Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Mage] Soloing Tempest Keep?

Seriously, how do you do this as a mage? I really want to start farming the Ashes mount, but I get Stun/Silence/Disorientated locked on second phase and when I finally pull out of it, Kael himself stuns me.

So frustrating.

I have a friend who has a 90 mage who has completed that boss I believe. I will ask him and hopefully he will come out here and post it

Deleted
    Loot the staff equip it and use it
    Should be pretty good after that. And use mirror image when the 4 mini bosses come i think, and focus them down dont aoe unless u have good gear.

I'd suggest you equip the legendary staff and right-click it, it'll then provide you with a protection against stuns/silences/disorients.

You either have to kite the three melee adds to the other end of the room and kill the mage before they get to close, or you simply equip (and use) the staff, stand there and just kill them.

What pufyanny said.. loot the legendary staff, equip and use it. 15m buff to immune you to all their cc except fear and conflag. For classes who can't use the staff, you run out of the room before the doors 'close' after pulling the boss, run to the entrance and wait for the first 2 guys to run to you and kill them there, kill the mage at the doorway to the first hallway and kill the hunter as close to the boss room door as you can get before he gets back in range. This staggers them when they all activate. The boss can run out of the room without the fight resetting.

Use mirror images and iceblock on the council's second phase. Don't waste dps by equipping his legendaries. Keep bombs up between stuns. Then heal to full using evocation after they're dead, timewarp and burn Kael.

Just reinforcing what was already said - equip the legendary staff and USE it (right-click) to activate the protection buff.

I wonder how a non-staff-user can beat it, though...

I am decently geared, but yea that staff really makes it easier. I generally go right after the mage first because that disorient is a long duration. I am human so I usually trinket that one, but if not just make sure you are getting a dot on them and if you are frost throw a frozen orb at her too. As soon as she is dead you can kill the engineer and ice block off the stun. If you take cold snap then you can always use ice block again if needed. After those are dead its a kite game if you don't have gear. Get away and use evocate to heal yourself up and finish them off while doing so. Getting that mage down is usually the key to winning that phase imo. A stun shouldn't be much of an issue because you can blink out of a stun.

Hope this helped.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to have the staff equipment and its buff active once you have access to it. After that it is piss easy

Do not use Mirror images or water elemental when fighting KT, you can use it on the council ppl, but not on him, if you do you might get MC'd and the fight will probably reset.

Enjoy farming, think I am up to about 100 kills and nuffink QQ

Deleted
    If in the first phase you kite all generals to the other side of the room, except for one (the mage or the engeneer) and you start phase 3 behind Kael, you should have time to get rid of one before the others reach you. The rest is kiting and bursting.
    Not an easy fight though.

i actually didnt know there was still a challenge to this. I kill him without any issues on a warlock so a mage shouldnt have much more of a problem. I cannot use a pet on the kael part due to mc.

my advice is to kill telonicus the 2nd time as fast as possible. blow every cd if you need to. Once he is dead there is not much of an issue.

Deleted
    I do it weekly on 5 characters
    Also a rogue with 490 ilvl , and prot pala with 485. I dont exit the room, I just kill the 3 melle ads where they are, and kill caster near entrance of the room In phase 1. WHen all of them are up I focus down the ranged fast with CoS and stuff. It's pretty easy when u get some gear.

Good luck. I know i dont have any...

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been killing him all expansion as an Arcane Mage, I just burn them with Nether Tempest and they fall easily. But I'm human so I have Every Man for Himself for a few seconds of NT spamming.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Thanks very much for the quick replies! I was using the staff but wasn't away of having to right click it for its effects to pop up, thought it was a continuous effect.

Cheers guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like most people have said, equipping the staff makes it soo much easier, not sure you can kill him before he transitions at 50% but I've gotten him to about 20% before combustion and he always comes out of the transition at 1 hp.

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    i actually didnt know there was still a challenge to this. I kill him without any issues on a warlock so a mage shouldnt have much more of a problem. I cannot use a pet on the kael part due to mc.
    Slightly off topic here but I solo this on my Mage (main), druid alt and warlock alt (warlock has terrible gear) and I can still use pet for solo'ing. He doesn't mc his primary threat target, so using a observer pet should be fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    at 90? Walk in, nether tempest things.

vs Kael, equip staff.. easy mode.

lootreaver just got nerfed, so you should be fire and just run and scorch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pufyanny View Post
    Loot the staff equip it and use it
    This. I'm 533 geared though, but I've been running TK for quite some time. I simply spec NT, hide behind a pillar when he rezzes his advisors, pop MI when they come into my LOS and dot them all up quickly. Nether Tempest cleave just burns them down in an entire Ice Block, if you feel unsure.

Kael after that is simply a TW+burn. If you use the staff it's basically a cakewalk. My Mage is one of the smoothest classes for soloing this one.

I don't use any of the drops and rape the place as frost, everything drops quickly with NT. Reaver is a joke alternating Blazing Speed and Blink, GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1o1 View Post
    Like most people have said, equipping the staff makes it soo much easier, not sure you can kill him before he transitions at 50% but I've gotten him to about 20% before combustion and he always comes out of the transition at 1 hp.

Slightly off topic here but I solo this on my Mage (main), druid alt and warlock alt (warlock has terrible gear) and I can still use pet for solo'ing. He doesn't mc his primary threat target, so using a observer pet should be fine.
    oh duh. didnt even think about that. was using my VW so that makes sense. I was using him until kael came active then i would just dismiss him.