usually whisper the other tank, to make sure he/she also knows them. And also to make sure we agree on the tanking/taunting order. Seems to work wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekiara View Post
    I always get the exact opposite problem in LFR: The offtank who has no idea where his taunt button is at all; and so it comes down to me properly cycling my cooldowns, and at least a few of the healers stepping up to the plate, to keep me alive through *insert debuff here*.

i actually dont mind that, i found my self single tanking Megaera on my blood dk last week. at least i know I'm in control somewhat with that rather than an off tank who taunts randomly when they have a certain debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    How isn't it? How does he know that he is being taunted off of? Unless he is running some kinda add on that calls taunts, then who's to say it isn't a matter of TPS?

And I'm not "dogging" him for it, just stating that isn't always the case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexanna View Post
    How isn't it? How does he know that he is being taunted off of? Unless he is running some kinda add on that calls taunts, then who's to say it isn't a matter of TPS?
    Anybody with a half decent buff/debuff tracker not to mention the animation above the mobs head can see when somebody is taunting.

Maybe he sees the three little "I've been taunted!" lines over the boss's head?

Quote Originally Posted by Interfect View Post
    Since ive done most on normal already, and know the fights, I usually whisper the other tank, to make sure he/she also knows them. And also to make sure we agree on the tanking/taunting order. Seems to work wonders.
    I've found that this is the best way to handle tank duties in LFR. Props to people who actually ask the other tank questions if they're not sure how the fights work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ygorl View Post
    Maybe he sees the three little "I've been taunted!" lines over the boss's head?
    Oooohhh, yeah I completely forgot that all of these boss mobs are the size of normal mobs, and unless you play with a +20 camera zoom pointed straight at the ground you can totally see those tiny indicators..

i just let them tank if they taunt until I have to taunt due to some mechanic
    the worst thing that I see people doing is going in a taunting war because everyone wants to be the MT and god forbid they don't tank the boss for 1s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    It does happen that many tanks confuse the two. The OP probably isn't but it definitely happens.

I had a friend who complained endlessly about another friend of mine always taunting off him. It was such a huge drama that I actually went and got one of those addons that announces taunts, and it turns out the other friend was taunting zero percent of the time. He just had better TPS.

But anyway, that's another issue. The tanks in LFR do seem to needlessly taunt. Then of course the boss is taunt immune when you actually need to swap.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I usually have the issue where the off tank cant keep aggro off me, like on my monk. If i'd go full on on the blam master fight, i tank everything granted. When taunt swaps occur i can't keep my normal rotation up. Ofcourse, there is also a thing at my side, being i should maintain my threat too, but i should be able to attack normally without overaggro'ing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I raid with a... Less than adequate tank in my guild. And I consistently out threat him when I tank. And whenever I outthreat him and take agro on something, he tells me "Forgettable, stop taunting!" I'm not taunting, he's just bad. Now I'm not going to call you bad OP. But take a look at your threat/second and make sure you're actually being taunted from, and not just losing threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    I usually have the issue where the off tank cant keep aggro off me, like on my monk. If i'd go full on on the blam master fight, i tank everything granted. When taunt swaps occur i can't keep my normal rotation up. Ofcourse, there is also a thing at my side, being i should maintain my threat too, but i should be able to attack normally without overaggro'ing.
    That's not really a shitty-tanks-in-LFR thing, I think it's a Monk thing. We've had this happen a few times in normal raiding with our Monk tank. His TPS is just crazy, and once he has vengeance... he often needs to stop autoattacking to not pull back. Our other tanks (he's tanked with a few different people) are good, too, so it's not really a L2P issue for them.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |