View Poll Results: How many subs will be cancelled by the end of MoP?

Voters
1131. This poll is closed
  • 0 people will have canceled

316 27.94%
  • Less than 500,000

223 19.72%
  • 500,000 - 1,000,000

188 16.62%
  • 1,000,001 - 2,000,000

156 13.79%
  • 2,000,001 - 3,000,000

90 7.96%
  • More than 3,000,000

158 13.97%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Why even have the "0 people will have canceled" alternative?..

My guess is 1m-2m

Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    Why even have the "0 people will have canceled" alternative?..

My guess is 1m-2m
    Well in my defense the "0 people will have cancelled" option was added by a mod and I could see why some might feel that way.

I specifically stated I am going by trends which have shown a consistent decline in many mmo's which is why this pertains to losses only.

More than 3,000,000 definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Is it possible that Cata sucked and people may come back for MOP and stay?
    No, why would they? It's just the same old boring garbage. Seriously?

1.blizz will lose a ton.
    2. nerdy pimple faced kids will laugh.
    3. blizz will make more in one day (on the last day of MoP) than pimple faced trolls do in their entire life combined.

i know who the real winner is (heres a hint, its not you).

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I vote for 0 people having canceled.
    lol

Lots of people will come and go by the end of MoP, what will retain people is quality content and not recycled garbage and slow content updates.

Deleted
    I have chosen less than 500,000. Not exactly 500,000 loses or 499,999, but definitively between 0 and 500,000.
    Of course, it all depends on how good 5.1, 5.2, and 5.3 patches will turn out to be. There is now a boom happening with 5.0.4 (launch patch), but the numbers will stabilize later on.

Guess it depends on how content works out and is added. I gave 5.0 a try didn't like it, not buying MOP (all others I had within 24hrs of release) would take something damned impressive for me to resub, most my friends have written WOW off completly

Ok technically I was not supposed to vote, but I did have a one week trial recently I played even if I was an inactive account... but anyway... I think the numbers will go down for 2 reasons, but I can't guess really by how much it will be:

1. Some people who didn't like Cata were giving Blizz one last chance to see if game improves, if they don't like MOP, they will be gone
    2. People who started playing when the game was new are a lot older now and may be married, have kids, or just sick of the game after so long, it's not a new game, so they will continue to go down for that reason even if more people like MOP than Cata

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    Blizzard will lose how many subscriptions?

It's a safe bet they won't gain since they have consistently lost subs following the release of their last expansion. People will leave, we all know this and those of you still playing probably accept it/don't care. It was a good run.

---------- Post added 2012-09-24 at 03:45 PM ----------

Optimistic voting thus far. I will ask that only currently active account holders vote because they have a better sense of the conditions.

As some one that unsubbed back in jan 11 I will not be voting.
    3 million. They will go up to 13 million or so gaining more subs than ever before then 3 million will get bored by teh end. Each expansion has seen massive sub losts at the end followed by even more subs at the beginning of the next pack.

Quote Originally Posted by daftone View Post
    3 million. They will go up to 13 million or so gaining more subs than ever before then 3 million will get bored by teh end. Each expansion has seen massive sub losts at the end followed by even more subs at the beginning of the next pack.
    Aren't they at 9 million subs currently?

I seriously doubt they will draw 4 million people back for this expansion as you implied.

If there is an increase, and I suspect there will be, look for it to be around the 1 million mark maybe 1.5 million. I just don't see wow being able to lure 4 million players back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daftone View Post
    Do you realize how long it took to gain that many people?

Mists has to do the work of literally almost three expansions to produce those numbers again.

Highly, highly doubtful.

I used to be so excited for expansions. Now I just feel "meh". I probably shouldn't have gotten it. I think WoW is going to steadily lose subscribers, although I don't know how many unless something spectacular happens to the game. I'm thinking major graphic overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    I used to be so excited for expansions. Now I just feel "meh". I probably shouldn't have gotten it. I think WoW is going to steadily lose subscribers, although I don't know how many unless something spectacular happens to the game. I'm thinking major graphic overhaul.
    There's only so many times you can try to reinvent the wheel before people will notice your wheel is the same as everyone else but with better rims.

It will be interesting when the numbers are released. Hoping for next week for the sake of this poll so we can see what we are dealing with in terms of subs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That's the same thing. I personally feel none. I've been through parts of the beta as have almost all of the mods and my entire 25 man raid team. Every single one loved it. They love it. They think it's amazing and it's just where WoW needed to go to stem the losses from Cata.
    I am yet to see a mod say something critical about WoW on these forums. Makes you wonder...

But yeah anyway WoW will be around 6 mil at the end of expansion.

I voted more than 3 million. They lost about 3 million with Cataclysm, and I believe that Pandarians will be much worse than Catacylsm, so I think it's only logical progression to lose over 3 million this expansion

It's kind of odd, I think they were close to getting 6 million, or already at 6 million when I first bought the game (Pre-BC). 9 million now, minus 3 is back to 6 million, so by the end of Mists of Pandaria, they'll probably be back to where they started, before any of the expansions

I guess the future of WoW really depends on what they do after Pandarians. Even with 6 million subs, WoW is still the biggest MMO on the market, but if they keep up the downward trend of losing 3+ million per expansion, then they only have a few more years left. Hopefully they can make some changes, and stop the bleeding

Edit: I don't understand how anyone (much less 124 people... so far) can vote for "0 people will have cancelled". There's bound to be at least one person who cancels at some point during MoP. Even if it was the best game of all time, there has to be someone, somewhere who cancels, for some reason. Maybe they're facing financial problems, and can't afford the sub, maybe they die in real life (it happens), maybe they just get bored, but there will be at least one cancellation. I just can't understand that kind of thinking, that not a single person would quit during an entire expansion, that has never been the case
    Last edited by Shadylol; 2012-09-25 at 03:22 PM.
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

I think we will see a lot of people return for this expansion to be honest.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    I think we will see a lot of people return for this expansion to be honest.
    Illogical

People have been saying they expect to see people return, or stay for Pandarians, since they announced it, almost a year ago. WoW continued to lose subscribers for the rest of Cataclysm, though. If these people expected to keep playing, they probably wouldn't have quit in the first place, with the next expansion right around the corner
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    Illogical

People have been saying they expect to see people return, or stay for Pandarians, since they announced it, almost a year ago. WoW continued to lose subscribers for the rest of Cataclysm, though. If these people expected to keep playing, they probably wouldn't have quit in the first place, with the next expansion right around the corner
    oh, okay, i forgot you can see the future. my mistake.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Quote Originally Posted by Snarebusta View Post
    Over 3 million. A tiered subscription model with F2P coming during the end of 2013.
    With 7 million still playing? Unlikely. Though I wouldn't complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.