Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ignoring guildies

In my guild a few people have one of those macros that pastes a comment into guild chat and I've always been bothered by them but recently someone made a new one to the effect of "HELLLLZZZ YAAAA!! (I don't care if you don't like my macro deal with it)" and after maybe 5 or 6 times of seeing it while on my low level hunter I ignored him and then today when I logged on I noticed I was kicked on that toon. I don't really mind because I basically just use the guild for it's perks and don't feel connected to anyone in guild besides my cousin.
    Anyways, how do you guys feel about ignoring guildies? Is it something you should just never do?

You shouldn't ignore guild mates but that guy just think he could do what ever he wants and same the he have people to back him up with those stupid things.

You could also just don't pay attention with the macro and just limited the PM with that guy.
    Be happy you are out of that guild.That guild just same not for you at all and you don't same to be enjoying the game with those Guild mates.

i'm in a few zerg guilds

the lvl 25 ones that accept anyone and have 900+ people, I just untick the guild chat option.

i'm just there for the perks

10+ Year Old Account
    How can you NOT ignore some of your guildies? In vanilla I was on a few people's ignore list, in BC I had some beggars ignored, in Wrath I had a dbag hunter and an idiot hunter/pally pair ignored( these 2 left soon after), didn't ignore anyone in Cata though. I did turn chat off a few times however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

How did he even know you were ignoring him? Does he talk to you regularly or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    I put guild mates on ignore all the time when they annoy me. Ridiculous that you'd get booted

Yeah I think when I play toons in that guild it's best to keep guild chat turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    How did he even know you were ignoring him? Does he talk to you regularly or something?
    I thought wow told you when someone ignored you but now that I think about it I think I'm confusing it with another game, maybe he tried whispering me for something, the toon I ignored was around my level so maybe he wanted to do something together.

Obviously if you're just in a zerg guild with no real community you can go nuts. If you're in a real (read: non-guild leader gold farming zerg guild) I don't see a problem with ignoring people you don't get along with; sometimes people just don't click.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ignored a few of the asshole officers in my old guild. They were that bad.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    I DOODLE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veritasxsaint View Post
    Anyways, how do you guys feel about ignoring guildies? Is it something you should just never do?
    If it were someone I had invited into the guild that my wife and I co-run, I'd warn them once to tone it down/stop using it (depending on how spammy it got); second time would probably revoke their guild-chat privileges. If a third time came up, /gkick

If it were someone else in a guild I had joined, I'd simply block them using the customizable list from BadBoy /BadBoy cCleaner. If it came down to the point of having to actually /ignore the person, Infinite Ignore would spread the ignore over all my alts so I'd not have to deal with him/her again. IMO, my chat is mine, and I don't have to deal with someone else slinging BS into it. If he/she cannot handle the fact he/she got ignored, tough nuts.

In all honesty, you're probably better off not being in there, in spite of the perk loss. Now's a great time to find a new guild, as all kinds are advertising. Even some guilds that don't advertise might take you in if you ask about joining/the aims of the guild - just don't get hung up on asking for a level 25 guild right off, as it tends to leave (intentionally or unintentionally) a negative impression (i.e., people presume you want the perks with no other interest in contributing to the guild's growth).

#FlightIsImportant

Deleted
    Well you can always use a macro like this to filter out just his guild chat without ignoring him
    Code:
    /run ChatFrame_AddMessageEventFilter("CHAT_MSG_GUILD",function(_,_,...)return select(2,...)=="AnnoyingGuyName" or false,... end)
    Replace "AnnoyingGuyName" with the actual name ofc.
    Last edited by mmocb2ea88a996; 2012-09-12 at 03:33 AM. Reason: shorten more

10+ Year Old Account
    I've ignored one guild mate because he was an annoying 15 year old boy who always acted like the greatest thing to grace us. Linking meters after every trash pull he topped, always talking about some random stuff that didn't relate to anything, saying how he had to "brb girlfriend calling." I just couldn't take any more after a while.

Just don't ignore anyone important. Raid leaders, guild masters/officers, anyone you need to communicate with (healers and tanks, perhaps).

Deleted
    Yeah thats crazy.

I got kicked from my guild for ignoring our raid leader in vent because he had an annoying accent.

Deleted
    Some people in WoW deserve to be put on ignore. Sadly, as a GM, I can rarely do that.

If they kicked you over that small a thing without discussing it with you beforehand, fuck 'em, sounds like a shitty guild.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthThrall View Post
    Yeah thats crazy.

I got kicked from my guild for ignoring our raid leader in vent because he had an annoying accent.
    That's just you being a douche.

I've ignored a few people in guilds, but only in guilds that I'm a perk-whore in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally hate the auto-gratz addons.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the last real guild I was in, I had probably 15+ people from the guild on ignore. I can't stand people who act like fucking children, even in guild chat. An officer whispered me and asked why I wasn't responding to someone's question directed at me, I informed him that I had him on ignore, and it started a bunch of guild drama. I ended up quitting, starting my own guild, and living happily ever after. The guild I left apparently disbanded at some point anyway.

If you find yourself ignoring more than 1-2 people in your guild, you might want to start looking for another guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't ignore guildies unless they are EXTREMELY intolerable. Chances are, if they're intolerable to me, they're intolerable to the guild leader and/or officers as well and will soon get the boot anyway. If they're just a little annoying or kind of bordering on annoying, I put up with it in silence because I hate drama and definitely don't want to be the cause for it.

I am most definitely on ignore by like half my guild. I have this really REALLY awesome ability to just be an asshole.

In wotlk, (I'm a gm), two of my guildies started a really big argument between each other and ended up ignoring each other.

I didn't do anything about it, because it's their beef and honestly, who cares. I think that's a shitty reason to kick someone.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!