Quote Originally Posted by Liveet View Post
    snip
    if your raid leader sent you to the belt as an arcane mage then you're just in the wrong guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fusionz View Post
    if your raid leader sent you to the belt as an arcane mage then you're just in the wrong guild.
    Haha. Well aslong as you don't have a choice, there is nothing wrong with the guild

Is the differences in stats worth breaking the T15 4p? I got Tier legs from the Celestials, and a chest and shoulders from Ordos this week, was wondering if I should switch them in. My T15 4p is all Normal-level, aside from the legs.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%A8s/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiahz View Post
    Is the differences in stats worth breaking the T15 4p? I got Tier legs from the Celestials, and a chest and shoulders from Ordos this week, was wondering if I should switch them in. My T15 4p is all Normal-level, aside from the legs.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%A8s/advanced
    Hard to say. I would recommend you to Sim yourself. That's probably the easiest and most reliable answer that you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by fusionz View Post
    I did belts for our kill because arcane is the highest on demand burst. So maybe avoid saying stuff like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenbud View Post
    I did belts for our kill because arcane is the highest on demand burst. So maybe avoid saying stuff like that.
    Did you go the Invocation build then? Cause you got no damage while not standing in the rune tbh..

15+ Year Old Account
    Would anyone be able to explain to me how to change my armor to Frost in Simcraft?
    I'm trying to make my mage my main and she is undergeared (526) so I wanted to see how it sims if I go to 9762 haste with frost armor when I'd be losing losing 13% mastery.

Change

actions.precombat+=/mage_armor
    to
    actions.precombat+=/frost_armor

on the page after you press import.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tolgag View Post
    Change

actions.precombat+=/mage_armor
    to
    actions.precombat+=/frost_armor

on the page after you press import.
    Ah, I was importing from askmrrobot, but figured out how to make it work, thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenbud View Post
    Melee are better consistent burst and can move around much easier. It shouldn't be a Ranged DPS' job.

Deleted
    Does the guide on the first page still hold true for patch 5.4? Im seriously considering giving arcane a go.

Quote Originally Posted by jimme View Post
    Does the guide on the first page still hold true for patch 5.4? Im seriously considering giving arcane a go.
    For the most part, the only thing I noticed that it is not up to date on is the 9762 NT breakpoint that a lot of us have been using.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    For the most part, the only thing I noticed that it is not up to date on is the 9762 NT breakpoint that a lot of us have been using.
    OK ty.

Any pointers people can give on the SoO bosses as arcane? Just normal for now. I dont expect my guild to clear 14/14 until next week, but we should get 8 down this week at least.

What adds to dot up, which to arcane explode etc.

So far i've only done the first 4 bosses in flex, so my knowledge of the fights is extremely limited.

Quote Originally Posted by jimme View Post
    OK ty.

Any pointers people can give on the SoO bosses as arcane? Just normal for now. I dont expect my guild to clear 14/14 until next week, but we should get 8 down this week at least.

What adds to dot up, which to arcane explode etc.

So far i've only done the first 4 bosses in flex, so my knowledge of the fights is extremely limited.
    I actually have video guides for how to arcane on Dark Shaman and Sha of Pride, with more on the way soon if you want to check them out (youtube is in my sig)

I should have Spoils and Nazgrim up some time this weekend, I was going to make them today but I have been busy all day getting the house ready to sell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did more simulations, t16 full bis normal WITH t16 heroic pieces, is better than full t16 bis normal with t16 heroic pieces USING the t15 2 and 4 sets...lol.

Maybe I did something wrong but it shows that the t16 2 and 4 set is stronger than the t15 2 and 4 set

Gonna re-test by putting full t15h into it, making sure im hit capped. Won't be 100% optimal on exact reforgings..but it'll give me an idea of where it stands.

Okay I put full t15 heroic into full t16 normal and got 10k less dps than having full t16 heroic in full t16 normal gear...

Gonna do a sim with full t16 heroic bis, with t15 heroic 2 and 4 set (using those 4 items) then do a sim with full t16 h including tier 16 heroic and see what happens.

Using t16 normal bis list, I got all the item ID's and put everything in as heroic warforged 2/2 WITH the 4 tier 15 heroic pieces, then Ill rinse and repeat except by just adding 4 tier 16 heroic pieces.

The t15H (using all t16h bis except those 4 tier pieces) dps I got on patchwerk was 384,697 dps
    The t16H dps I got on patchwerk was 401,319 dps

So for me the t16 is looking stronger than t15. Idk who else did any math but that's showing t16 4 set in heroic AND normal being better.

I do want to say the itemization isn't 110% fully optimal, but it's going to show the difference of the tier set bonuses basically. In fact the itemization is worse for the t16 gear than t15 for arcane. So it's saying something that t16 is still coming ahead.

I am going to go ahead and disagree with the notion that t15 heroic 4 set is SO strong that t16 4 set can't compete. I just don't see it in this math.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2013-09-15 at 03:43 AM.

Hey fellas, relatively new arcane mage here. I was relatively lucky this week to pick up the t16 2pc bonus and have the following question:

'Arcane missiles cause your next Arcane Blast within 10 sec to cost 25% less mana, stacking up to 4 times'.

With this effect, at 4 stacks of arcane power should I change my rotation at 4 stacks of arcane power to: Arcane Missiles -> Arcane Missiles -> Arcane Blast -> Arcane Barrage ? Or just leave the rotation as normal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuffguss View Post
    Hey fellas, relatively new arcane mage here. I was relatively lucky this week to pick up the t16 2pc bonus and have the following question:

'Arcane missiles cause your next Arcane Blast within 10 sec to cost 25% less mana, stacking up to 4 times'.

With this effect, at 4 stacks of arcane power should I change my rotation at 4 stacks of arcane power to: Arcane Missiles -> Arcane Missiles -> Arcane Blast -> Arcane Barrage ? Or just leave the rotation as normal?

Technically you don't want to break t15 4 piece until t16 4 piece..But it's up to you. My math has shown that t16 4 piece is better than t15 4 piece. Still waiting to hear from the other arcane mages to put a little insight to my results.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Technically you don't want to break t15 4 piece until t16 4 piece..But it's up to you. My math has shown that t16 4 piece is better than t15 4 piece. Still waiting to hear from the other arcane mages to put a little insight to my results.
    I never had any t15 pieces so that's not a bother for me , am just curious if an alteration to the rotation is in order with the t16 2set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    You haven't done any math. You simmed some things and haven't even given anyone any of the parameters so they can attempt to replicate your results.

Quote Originally Posted by Liveet View Post
    Did you go the Invocation build then? Cause you got no damage while not standing in the rune tbh..
    Nope was RoP, once through a normal rotation and its dead, 15% less damage inst an issue for 10-12 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cycobi SB View Post
    Melee are better consistent burst and can move around much easier. It shouldn't be a Ranged DPS' job.
    Unfortunately we were very melee limited that night (1 Fury, 1 WW, 1 FDK and a rogue) they werent getting it done so we had to bring in some ranged and of the ranged mages and hunters are best suited for it. I agree its easier for melee most of the time but my group was Fire Mage, BM and myslef so it melted. Side effect was going from 300K+ not doing belts to only like 160 on belt duty but oh well we got the kill
    Last edited by Kenbud; 2013-09-15 at 04:53 AM.