Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mazdak the Cliffhugger

Whose brilliant idea was it to put a Lich that fears right by a cliff? Half the time I die in this, it's because he made me walk off the damn cliff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember dying a few times to this, but I don't remember getting feared off a cliff. This is when you wield Caladbolg, right?

That's pure gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    That's pure gold.
    Ehm well...

Alright

With the sword, just strafe left and right, using the range attacks, stay far far back.... Its cheesy, but it will let you kill him easily :P

I died 3 times to fearing off cliff.

I hated that fight so I brought my friend to fall off a cliff instead of me.

Beat him like a charm.

10+ Year Old Account
    where are you people standing I didn't think it was possible to even lose this fight much less get feared off a cliff.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I hated that fight so I brought my friend to fall off a cliff instead of me.
    Laughed so hard. Well done, sir!
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I never fell off the cliff, or died during that fight. Try standing in a different spot maybe? Just offering suggestions. Or, bring a friend. I did get feared off a cliff in AC last night, though. It was annoying, but I didn't die, I fell into the water and had to run all the way back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Laughed so hard. Well done, sir!
    My methods are.. conventional....

Skelington tried that fight a lot his first time since he was underleveled and died a lot, but he never came closr to being feared off despite expecting it. You're probably standing in bad spots.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ended up winning by running in circles in front of him and spamming 2 for ten minutes. Chain lightning like a cheater~

My biggest issue is my natural inclination as someone who doesn't want to be hit is to stand behind the mob... In this case, that meant "In between a lich and a long fall."
    Last edited by Kaenroh; 2012-09-06 at 10:52 PM.

Deleted
    he fears? did not get feared at all, mind you I tend to stay at range and only hit and run in close,

10+ Year Old Account
    I fought him in a tomb... but i'm going to suggest that you don't stand between him and a cliff? Idk i think it's nice that they finally have npcs that are intelligent... you know, there's a cliff nearby, you can fear, why not fear them off of it? Or if X trick isn't working but is hurting you instead.... stop using it...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    That tomb quest is just beyond ridiculous.

Why are friggin NPCs PULLING mobs when the entire group (NPCs and myself) aren't in combat? Seriously how am I supposed to kill that Elite as an Elementalist if I'm not even allowed to ready myself after the trap corridor?!
    The NPCs do no damage at all, they cannot hold aggro, they cannot heal... all they can do is pull stuff.

GAAH who designs stupid crap like that? NPCs that are supposed to help the player (story wise) should ALWAYS wait until the PLAYER pulls the group and not go "Leeroooy!"...

Caithe even charged AROUND THE CORNER to the elite when I rezzed her in the beginning of the corridor after a wipe. I mean WTF?
    Last edited by Granyala; 2012-09-07 at 12:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Idk i think it's nice that they finally have npcs that are intelligent... you know, there's a cliff nearby, you can fear, why not fear them off of it? Or if X trick isn't working but is hurting you instead.... stop using it...
    I think that has nothing to do with "NPC intelligence", but just mere dev-planning. Yet, there really are some mechanics that will take me a while getting used to:

1. Mobs can and will push, pull, scare, whatever you of cliffs and stuff. This is especially funny on top of some of those Krait towers (some of these mobs can drag you towards them, causing you to fall down)
    2. Some weapons will make your character jump around pretty uncontrolled. I'm especially thinking of the ranger one-handed sword here. Skill number 1 tends to "lock" your characters position. I can't avoid shit while using number 1 in auto-attack mode. It just ignores that order, most time I can get it "unstuck" by jumping and than dodging... naturally this takes ages tho. Number 2 has to be used carefully in terrain that differs in height etc. and I don't know exactly WHEN it's being used ... but often it takes an awful lot of time until it "activates", so it can't be used as a controlled dodge-ability (I had it take up to 5 seconds until my character finally leapt backwards, and no, I wasn't lagging at that time, everything else was smooth). Number 3, well ... the angle in which your character jumps is just pretty much unpredictable. Sometimes it's a pretty small one, sometimes he goes and does this huge all around trip. Often I see it missing too, not because the mob moved, but because my character was apparently unable to finish the huge round-trip it wanted to do.

So yeah, don't get me wrong after all this nagging. I'm having real fun - but it will take me a while to get used to these things (especially the weapon-issue, maybe I'm doing something horribly wrong with that sword...?). Maybe some things are still going to get some tweaking and fixing, who knows.
    However, all in all it means that I as a player have to be way more aware of my surroundings than in most other games I'm playing, which is a refreshing yet challenging experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    That tomb quest is just beyond ridiculous.

Why are friggin NPCs PULLING mobs when the entire group (NPCs and myself) aren't in combat? Seriously how am I supposed to kill that Elite as an Elementalist if I'm not even allowed to ready myself after the trap corridor?!
    The NPCs do no damage at all, they cannot hold aggro, they cannot heal... all they can do is pull stuff.

GAAH who designs stupid crap like that? NPCs that are supposed to help the player (story wise) should ALWAYS wait until the PLAYER pulls the group and not go "Leeroooy!"...

Caithe even charged AROUND THE CORNER to the elite when I rezzed her in the beginning of the corridor after a wipe. I mean WTF?
    Rurik lives on in every NPC.
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2012-09-07 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    For Ascalon!

I'm going to have nightmares now. Thanks. :-P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    You know... i never had issues with Rurik.... now Togo on the otherhand...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, i hated this fight, second only to the fire destroyers when you help the skritt. Took about 10 tries and me becoming naked to kill him eventually. Never fell off the cliff though from fear, although Ive used one of my abailites that jolts me foreward too close to one before... *splat*

Deleted
    I stood near the cemetery gate and spammed that lightning attack on him + knockdown whenever it was off cooldown, don't think I was ever even close to falling off the cliff.