10+ Year Old Account

This is why I love World of Warcraft

With pet battles coming, I took it upon myself to go after a lot of rare companions I didn't own yet. The one I have really zeroed in on is the Black Tabby which drops from any mob in Hillsbrad. As you may or may not know, the best method for farming this is massacring the wild horse packs that spawn just outside the yeti cave. So many dead ponies.

Anyway after about 5 days of this, I have recorded around 30 thousand kills. Of course, not one cat carrier drop. I know it is rare, but with 1 in 8000 odds this has been getting pretty ridiculous. After my latest round, naturally I got pissed off ("FFS, this game hates me!!! and so forth). Deciding to put my time into getting my archeologist to 525, I relog on her and head for the digsites in Winterspring. surveying at the frozen lake, still huffing under my breath about my bad luck, I hop along to another find, when one of the whiny Highborn ghosts decided to attack me. After defending my self accordingly. I loot him and what do I find....Azure Whelpling, a pet that eluded me for years.

This is why I love this game. Can take you to such lows one minute, then gleeful surprise the next, just with a random pet drop.

Anyway, back to Hillsbrad. I am feeling a bit luckier today
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

That's why I have a love/hate relationship with WoW. Really low, lows and really high, highs. One minute you could be walking on clouds and the next your slamming your mouse on the desk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, congrats.

I can't quite recall the last time something similar happened to me. I guess the closest would be me and a couple friends doing our "weekly fun run", which is basically a trip to Kaelthas, Onyxia and Malygos for a chance at rare mounts. I fly over one of the Nerubian digsites in Boring Tundra. Not thinking much of it and being far ahead of the rest of the group, I land and do some quick archaeologizin' before continuing my route to the Nexus.

Only much later I solve the last grey artifact with the fragments I picked up then, and BAM, Blessing of the Old God, final northrend arch-rare. I never though I'd get it cause I had been farming Tol'vir without much luck for ages.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by havenwood29 View Post
    That's why I have a love/hate relationship with WoW. Really low, lows and really high, highs. One minute you could be walking on clouds and the next your slamming your mouse on the desk.
    Truer words have never been spoken.

I've been trying off and on to farm a pair of warglaives for years, and now I have a weekly 45 minute run set up.
    I decided to check out the baron's mount, having run Stratholme about 50-60 times in vanilla, and on me 5th run he dropped his mount! Yay!
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats Yig

Update: 35k horse killed now. 0 Cat carriers looted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel the same way. I was having an awful day once. Came home, got on my Kara run (5 times a week, one per toon), and boom - Fiery Warhorse drops on the first try

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what makes the game a great MMO, rare items.

It's things like TLPD and what the OP mentioned which makes this game stand out from the rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    This is what makes the game a great MMO, rare items.

It's things like TLPD and what the OP mentioned which makes this game stand out from the rest.
    Should be alot more really rare thingys! I got the blue protodrake first run in Uthgard pinnacle in WOTLK by the way. Had no clue it was kinda rare .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enabled View Post
    Should be alot more really rare thingys! I got the blue protodrake first run in Uthgard pinnacle in WOTLK by the way. Had no clue it was kinda rare .
    That's still pretty rare. I only ever saw it once in a good 100 runs or so across a pile of toons. Once, and I didn't get the mount

This is why I love World of Warcraft... its familar, i play wow since closed beta (with many breaks).

But its easy, u log in, and u know how and what2play <== Nevermind how long was the Break. The longest Break was 1year

I got the azure whelp randomly while leveling an alt, gotta say I was quite happy about that lol.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    When farming TLPD I felt like the entire game was against me. I began to get paranoid thinking 'If I do this...then that might make it spawn.' After a week straight camping, I got it and I was shaking.

On my 30'th (counted) run of MC. Only need the left binding for thunderfury. Can't wait till I get it...

15+ Year Old Account
    Ugh... I spent hours upon hours farming that Azure Whelpling, and ended up breaking and spending 19k gold on it (which is alot for me).

I would mostly just run around the lake, but sometimes I would go to other places because I was bored. The first time I went into the den with the spiders/worms, I got a disgusting oozling from a bag. This would be awesome, if I already had not gotten one earlier from farming, and I still have not sold it. The RNG gods were just laughing in my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Enabled View Post
    Camp TLPD and Aeonaxx and Poseidus, you'll waste alot of time, believe me.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno