Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It actually took me forever to realize WTF the Spirit beast Icon was... Until I zoomed in one day.

It's one half of a kitty's face! I thought it was weird always cuz I expected something blue-ish, but I guess this works.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Could someone explain me how can you see parrot on cleave icon, axe on disarm and something else than a horse on crusader aura? I always saw what we are supposed to see, but with so many people surpised with what those icons actually are, I want to see funny stuff too

Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    It actually took me forever to realize WTF the Spirit beast Icon was... Until I zoomed in one day.

It's one half of a kitty's face! I thought it was weird always cuz I expected something blue-ish, but I guess this works.
    I never could figure that one out. Awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reirae View Post
    Still find this hilarious. Can't stop laughing every time I see it. What is wrong with his feet? xD
    I still don't buy the evasion thing either. What I -could- see is a gorilla perched on a tree stump taking a dump.

Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post

Wow. Mind. Blown. Good job unraveling that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Arrow with a stick of dynamite with lit fuse. (Explosive Shot)
    I never even knew there was a stick of dynamite on it. All I could see was just an arrow surrounded in yellow color! :O
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Deleted
    Check my avatar. It's the icon for Nerve Strike, but as you can see, it's someone punching his target in the kidney...which makes me think that this was the original kidney shot icon.

- Earth Shock

Illuminati ! :O

I saw an Axe in the disarm Icon, never noticed.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by WoRsT View Post

- Earth Shock

Illuminati ! :O
    That's why Thrall is all on this New World Order kick!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Found one that i don't "get". The dungeon deserter debuff (sue me..I just abandoned a group where the tank pulled the entire room with Rom'ogg ^^) - Okay, it is a cage or some bars. But it looks like there is straw or bread behind it?
    This one?

It's a dead canary in a cage.

Also, fun note - stolen from Wowhead:
    Back in the day, canaries were brought into coal mines as an early warning system for poisonous gas. They breath a ton faster than humans, so would naturally die faster if exposed to toxic fumes.

The dead canary in a cage may imply you fled at the first sign of danger.

It makes me kind of sad to see it, as if to make us feel guilty for ditching a terrible group.
    Last edited by Fhi; 2012-09-10 at 07:24 PM.

Corylyn that's awesome. I always wondered why there was a canary there (knowing they were used in mines and why) but never made the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Corylyn that's awesome. I always wondered why there was a canary there (knowing they were used in mines and why) but never made the connection.
    Either that or it's saying you are the canary...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    Either that or it's saying you are the canary...
    This is true! All the fumes of negativity were too much for you and you succumbed!

If you look real close you'll realise that Evasion is the skull of Harry Potter.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! My main is my rogue, I didn't really start having this problem until they started to add more detail in them in WOTLK. It took me awhile to realize Dismantle is a shield laying on the ground with a sword laying over it, Honor Among Thieves is 3 closed fists holding blades bumping knuckles (making a pact), Bandit's Guile is a hand stretching out of a snake coiled around an arm with the snake hissing, the poison school icon is a blade dripping with green poison being pulled out after being dunked in a jar of freshly brewed steaming poison. Just some of the ones I missed over the years. There are quite a few Priest ones I missed too but I have only been playing that since late TBC.

Shaman lesser/greater/chain heal icon(s) always looked like some kind of root to me. Also, I never noticed cursader aura was actually a horse until like 6 months ago. Oh and Horn of Winter icon looks totally like ovaries to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Another one that I only found out recently:

- Mind Blast. Always looked like a baby wrapped in blanket to me.
    Probably been pointed out, but staring at this icon i've only just realised what it is. I thought it was a swirly thing wrapped in a cloth, when it's actually the eye socket of a skull

10+ Year Old Account
    This one?

It's a dead canary in a cage.

Also, fun note - stolen from Wowhead:
    Honestly, this is what that reminds me of:

Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    - Feint/Disengage. I can't make out what it is.

- Feint/Disengage. I can't make out what it is.
    Wow I though it was something but now...
    Seriously I just notice the 2 fadding blades to the right.
    It now looks as the blade is moving counter-clockwise, the blue thing being the motion/wind.