how are your missiles doing more damage whats your rotation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartfrost View Post
    how are your missiles doing more damage whats your rotation
    The only log were he's missiles was nr1 in damage was the wipe on jin rokh he linked, so numbers are properly a bit skewed since it is not a complete kill.
    only other fight were missiles were close (AB 27% misile 25%) is the horridon kill, but i guess that is because of all the adds, i found you could almost 4stack camp on that fight with all the dots you are casting. Though that fight is a f*** bitch when your guildies just refuse(read stupid) to move when charged, i found my self casting RoP like 4-5+ times a minute on that fight.

Shang im looking forward hearing about your turtle progress, how do you find being bound to RoP with all the movement so far this tier? or are you using IW on some fights?
    I went frost after horridon and saw a incredible increase in dps(even though i dropped 4 ilvls down), granted i had been slacking with no ptr testing and only 30m of testing the new arcane mechanics on dummies before raid, but still..

Hey guys. I come on here and i read everyone's posts and i try to learn as much as i can and you've all been an incredible help. But I see everyone stacking haste and trying to figure out how to stay at 4 stacks as long as possible and from what i can tell it doesn't seem to be working well. But has anyone given any thought to going back over to stacking mastery and dumping stacks with ABr? I know i'm way behind everyone else in gear at 487, so i need to squeeze out every bit of dps i can. And i'd really like to not have to switch over to fire cause i have very little crit built into my gear. But is mastery a viable way to go? Or are we stuck with stacking haste?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wirrrey21 View Post
    Hey guys. I come on here and i read everyone's posts and i try to learn as much as i can and you've all been an incredible help. But I see everyone stacking haste and trying to figure out how to stay at 4 stacks as long as possible and from what i can tell it doesn't seem to be working well. But has anyone given any thought to going back over to stacking mastery and dumping stacks with ABr? I know i'm way behind everyone else in gear at 487, so i need to squeeze out every bit of dps i can. And i'd really like to not have to switch over to fire cause i have very little crit built into my gear. But is mastery a viable way to go? Or are we stuck with stacking haste?
    Best rotation / stats atm is RoP/Mastery stacking. With 4xAB > AM-If proc > ABarr (dump stack) > Repeat

We're just trying to find out if there's a way to make haste works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    Shang im looking forward hearing about your turtle progress, how do you find being bound to RoP with all the movement so far this tier? or are you using IW on some fights?
    I went frost after horridon and saw a incredible increase in dps(even though i dropped 4 ilvls down), granted i had been slacking with no ptr testing and only 30m of testing the new arcane mechanics on dummies before raid, but still..
    Was benched for Tortos, but the other two mages weren't: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dt...?s=5196&e=5614

To be completely honest, nobody cares as long as the boss dies. They wiped on Megaera for the rest of the raid time.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Best rotation / stats atm is RoP/Mastery stacking. With 4xAB > AM-If proc > ABarr (dump stack) > Repeat

We're just trying to find out if there's a way to make haste works.
    Thank you very much. I had a feeling it was gonna go back to that cause blizz seemed so anti haste and focused on us dumping our stacks.

Deleted
    Appearantly I can't PM zomgDPS, so here's what I wrote to him. Any feedback (also from him) would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

Hope you don't mind me messaging you, I have trouble finding a decent source of information and it seems you know quite alot about it all. First a small introduction, I played mage from Vanilla up until WOTLK started, so did my share of all 3 specs in the old days. I have left the game for about 18 months and returned a few weeks ago, back when 5.1 was still up. I leveled 80-87 as arcane, switched to frost for 87-90 as the "NERF" was announced for 5.2 and hit 90 as frost. Been doing quite some instances and heroics since (dinged 90 2 weeks ago) and this morning I found myself at ilvl475 with this horrific water elemental still by my side. I decided to swap back to arcane, as I seriously can't stand frost anymore.

So here I am, at ilvl475 and properly specced, doing around 40-50k dps. Clearly I suck or lack the proper information. According to both Noxxic and Askmrrobot.com, Mastery is the way to go. I'm hit capped, got everything (pretty much) into Mastery and still I have the feeling I suck dick. My rotation is pretty much the one on Noxxic.

Hope you have the time to think along. Maybe you can soothe me by saying 40k dps isn't that bad at ilvl475, but I seriously doubt you would see it that way. Maybe my rotation sucks (AB till 4 charges then Barrage and AM when I have 2 procs up), but I seriously am unsure about what I'm doing "wrong".

Can't post my armory link (not allowed to, but I'm Keejos on EU/Dragonmaw.

Thank you so much in advance.

With kind regards,

Keejos

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Was benched for Tortos, but the other two mages weren't: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dt...?s=5196&e=5614

To be completely honest, nobody cares as long as the boss dies. They wiped on Megaera for the rest of the raid time.
    was not so much about spec more about your thoughts about arcanes immobility issues this tier, compared to tier 14 were on most fights we could get by with 1-2 RoP/min, and only in a very few fights did we have to do 2-3+ RoP's /min, as i see this tier, it is gonna be hard not to be casting 4-5 RoP's /min? thoughts?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-y57abagjrud69zr0/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-3jt9isuyu07twtj4/

heaps of stuff i could improve on with horridon and first boss, we were trying to learn the fight but ended up killing it quiet fast >_>, oh and on horridon i had no idea wat i was doing lol (was on orb duty /fist)

only fight that was tough of arcane was durumu during maze phase, my dps just droped to dead bottom because i cant dps while moving......(maintaining 4stack i could try with AE next time)

my megaera damage was REALLY good except kill log lol i stuffed up my rotation so hard when i got targeted by frost beam like 5 times lol

im planning on going for IW for dark animus,iron qon, possible lei shen just because i know when to use my IW and get my mana back (75>65 wont be bad from 100>65 from 5.1)

during heroic yes i will be sitting for many fights like durumu,council,tortos but i can still see myself in raid on "Some fights" (might even go fire or something :P)

wish they buffed mana cost back to 100% per stack :/
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Keejos View Post
    Appearantly I can't PM zomgDPS, so here's what I wrote to him. Any feedback (also from him) would be greatly appreciated.
    i'm not 100% sure, but i think 50k is about par for the course at 475.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    wish they buffed mana cost back to 100% per stack :/
    I honestly think this will be happening very soon. Either that or RoP being reverted back to 100% mana regen.
    Last edited by Methusula; 2013-03-09 at 02:37 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wirrrey21 View Post
    i'm not 100% sure, but i think 50k is about par for the course at 475.
    Thank you. Could anyone else confirm that?
    It would mean I'm not at that point yet, but getting there..

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 09:24 AM ----------

Also a follow-up question. Askmrrobot is pointing me towards Mastery, but I see alot of people who're going completely for haste. What to do and why?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keejos View Post
    Thank you. Could anyone else confirm that?
    It would mean I'm not at that point yet, but getting there..

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 09:24 AM ----------

Also a follow-up question. Askmrrobot is pointing me towards Mastery, but I see alot of people who're going completely for haste. What to do and why?
    Mastery is the way to go now, and it was too when you were above 500ilvl.

Full haste was on par till 500ilvl, the bonus side is you could go frost for dailies/heroics or even raid if needed, and some people preffered the haste "flow" more than the mastery one. (like me)

Its for you to decided, but if you want to play arcane only, Mastery is the way to go, haste is meh compared to 5.1

Deleted
    Great, thank you Guess I'll stick to arcane. Got frost as secundary build, but doubt I'll use it. For dailies maybe, but I could live with a little less DPS there.

Deleted
    -- Post deleted --
    Last edited by mmocc7076034c2; 2013-03-10 at 08:26 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I also can't complain and i'm playing ARCANE! ;-) I got ranked on both kills. What i really missed: Casting while moving! :-( But besides that Arcane felt good.

And when we get used to all of the fights, the amount of movement and the rotation can be optimized. Arcane can still shine :-)

Here are my results: worldoflogs.com/reports/lzc1ro8589r3h3la/

Quote Originally Posted by Buchabo View Post
    I also can't complain and i'm playing ARCANE! ;-) I got ranked on both kills. What i really missed: Casting while moving! :-( But besides that Arcane felt good.

And when we get used to all of the fights, the amount of movement and the rotation can be optimized. Arcane can still shine :-)

Here are my results: worldoflogs.com/reports/lzc1ro8589r3h3la/

You ranked because most everyone is playing fire ( and to a lesser degree, frost )

Being proud of 116k dps on the first boss is mind boggling.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really proud of beeing ranked, but about the circumstance that arcane can keep up in my raid with the other DPS - and that is the important part for me. Arcane is still playable and not broken as many people are suggesting.

Deleted
    If you would be in an LFR (or any kind of raid) and you're fighting a pack of 20-ish mobs.. How would you proceed for max DPS? Cast Flamestrike, Nether Tempest on as many as you can and rinse and repeat? Or what do you do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy581 View Post
    Why did you put this in your guide "Expertise – since 5.0.4 provides Spell Hit chance, useful for early expansion reforging"
    Expertise is the same as Hit for Mages. It means things like the 170 Expertise glove enchant can become useful for us at low hit levels.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1