Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New Storm Legion video on Gamespot

Not sure how they bypassed the NDA, guess playing with some Devs sitting next to you helps

Enjoy this 30 mins tour of some of Storm Legions goodies

http://uk.gamespot.com/rift-storm-le...egion-6398316/

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't watch this at work atm but unless Elrar or someone else of authority says otherwise anything in this video is fair game for discussion at this point? I asked that question in their last live stream and Danhesse [sp] said yup it's safe to discuss. (it was the DE stream last Friday)

Regulos raid looks sick.

Deleted
    awesome video!
    morban seems it will be one of my favourite zone

dam rift is so good, but that boring combat i just a huge factor to me
    Last edited by sanaubia; 2012-10-16 at 06:58 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn I've already pre ordered the special edition (can't remember the name), so looking forward to this expansion to get back into the game, I came back rather late and didn't get to raid as I didn't have enough time, but now I do, and everyone will be at the same level again, I'm so looking forward to it. <3 my Cleric.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 09:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sanaubia View Post
    dam rift is so good, but that boring combat i just a huge factor to me
    Just curious, what do you find boring about it?
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-10-16 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Just curious, what do you find boring about it?
    feels too much like wow... and no i don't play wow anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    feels too much like wow... and no i don't play wow anymore
    Fair statement I'm guessing you've not played much or long time ago? The world is alive is something Rift does much better then any other MMO.

OT: It looks like their living up to the high standard. It's nice to see lots of new stuff and we still haven't scratched the surface.

Nice video. It makes me curious about the lore behind the bad guys.

It appears there is a Regulos and a Crucia raid. While I'd imagine the Regulos raid ends with killing some non-binding manifestation, I'm shocked to see Crucia available for defeat right from the get-go of the expansion. Of course is there really any reason to believe that Regulos is the ultimate bad guy in the lore? He is only from the plane of death, and I don't recall death being any more important or menacing than the other planar riff raff. Perhaps he gets eight-sixxed before Crucia does.

I'm concerned that the dragons will all be dead. Perhaps the dragons aren't really the ultimate evils afterall. I did hear some rumors about being able to enter the planes themselves, by a Trion employee or too. I wonder what greater evils lurk there. There are still invasions from life creatures even with Greenscale dead and so on.

Hey d3v, welcome back! Haven't seen you around here in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Fair statement I'm guessing you've not played much or long time ago? The world is alive is something Rift does much better then any other MMO.
    back in beta and around 2 weeks after launch

You're entitled to your opinion, with or without experience to back it up (that's not a dig), but the Rift of today and the Rift of 1.5 years ago are entirely different beasts.

That's not to say the fundamentals of combat are different, or that there's some new game engine running Rift, but there is no fair way to judge Rift now by what it was then.

yeah, its been 11 patches. with like, some seriously game changing stuff in there. I would say try it again, you got nothing to lose.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

well i bought CE back in the day so might as well give it a go

"New Conquest Maps" O.O
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Okay so after watching that video - it made me go straight to my Trion account and pre-purchase Storm Legion. So psyched, cannot wait.

Has it been mentioned how you can obtain Dimensions to start building your own place? Also is there a level requirement?

Quote Originally Posted by goombatommy View Post
    Okay so after watching that video - it made me go straight to my Trion account and pre-purchase Storm Legion. So psyched, cannot wait.

Has it been mentioned how you can obtain Dimensions to start building your own place? Also is there a level requirement?
    your first dimension is a quest reward that can be obtained at like level 8 or 10 or something ridiculously low.

They have mentioned that Dimensions can be obtained from raid bosses (you can use their lair - like GSB for example - as your own dimension) they can be purchased from vendors, and will be available through certain quests. that's what we do know so far. So no level requirement involved (unless ofc you want to get raid lairs)
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    your first dimension is a quest reward that can be obtained at like level 8 or 10 or something ridiculously low.

They have mentioned that Dimensions can be obtained from raid bosses (you can use their lair - like GSB for example - as your own dimension) they can be purchased from vendors, and will be available through certain quests. that's what we do know so far. So no level requirement involved (unless ofc you want to get raid lairs)
    That is so cool. Thank you for answering so quickly! I wonder if they'll include something revolving around Chronicles too. Like using Hammerknell or RoS Chronicles for your Dimension.

No reason why they can't. As was mentioned in the video, there's a lot of stuff NOT being done with Dimensions yet, partly to determine measurable performance hits to the servers, and partly to determine what works and doesn't as far as player reaction goes.

There have been threads on multiple forums with players suggesting locations, items, and UI enhancements to further promote the extent of Dimension control. Don't hold your breath, but honestly, if you can fathom a concept for Dimensions, it's likely being considered by Trion as a future update already.

Quote Originally Posted by goombatommy View Post
    That is so cool. Thank you for answering so quickly! I wonder if they'll include something revolving around Chronicles too. Like using Hammerknell or RoS Chronicles for your Dimension.
    to be quite honest, I wouldn't be surprised. the truth is that the world is going to be so vast and at level 60, 50 raids would be trivial and people would farm them day in and day out for the dimensions. additionally, I can see dimensions being something that is utilized as a reward for the most random of things (PTS participation, upgrades to Collector's editions, epic quest chain rewards, chronicles as you mentioned, Hunt Rift loot, PvP rewards, rewards for doing IA's) the possibilities are really endless, and knowing how Trion operates, they will not, for an instant, fail to make use of the bazillion features they have embedded into the game since launch.