Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    And the last 2 people who voted on you were scum, as predicted, so you took two people with you. It sucks to die but it was for a good cause =p
    Yeah I know that, but it was still annoying because it felt like everything up to my death was boring as hell. All the good stuff came after.

Imagine if we started at night and you get NKed before you even get to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Imagine being the first lynch to happen on day 1. Nobody has anything to go on at that point so you die for absolutely no reason before you get to play.
    That one sucks
    True. At least we killed a non-poster first day so they only have themselves to blame.

Imagine if we started at night and you get NKed before you even get to post.
    Imagine it happens a lot more frequently outside of this site.

We probably should start at night here but no one wants to be the guy who literally doesn't even get to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    We probably should start at night here but no one wants to be the guy who literally doesn't even get to play.
    I would hate that. "oh look, new mafia game is starting, I wonder what I'll be!" "OH COOL, I'M THE JACK!" *you are dead* "Fuck this shit". I would stop playing if games started in night just b/c bullshit can and will happen. Give everyone a chance to play, even if day one is full of fluff, at least they'll have participated.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Foxxi and I are doing a pokemon themed game next, after that it's undetermined about anything.
    K, I wanna be Arceus please.
    Last edited by mmocb372ace37b; 2013-03-24 at 06:32 PM.

I would hate that. "oh look, new mafia game is starting, I wonder what I'll be!" "OH COOL, I'M THE JACK!" *you are dead* "Fuck this shit". I would stop playing if games started in night just b/c bullshit can and will happen. Give everyone a chance to play, even if day one is full of fluff, at least they'll have participated.
    I don't really see the game having started until something of substance happens and that generally doesn't happen until day 2 or 3. 1 more person is generally dead before the actual (part of the) game (where you need to use your brain) starts when it begins with day rather than night. Only reason you're worried about a night start is because it's now how you started playing mafia. If you started with a night start in your first game and every game since, I imagine you would be complaining about never wanting to play during a day start. Occasionally you will get a power role and you will die night 1, it's part of the random fun. Fluff isn't mafia.

If scum want to kill someone without feeling guilty on a night 1 start, feel free to go after me (or Nightfury Treann).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    K, I wanna be Arceus please.
    As far as I know, it's still only going to be the original 151 as that's what most people are accustomed to. I can talk to her about more, but I think Gen 4 might be a little too much lol. If anything, it'd be Gen 2 as well and maybe, MAYBE, gen 3, but I doubt it :x

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

I disagree, day 1 BS lynches are part of the random fun of mafia. I explained this to the people native to this forum but when I started mafia it was a Warcraft 3 map. My clan developed the superstition that the color red had an important role more often than not so whoever got randomized to red knew they were already 90% sure to be lynched on day 1. People who got red had to immediately figure out a way to stop the "lynch red!" tradition and it ended up being fun for everyone. Of course, based on how everyone reacts to these day 1 circumstances you can figure things out about people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I don't really see the game having started until something of substance happens and that generally doesn't happen until day 2 or 3. 1 more person is generally dead before the actual (part of the) game (where you need to use your brain) starts when it begins with day rather than night. Only reason you're worried about a night start is because it's now how you started playing mafia. If you started with a night start in your first game and every game since, I imagine you would be complaining about never wanting to play during a day start. Occasionally you will get a power role and you will die night 1, it's part of the random fun. Fluff isn't mafia.

If scum want to kill someone without feeling guilty on a night 1 start, feel free to go after me (or Nightfury Treann).
    I was a night 1 kill once(after a day). Was I bummed? Yes, but I got to participate in the first day rather than being signed up and then dying instantly. I get what you mean though about having something to go by, but can you really do that with people killed night before day? So Lysah was a scum, so what? There's zero interaction so no one will draw lines and I doubt her teammates would act any different about it. All it is is killing for the sake of killing. Hell, we can make up random names and roles to go with em that we're "killed" in a night-like prelude to the game and it'd work the same way :3

and fluff is very much a part of mmo-champion mafia :P

Deleted
    As far as I know, it's still only going to be the original 151 as that's what most people are accustomed to. I can talk to her about more, but I think Gen 4 might be a little too much lol. If anything, it'd be Gen 2 as well and maybe, MAYBE, gen 3, but I doubt it :x
    Booooooring. I can think of like 5 Gen 1 Pokemon that are so terrible that I'll probably commit suicide if I get one of them. :|

Deleted
    dibs on charizard

I was a night 1 kill once(after a day). Was I bummed? Yes, but I got to participate in the first day rather than being signed up and then dying instantly. I get what you mean though about having something to go by, but can you really do that with people killed night before day? So Lysah was a scum, so what? There's zero interaction so no one will draw lines and I doubt her teammates would act any different about it. All it is is killing for the sake of killing. Hell, we can make up random names and roles to go with em that we're "killed" in a night-like prelude to the game and it'd work the same way :3

and fluff is very much a part of mmo-champion mafia :P
    Fluff is a part of mafia when people want to appear like they're contributing without contributing. At times something funny comes up, but to go two entire days (generally 1 less during a night start) where all people do is fluff just puts up 40 pages of useless crap, with a total of 1 page of worthwhile material in total if you choose to read all 40 pages. It's more useful for going back to see how other people talk to the people who appear to be scum later on. Also, it annoys me when people think they deserve credit for a high post count with no quality material in it.

You might have got the feeling you participated, but you still had no role in the outcome of the game if you get lynched day 1 (or 2 usually).

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah
    I disagree, day 1 BS lynches are part of the random fun of mafia.
    I can see it being fun at times, but when day 1 lynches always seem to end in lynching the most inactive person, I just feel that it wastes a couple days to discuss nothing of significance besides that incredibly rare day 1 slip.

Booooooring. I can think of like 5 Gen 1 Pokemon that are so terrible that I'll probably commit suicide if I get one of them. :|
    ^Gets Magikarp. *Splash*
    Last edited by Greeney; 2013-03-24 at 07:05 PM.

TF2 Theme!
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    ^Gets Magikarp. *Splash*
    Magikarp wouldn't be a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Magikarp wouldn't be a problem.
    Probably, 3 day survivor, evolve into Gyrados and get one daykill with Hyper Beam.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Probably, 3 day survivor, evolve into Gyrados and get one daykill with Hyper Beam.
    Gyarados with Hyper beam is terrible :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Gyarados with Hyper beam is terrible :|
    Gyrados isn't the greatest pokemon regardless of Hyper Beam or not. :3

But it was an idea.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Gyrados isn't the greatest pokemon regardless of Hyper Beam or not. :3

But it was an idea.
    Yeah I know what you mean. And I know it's not important for this game either. But I am just too big a nerd to ignore it.