i mean yeah i know that's the role and I'm used to them giving out guns which make much more sense for the name seeing as a gunsmith makes guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... would, like, a Baseballbatsmith or an Icepicksmith only be able to find mafia members that way?

... or a Fedorasmith?

Pinstripesuitsmith?

Because the recent game had a LOT of weird investigations going on, I would like to point you all to this article. It was a good read.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?...A_View_on_Cops
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Or just post the TLDR of it here.
    "Cops should investigate competent players who are not obviously Town or obviously scum."---Vi's summary of the above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh jeez, it was a long time ago now Arialla.

The story goes.....

Once upon a time ago, I wanted to be a doctor. I was doing really well at school and I had made my applications and had been invited for interview at two of them. I was hopeful and happy and life was great! And then the rejections came.

In one day, all my dreams had come crashing down around me. I had no idea what I wanted to do any more, I stopped trying at school since I couldn't see what the point was. But with what was left to me, I made one last ditch attempt to achieve my dream. There's an alternative route where you get a related degree and then go into a 4 year medicine degree instead, so I went to do that. I went into university, hopeful and happy, and life was great again! And then the money ran out.

No matter I thought to myself, I'll get a job. So I did. However, everything started piling up. To be able to pay to just live, I was working nearly full time hours. I was in uni during the day, and then working evenings and weekends. But I kept on with it, knowing that it was all to eventually get what I wanted. And then I found out that to go and do this 4 year Medicine degree, I'd have to fund the entire first year myself before getting any grants. There was no way I could ever do that. I could barely even afford what I was doing now even with funding. So, I broke and gave up again. And this time there was no coming back.

I did really badly at my degree in the end. I just scraped a 3rd, which is effectively a grade where I really should haven't of bothered getting the degree in the first place. However, there was a minor positive in that my degree had been advertised that I would get a qualification that would say I was trained to work in laboratories. I was slightly hopeful, mildly optimistic and life had some meaning again! And then it all turned out to be a lie.

The university had guaranteed the qualification to the years before me, and then they were restructuring the degree for the year after me where the qualification would be re-introduced. So there I was. Crap degree, not great A-Levels, and even though I knew I could work in a lab, without that qualification I was limited to only trainee roles, which are incredibly over applied for. So I stuck with waitressing and tried to figure out what to do next. I was unhappy, miserable and life had very little meaning. And then I was (falsely) accused of stealing.

I was advised to either leave my job or be fired and have a permanent black mark against me which would come up if they were asked for a reference. If I left, then it would never come up. So I left. There I was unemployed in a recession, and apart from the odd job I've had since, that's the way it's pretty much remained since.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

You has PM miss kitty

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll create a signup thread either late Monday or early Tuesday (I'll be out of town all Tuesday, so the list wont be updated that day) for the next game.

The theme of the game is Game of Thrones. It will be a semi-closed game. You'll be given the character names of those in the game, but not exactly what their roles are. You can kind of figure out roles based upon the character names. I'll go over a lot more about the game in the sign-up thread when I create it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    I'll create a signup thread either late Monday or early Tuesday (I'll be out of town all Tuesday, so the list wont be updated that day) for the next game.

The theme of the game is Game of Thrones. It will be a semi-closed game. You'll be given the character names of those in the game, but not exactly what their roles are. You can kind of figure out roles based upon the character names. I'll go over a lot more about the game in the sign-up thread when I create it.
    So if there are 18 players you will be giving out the 18 CCs in the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    So if there are 18 players you will be giving out the 18 CCs in the game?
    That is the plan right now, but it's not set in stone. I want more of an open game where everyone isn't in the dark about what is in the game. It's been quite a while since we've had a game like that.

The game has other twists in it to hopefully keep people from mass role claiming. Too many of the recent games people will push a lynch just so they can get a role claim which leads to others role claiming. In my opinion that makes the game worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game has other twists in it to hopefully keep people from mass role claiming. Too many of the recent games people will push a lynch just so they can get a role claim which leads to others role claiming. In my opinion that makes the game worse.
    I hate the role claiming >_< You all should learn to be persuasive and then, if you're going to be lynched, to let it happen, otherwise this trend of 'force em to role claim' will continue

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    I hate the role claiming >_< You all should learn to be persuasive and then, if you're going to be lynched, to let it happen, otherwise this trend of 'force em to role claim' will continue
    If you've read the thread for the next game you'd see my plan for stopping role claims.

Making it so anyone can be recruited for a night by the scum (or by the town) should deter this some / mostly.

If you're the cop you're not going to want to let everyone know (you'll only want to do that if you have useful evidence to present) because it's quite possible the "mafia" will recruit you that night and use your investigative abilities for their own good. As a recruited player you will have no control over your night action that night and you wont even know you are recruited. (You may also be given results based upon who the mafia has you target...the twist being that you'll think your results are for who you targeted).

The results part for the cop role is something I'm still tossing around inside my head. I may or may not go with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you've read the thread for the next game you'd see my plan for stopping role claims.

Making it so anyone can be recruited for a night by the scum (or by the town) should deter this some / mostly.

If you're the cop you're not going to want to let everyone know (you'll only want to do that if you have useful evidence to present) because it's quite possible the "mafia" will recruit you that night and use your investigative abilities for their own good. As a recruited player you will have no control over your night action that night and you wont even know you are recruited. (You may also be given results based upon who the mafia has you target...the twist being that you'll think your results are for who you targeted).

The results part for the cop role is something I'm still tossing around inside my head. I may or may not go with that.
    oh, I wasn't saying you didn't have some plan or something, I just meant in general. We had like half the town claimed in like 2 days this past game ._.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    oh, I wasn't saying you didn't have some plan or something, I just meant in general. We had like half the town claimed in like 2 days this past game ._.
    Yeah I know. Most of my post wasn't directed at you. The only part of it that was was that first line and that was in a joking manner.

The rest of the post was me laying out some of my plans for the next game so others could see what I'm trying to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    That sucks, Dyra. =/

I really hate it when finances are what get in the way of people getting the job they actually want, especially if that job is extremely beneficial to society.

Krayzy, won't that mean VTs and stuff will be claiming cop and cops claiming VT and all sorts of crazy RC madness?

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Krayzy, won't that mean VTs and stuff will be claiming cop and cops claiming VT and all sorts of crazy RC madness?
    It will most likely lead everyone to claim VT (which is pretty much how games are usually played...no clue why everyone here suddenly decided it was a good idea to claim your actual role when you had no good info to pass along).

VT's aren't going to want to claim they are a TPR because they will hurt the town (the town also has the ability to recruit a person each night).

I call dibs on Joffrey!
    Me not getting Joffrey would be a crime.
    Punishable by beheading.
    And then your body will be pinned to a wall with crossbow bolts and then the remains will be served on a platter to Sansa.

Not really a spoiler but it indicates things which should maybe be spoiler'd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    I call dibs on Joffrey!
    Me not getting Joffrey would be a crime.
    Punishable by beheading.
    And then your body will be pinned to a wall with crossbow bolts and then the remains will be served on a platter to Sansa.

Not really a spoiler but it indicates things which should maybe be spoiler'd.
    Really it shoud be punishable by

(Real spoilers follow)
    Being murdered at your own wedding

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    While I won't be playing, there's a high chance that I will actually pay attention to this game, if for nothing but the reaction you have when you DON'T get Joffrey.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    Really it shoud be punishable by

(Real spoilers follow)
    Being murdered at your own wedding
    I will legit cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Arialla View Post
    Or just post the TLDR of it here.
    "Cops should investigate competent players who are not obviously Town or obviously scum."---Vi's summary of the above.
    everyone is competent!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

also I wILL be playing the next game unless of course krayzy doesn't want me too.
    Work as slowed down a little bit to 12-14 hours a day and im going home next weekish.Overall I should have more time, less really confusing posts, and be in a better mood.

Also I need more killing roles, I tend to eat the mafia whole when I'm an SK or a vig.