Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Is it just me or does Maya's ability seem kind of weak?

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Is it just me or does Maya's ability seem kind of weak?
    Phase lock is absurdly overpowered. It takes of a TON of HP from vehicles (the flying ones), and works on just about every enemy, including bosses. That ability alone makes most powerful enemies entirely trivial by allowing you to just plow them with headshots for 3-4 seconds while they can't do anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Phase lock is absurdly overpowered. It takes of a TON of HP from vehicles (the flying ones), and works on just about every enemy, including bosses. That ability alone makes most powerful enemies entirely trivial by allowing you to just plow them with headshots for 3-4 seconds while they can't do anything.
    Well, yes and no. It loses it's effectiveness in TVH. That absurd 30-40% chunk to vehicles, become 5-10%. The utility is great, but the health inflation and damage inflation does make it so you have to be more cautious on the use.
    I end up using it as a utility and CC for mobs that I don't want to deal with.
    I seem to use it to res more than actually use it on regular mobs. Badass mobs on the other hand, yeah abuse the living hell out of it if possible.

Beat the game with Maya; haven't bothered with the replay yet. I might do it one day, but right now I'm going to level up the other characters and play a different way. Although I'm not sure anything can be super overpowered Maya elemental damage. Pew-pew, killing things in two shots all game everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Maybe its because im only level 20. But i havnt noticed it being OP.

The health damage bonus for enemies it doesnt pick up is nice. But i dont know...Maybe im doing it wrong

Deleted
    It's a great funny game, however i wouldn't go as far as to call it borderlands 2 since it's exactly like borderlands 1. The same monsters the same classes (more or less) and the same story (Find the even bigger vault!)

I initially started as a commando, but when I read that the Siren actually has a healing tree, I automatically rerolled and haven't looked back ever since. Not because I like healing, but because of the way healing was implemented. For years now, game developers are trying to break the holy trinity and most failed horribly. All those that stuck to the holy trinity, failed to implement anything worthwhile. Rift came close with one of the mage trees (chloromancer I believe), but the class became near overpowered (when I still played) and could easily solo heal and still deal massive dps in T2's.

The siren is my visualization of how I would break up a holy trinity. What many RPG's failed to do, an FPS somehow gets right. 1 cooldown, 4 functions, no global cooldown. Suddenly, you have to be smart. You can only do one thing every 13 seconds and that's it.

If you need to heal, you're better off Phase Locking a low hp target, than a high HP one, since the heals activate upon death within a PL. If everyone is 75% and above, you'll rather want to prevent damage, so you might be focussing on CC'ing heavy damage targets that are about to get close to one of your party members. What do you do when half your party is down for the count and the rest heavily injured. Res or heal?

And then there's always that fourth function, that goes like " trololololololol".

I absolutely can't wait to get back home from work today. I couldn't sleep yesterday. I'm addicted. Shit.

Deleted
    Catch a RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!!! Man I burst into tears laughing at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Had88 View Post
    I killed him in like 10sec... don't know if it was a bug or not. Was really underwhelming. I was in a Coop-Game with another Commando and he died so fast! Didn't know that he was hard for others
    Same. I just finished that fight with a corrosive SMG. Smoked him and never even lost my shield. I thought that health bar was just his first phase or some crap. Turns out, he died, fast. Kind of anti-climactic with all the fuss about how hard he is spamming my ECHO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    Catch a RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!!! Man I burst into tears laughing at that point.
    Have you heard a Marcus gun vendor thing say "Catch a guuuuuuuuuuun" yet? It was even better XD

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    He's the only class who's ability doesn't help him survive, quite the opposite. You whip out a second gun and completely lose the ability to aim down the sights and basically just vomit ammo for a minute and a half. Admittedly it can be pretty amazing with 2 extremely powerful shotguns at close range on a boss, but half the time, if you were going to get shot down, you're just going to get shot down anyway and it does nothing to prevent this.
    Pretty sure there is a heal and damage reduction in his ability.

Anyway, I love the Gunzerker, Hyperion Pistol's together with his ability and you put out crazy damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving this game just as much, if not more than the 1st one. My only complaint is that it is too easy. My weapons just kill things too damn fast. My main weapon of choice is a assault rifle that shoots mini grenades that do about 840 damage (non crit), has a large clip (34), fires quickly and accurately, and reloads fairly fast. My sniper rifle on head shots does over 6k damage and the coup de grace, a rocket launcher that splits rockets into 3 mini rocket, each doing about 2500 (non crit), plus electrical damge, has a clip of 7, and each shot only costs one rocket. As an example, I just beat the bird boss (Bloodwing) and I did over a third of it's health bar in one shot from the thing.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2012-09-24 at 01:12 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Have you heard a Marcus gun vendor thing say "Catch a guuuuuuuuuuun" yet? It was even better XD
    I love everything that 13 year old demolition girl says

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    "Catch a guuuuuuuuun! Okay, I'm never doing that again."

I'm actually sad that the catch-a-ride doesn't seem to talk to me every time I'm near it, only rarely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ofire View Post
    The first one was fun as hell, I bet i put almost 200 hours of game play into it within the first week of owning it (yes no-life alert). I'm stoked to see how sweet the 2nd will be.
    Impressive seeing how a week has 168 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by lolvik View Post
    Impressive seeing how a week has 168 hours.
    Plus that's only if he didn't sleep at all for 7 days, which, while not impossible, the vast majority of people would be unable to do, and it would be extremely unhealthy to do. But he would have had to take some dumps.

I guess 140 is almost 200 (not really)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Loving this game just as much, if not more than the 1st one. My only complaint is that it is too easy. My weapons just kill things too damn fast. My main weapon of choice is a assault rifle that shoots mini grenades that do about 840 damage (non crit), has a large clip (34), fires quickly and accurately, and reloads fairly fast. My sniper rifle on head shots does over 6k damage and the coup de grace, a rocket launcher that splits rockets into 3 mini rocket, each doing about 2500 (non crit), plus electrical damge, has a clip of 7, and each shot only costs one rocket. As an example, I just beat the bird boss (Bloodwing) and I did over a third of it's health bar in one shot from the thing.
    Bosses seem a bit underwhelming for some of it. Hell most bosses are, except some are just gigantic massive health sink, not going to say which ones yet, but geez...
    I find mobs harder than bosses, at least in TVH. Bosses are still cheesey =\

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Plus that's only if he didn't sleep at all for 7 days, which, while not impossible, the vast majority of people would be unable to do, and it would be extremely unhealthy to do. But he would have had to take some dumps.

I guess 140 is almost 200 (not really)?
    I leave it in the background afk. (no I don't).

think round 5 of some of the arena type events were more difficult then the last bosses on first play thru

Just finished TVH playthough with my group (lvl 50 now), and I gotta ask...has anyone found any thing from Moxxi's tip jar beside the Good Touch and Bad Touch.
    Ive been keeping track and have donated 930,000 dollars now, but have only gotten Good Touch handful of times and Bad Touch twice.

Also regarding Maya's Phaselock mentioned in above post, as a heal spec, it is very lack luster compared to the other classes action skill. That being said, its has some solid usefulness. I find on targets like Buzzards or bosses who are immune, it does ~the same damage as a single shot from a high damage rocket laucher (which I stopped using it for damage on immunes in TVH mode) . I mainly use it for instant range rez ( <3 that talent and the commando in our group cant seem to avoid not dying) and locking a cc target or a weak target, letting some hp recover then popping it before it expires for the hp orbs.
    The motion tree's MC is fun to use (MC those super+ badasses is very rewarding)

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Just finished TVH playthough with my group (lvl 50 now), and I gotta ask...has anyone found any thing from Moxxi's tip jar beside the Good Touch and Bad Touch.
    Ive been keeping track and have donated 930,000 dollars now, but have only gotten Good Touch handful of times and Bad Touch twice.

Also regarding Maya's Phaselock mentioned in above post, as a heal spec, it is very lack luster compared to the other classes action skill. That being said, its has some solid usefulness. I find on targets like Buzzards or bosses who are immune, it does ~the same damage as a single shot from a high damage rocket laucher (which I stopped using it for damage on immunes in TVH mode) . I mainly use it for instant range rez ( <3 that talent and the commando in our group cant seem to avoid not dying) and locking a cc target or a weak target, letting some hp recover then popping it before it expires for the hp orbs.
    The motion tree's MC is fun to use (MC those super+ badasses is very rewarding)
    How exactly, is it lackluster? Just wondering why.