Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow that was rather quick. OK so some questions, does it have some sort of online FPS element to it or is it strictly co-op? Is there a matchmaking system for co-op? Is co-op a necessity or can you play solo? So far to me it seems like it's an FPS version of Skyrim with co-op features.
    Last edited by Byrogan; 2012-09-17 at 05:44 PM.

Deleted
    Well, i guess it's a little openworld-ish like skyrim, just not as big, and yes, coop is entirely optional.

Actually, diablo 2 is a real good comparison to the endgame, showing off gear in pvp identical to diablo 2.
    Last edited by mmoc65456a5dcf; 2012-09-17 at 05:53 PM.

The first game was an absolute blast. The art style was great, the weapon collection was enormous (double anarchy ftw), the entire game had a awesome sense of humor that made a lot of moments memorable.

That and it was addicting XD
    If you truly read and think about it, this explains the reason for an immense amount of things...
    -nobody panics when things go "according to plan", even if the plan is horrifying! If tomorrow i tell the press if a gang-banger will get shot or a truck load of soliders will be blown up; no body panics. Its all apart of "The Plan". But if i say that one, little, old mayor will die, well then everyone losses their minds!
    "Those that criticize our generation forget who raised it"

Deathwing is in Borderlands 2!

Well not really, but close!

Image captured from release trailer:

Creature appears at 1:52-1:54 and will probably be the final (non-optional) boss in the games story.

Deleted
    Oh, by the way, if you ever want to play borderlands 1, it has FoV and other issues because it's a console port. luckily there are mods that fix it.

Deleted

Borderlands 2 Purchase Question.

Hey guys so I have a bit of a predicament here. I want to play Borderlands 2 tonight but Im from EU and it doesnt launch there till Friday so I was thinking that maybe if I buy it off the US Amazon digital purchase that I'll be able to play it tonight if I make a new steam account ? Would this work? Here is a link to the amazon page:

http://www.amazon.com/Borderlands-2-Pc/dp/B0050SZ836

the first was fun but kinda got pointless after a while. people found chests that had the best items in them and you just keep reloading the level to get it, even worse was it was in town
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Play the first game. You'll find out why.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    I never played the original
    Boom. There you go.
    On its own, the game is a pretty decent FPS RPG, but with friends it's one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences you can have. I'd highly recommend giving it a try if you have somebody to play with, as you can get it pretty cheap now since it's been out for a while. If you like it, maybe you'll understand why everybody's excited for the 2nd one.

Man, I feel like I haven't even finished the first one thoroughly! I mean, I completed the first and second playthrough with Mordecai, I finished Knoxx on both PTs, but I haven't done Zombie or Robolution on my second PT yet. I haven't even touched other characters.

I feel like if I buy BL2 right now, I'll never get around to doing the things I didn't do in the first. I like to get the most out of a game I mean, if the second is almost identical in gameplay, but with improvements, it's hard to play the old one. Sometimes games in a series change radically in the next game. This just seems like an upgrade, but the basic game will feel the same, thus I will never want to play the first again. Dilemma!

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Man, I feel like I haven't even finished the first one thoroughly! I mean, I completed the first and second playthrough with Mordecai, I finished Knoxx on both PTs, but I haven't done Zombie or Robolution on my second PT yet. I haven't even touched other characters.

I feel like if I buy BL2 right now, I'll never get around to doing the things I didn't do in the first. I like to get the most out of a game I mean, if the second is almost identical in gameplay, but with improvements, it's hard to play the old one. Sometimes games in a series change radically in the next game. This just seems like an upgrade, but the basic game will feel the same, thus I will never want to play the first again. Dilemma!
    Aw man, you gotta at least play the Zombie DLC. It was my favorite one! The aesthetics were really cool and I had so much fun with it.

Idk, I found the first one kinda mediocre, but opinions are opinions, ya know? For co-op I usually pick up a gears game or diablo 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    Is co-op a necessity or can you play solo? So far to me it seems like it's an FPS version of Skyrim with co-op features.
    If it's like the first game, it's very playable solo. You might struggle at some points, and might not be able to do the secret bosses (I had to essentially exploit a blind spot in the Crawmerax fight in the first game since I was solo).

At worst, fights might take a bit longer to get through than if you were playing with a friend or two. You'll also only be able to work with whatever loot you find, instead of sharing and trading. But conversely, you get all the stuff in all the chests.

Deleted
    I've got to say that when I first saw a video of borderlands 1 I thought, meh, I'm not impressed... and I played it solo, and thought this is fun, but lacking a little something. Played it co-op and it was great fun

I think it's one of those things that it helps a lot to play with friends and to experience it to actually appreciate what a good game it is. I'm really looking forward to Borderlands 2 Pre-ordered and I've got a couple of friends playing.

After playing it for two or three hours, I deem the game Borderlands 1.1

Not really sure what the devs were doing for all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Aw man, you gotta at least play the Zombie DLC. It was my favorite one! The aesthetics were really cool and I had so much fun with it.
    I played it in PT1, but I was overleveled at the time. I haven't done PT2 when it's scaled yet.

Deleted
    Im really not a great lover of FPS games, but I picked up Borderlands 1 on a whim and played it co-op with my ex, and fricking loved it! The world is open and feels massive, the characters, playable and NPC are awesome and come out with some really humour stuff and the gameplay is a lot of fun!

This time round, im massively psyched for Borderlands 2! Cant wait to get it delivered!

If anyones interested also, here is a link to the site I work for, you can download our free Borderlands 2 PDF magazine, has lots of info and exclusive Borderlands interviews in! http://www.gamegrin.com/gameon/gameo...-borderlands-2

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post

Not really sure what the devs were doing for all this time.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...SameNowItSucks
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Deleted
    I never played the first game either, how does the ''end game'' work. I mean I know it's not an MMO but after you beat the game can you carry on looking for loot and exploring zones etc? also is their tier set items and things that will keep you wanting to progress your character?

Another plus point seems to be the price it's only £26 here in the UK...considering Guild Wars 2 cost me £50 a few weeks ago it's a bargain.
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2012-09-17 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Perfect! Sounds like fun!

Now I just need to figure out if I will ever get around to finishing up BL1 if this is just a solid upgrade.