Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    I dont get why people are still advocating Iceblock for jin rokh hc. I used it the first two times we killed him, but it hurts the dps so bad that you have to use it just when you really wanna build up ignite or other stuff in other specs, it is also during my 2end pot, and often during my 2end procs of trinkets. Greater invis is up every time, and all you have to do is blink out of the pool with 2-3s left on the debuff. At this point the lightning storm will start as well.

I have tried both and i simply dont know how people can recommend iceblock strat if they have actually tried invis.
    I assume you mean cold snap and not Iceblock. In case you actually meant Iceblock. Personallly, I use both Iceblock + GInvis. Use Iceblock during the cast of Ionization for < 1 sec max downtime, then GInvis for the others.

Doing this, it equals more time standing in the initial pool with Time Warp up + pot/procs etc. pool.

Greater Invis also allows your healers to completely ignore dispelling you for the entire fight allowing the raid to clear the debuff much faster, as most immunities and damage reduction cd's are 2-3min, so the second pool generally ends up being a complete scramble

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Utsegi View Post
    I assume you mean cold snap and not Iceblock. In case you actually meant Iceblock. Personallly, I use both Iceblock + GInvis. Use Iceblock during the cast of Ionization for < 1 sec max downtime, then GInvis for the others.

Doing this, it equals more time standing in the initial pool with Time Warp up + pot/procs etc. pool.
    well yes i meant the iceblock strat using coldsnap.

But tbh i dont use iceblock my self on the first pool. The reason for this is i would loose roughly 2-3 gcd's(to be on the safe side, timer can be off, and boss could start casting while in gcd) And usually i am building my combustion ignite at the time of the cast. I realize that i also loose time in pool by blinking out with debuff, but i can still dps, just without pool, cant do that in IB.

with all that said i wont argue with using IB on first pool and G-invis for the rest, and it might be better than the way i do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xomniuri View Post
    Greater Invis also allows your healers to completely ignore dispelling you for the entire fight allowing the raid to clear the debuff much faster, as most immunities and damage reduction cd's are 2-3min, so the second pool generally ends up being a complete scramble
    well the coldsnap Ib strat does the same in the sense that you wont need a dispel, unless your dps is so bad that you need all 4 pools, in witch case you do need a dispel at the last one, but healers dont need to dispel the entire raid, they just gotta make sure that the ones letting it time out is at full health when it does.
    Last edited by mmocd79892434a; 2013-05-24 at 11:51 PM.

I agree with stX3, GInvis is awesome. You don't have to bother anyone for a dispel/mitigation, you put yourself on the way to your spread point for storm, and you can spend the full debuff time building proper combusts or cycling procs in the pool. The damage is negligible. I save IB for emergencies with orbs.

I was a fan of Cauterize for a long time, but playing with GInvis due to HJin'rok has shown me more avenues in other fights. It is just too versatile once you get used to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using cold snap is only 1 gcd since you should be using the glyph. I understand the loss of 1 gcd is a much bigger issues for fire but there are 2 other mages specs.

And don't forget blink is on the gcd...
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    with all that said i wont argue with using IB on first pool and G-invis for the rest, and it might be better than the way i do it.
    Id really suggest trying it, even if you lose 2-3 GCD's using Icelock instead of running out and using Ginvis and staying out for storm (Aout 7-8 seconds of pool DPS lost?). You'lll still have more uptime in the pool which will = bigger DPS. Might be a little scary using it at first as it is close and I would suggest a macro with /stopcasting as the first line for Iceblock.

Hope it helps

Ra-Den mage tricks:
    - AT at ~3s left on Unstable Anima, it removes the subsequent Anima Sensitivity debuff (let AT expire AFTER it jumps off you) so you can take another one
    - IB the second Anima Sensitivity, allowing for a third Unstable Anima
    - Didn't get a chance to use it in our kill (no Red balls spawned before 20%), but G Invis can solo soak a red ball in phase 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am removing this thread from the sticky list to make room for the gear and fix my dps threads. While this thread was a valiant effort, it seems like it hasn't lived up to its full potential. It will stay open of course so feel free to add to it if you ever feel the need to do so.
    My magic will tear you apart.