View Poll Results: What do you roll on in LFD

Voters
205. This poll is closed
  • I roll on everything and I don't care.

30 14.63%
  • I roll on everything and feel bad sometimes.

19 9.27%
  • I role on MS only and I am noble.

156 76.10%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I can't get myself to need on something that isn't for my current spec if anyone else in the group needs it for their current spec .. Only time I ever do it is to counter ninjas, I.E. someone doing that exact thing :P

Of course I do it if there's noone else needing it

I don't like to do it, but I'll roll on everything in MOP, just as protest against obsolete "Need before greed" system. I's horrible system for random content and it was obviously horrible from the moment, LFD was first implemented in patch 3.3. It only brings rage, hate, hatred and loot drama. I don't know, why this system lived for so long. May be Blizzard just care less about random players. But LFR changed order of things. Now most of players used to push need just because they can in any cases. And there is no way back. Old "Need before greed" system is doomed now. And it was very big mistake not to get rid of it before MOP release. Cuz the feeling of new first tier heroics will be spoiled again like in Cata. So I by myself will help devs to feel that is was bad mistake. And I advice you to do the same.
    Last edited by AVPaul; 2012-09-19 at 08:03 AM.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    I don't like to do it, but I'll roll on everything in MOP, just as protest against obsolete "Need before greed" system. I's horrible system for random content and it was obviously horrible from the moment, LFD was first implemented in patch 3.3. It only brings rage, hate, hatred and loot drama. I don't know, why this system lived for so long. May be Blizzard just care less about random players. But LFR changed order of things. Now most of players used to push need just because they can in any cases. And there is no way back. Old "Need before greed" system is doomed now. And it was very big mistake not to get rid of it before MOP release. Cuz the feeling of new first tier heroics will be spoiled again like in Cata. So I by myself will help devs to feel that is was bad mistake. And I advice you to do the same.
    Good point. I can't see them going the LFR route though for LFD. Guilds have been using heroic runs for ages to gear people up quickly, and people getting gear they don't need while others just get money is going to get even more hate than it does now in LFR.

I don't think it makes me noble to only roll MS ... kind of a dick move to steal loot for your OS. The only time I roll OS is if I watch the rolls and see no one needed it, then say I'm OS rolling and then I'll need, but I never ninja.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, in anyone rolls need on healing gear I'll roll need on their gear, especially true with prots and rets and hold it for ransom. Added bonus, since now I can disenchant, can even disenchant the item in their face if they're idiots. Cherry on top they'll just die repeatily too. Tired of people who believe they can do anything without consequences.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

If you roll need on anything you don't need for the spec you queue'd as you
    may be pleased to hear that you're now among the many who lost all sense
    of common sense and etiquette. I congratulate you on your newfound indifference.

Deleted
    going with my druid i always roll need on agil kit, will see if theirs a druid healer or dps in the group before i roll need on off spec balance/healer kit after checking that they haven't the same or better gear equipped.

Deleted
    Usually i roll only on what i need for MS.

If i got bad players or douchebags in party though .. i will ninja as much as the luck lets me.

For the first few weeks I'll be running dungeons with the guild so I won't run into loot shenanigans with random people.

"if the need button is available, i click it. i'm never going to see these people again anyway" is a terrible attitude and you should be ashamed to act like that. you are literally the reason the wow community is shit. congrats.

I roll need on items for my off-spec if I think I'll ever use it, but only if I've asked if the ones in the group who would actually use it for their MS (should there be any) don't need it themselves.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Anyway. I meet very bad RNG in LFD so often (something about 27 runs to even see item with 14% droprate dropped), that now I decided to need on all offspecs I can, just because, if I would not win this item today, then may be I would have to grind it for ages, when I will actually need it. Imagine the situation. For example I decided to need only on MS first and pass all other items. Ok. I'm gearing up my MS, but last 1-2 item don't want to drop due to very bad RNG, which happens very often and even too often with me. So I still have to gear up my MS and pass offspec gear? Ok. But imagine that I want to gear up my OS after gearing up my MS. And I have to grind for this items again? How much time have I wasted, while grinding for my MS? So. That is the answer. May be I'm not playing my OS now, may be will not play it in nearest future, may be I will never play my OS, but in order not to waste my time, I'll grind for my MS and all OSs simultaneously. Am I ninja? Ok. May be. But when I'm thinking about weeks of time and ten's of trys wasted to get this epic item in order to replace some quest greens/blues, when I'm already full epic and need only this one item, that makes me think, that I deserve this item not lesser, then this blue/green noob, who have just lvled up to max lvl, but he needs this item on his MS. Or at least, it makes me not to bother about his demands and about how bad am I appearing in his eyes.
    Last edited by AVPaul; 2012-09-19 at 09:55 AM.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

I only roll for my MS.

Occasionally i will wait and see if no one needs a item if i can use it for my OS, then i roll need and let the group know that i am rolling for OS.

Rolling need on gear just to vendor it is a shit move and is way to common in the game today.

Deleted
    Depends much on my mood! My MS is tank, but if a dps item drops and I'm in a bad mood I need it, if not, I let the dps take it since I have my tanking gear Never felt guilty for needing anything for my OS gear, since ppl have done the same to me.

Deleted
    First of all, I think the current roll-system is outdated and kinda stupid. You can't really do anything against people who are just there to need - to sell or disenchant (gief gold!).

Second and most important: I only need on what I want to use for my current spec, only need on off-spec if none else needs it. I don't see it as "noble", I just see it as common sense. To people who think that their time is more important then others, that just their grind is more important, can go and stick their head in the shredder. That anyone would think that they deserve an item more due to their "skill" or ilvl or amount of epics, is just insanely stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Yeah i need on everything I can, not caring about how annoying it is to others, and i have not a shred of guilt afterwards. But so do like ½ of all the other people in LFD/LFR. And lets be honest, you will never meet the people you ninjaed loot from again, so i don't feel like i have any obligations to them. Back in BC i was one of the nice dudes tho. I passed when i needed for OS and another dude also did, i offered to DE for the group free of charge, and then just roll for the shards at the end. But back in the day, you were hold responsible by your actions (at least on my server), and because i was known as a nice dude, I had no problems finding a dungeon group/raid. But sadly, the days of a server community is over.
    You freely admit that you would commit a selfish act that might upset someone else, as long as you won't get any comeback.

I guess you're the kind of person who steals stuff from people IRL if you're sure you won't be caught. What a nice person.
    Last edited by ContentsMayVary; 2012-09-19 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dawdiiio View Post
    That anyone would think that they deserve an item more due to their "skill" or ilvl or amount of epics, is just insanely stupid.
    There might be a few exceptions but a lot of people that are extremely low on the meters just don't know the class, or are just being lazy. Both of which drags out 4 other people's time. You think they should get rewarded equally? They already get the same amount of VP.

I have this guildy rogue, with legendary daggers, who constantly pulls 50k+ in DS. When he is in a dungeon though he pulls around 20k..you can tell he is just auto-attacking. I already know he loves to talk to his girl on the phone while he plays and stuff, which is fine, but it irritates the crap out of me when I know we can own things so much quicker. Coming up in the xpac, I do hope that if he dungeons the same way as he has been that he gets all his gear taken from him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefrog View Post
    With every new xpac, everyone's gear gets a reset. In the first few weeks you can assume that almost everyone running dungeons need gear. To speeds things up, I've always gone tank, or healer, and rolled on gear for my spec (so that I can do the heroic dungeons better) and all the DPS gear (raid spec). thanks to LFD you pretty much never see the people again, but I still feel a little guilty.
    I hope you will feel guilty enough to stop doing it. This is exactly what makes this community so bad, the whole selfish 'I want it and who cares who I screw over, because I'll never see them again anyway' attitude.

I only roll for need for the things I need in my current spec and greed the rest, unless no one needs a certain piece that I could use for OS, then I need that. I do always tell beforehand when I will need on OS gear, so other people can do the same if they want.

Deleted
    I press need for MS no matter what (duh), however if I see anyone rolling need on an item they don't need even if its a green item me and my buddies (cus ye I'll be lvl'ing together with some buddies, not a full group tho), will start rolling need on all of your items.

I hate ninja's.

For OS I wait till everyone greeded and I clearly state that I'm rolling for OS.

I gear up with my guildmates obviously, in my own spec..

If you don't have guildmates to gear up with, why would you need that gear in the first place?