Poll: Does this excite you?

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    I just think Alleria laying her sister to rest is such a tear-jerking story.

~~~~~~~

While Garithos was really bad (I don't cuss lol), Blood elves still didn't HAVE to join the Horde. It was their ideology that suffering from magical withdrawal would kill them; an ideology given to them by none other than Kael. The High elves prove that this is not the case showing that with meditation, you can control yourself of the addiction. So Kael misinformed them, which in my belief, caused them to remain in Quel'thalas in fear for an answer on how to sustain their addiction (which most did causing them to absorb fel energy). Some High elves that went with the Alliance even went back to Quel'thalas because the Alliance couldn't cure them of their addiction, so this "fear tactic" worked.

Also, while Garithos was evil, the High elves didn't hold the humans in good view; even before the Scourge Invasion. Under the leadership of Anasterian Sunstrider, the High elves only put up a token army to help the Alliance in the Second War. They also blamed the humans' poor leadership skills for the burnings of their forests (which the Trolls burned the forests, and without the humans' help they probably would've burned down Quel'thalas). It was after the Scourge Invasion that the High elves clung on to the Alliance, and how do you think that would make them feel?
    Well... actually the BE joined the Horde because they needed allies, and the one who pushed them to join was Sylvanas (as you may know Sylvanas was a ranger general of Quelthalas and for them, she was a hero, who sacrifised herself to fight the scourge, and now she was giving them a way to protect themself, somewhere to go...

Also the BE didn't left Quel'thalas cause Kael told them that he will give them something they could use to fight the addiction and he did, he gave them the demonic crystals (the Green Crystals with shiny yellow eyes that are all around Silvermoon)

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Well... actually the BE joined the Horde because they needed allies, and the one who pushed them to join was Sylvanas (as you may know Sylvanas was a ranger general of Quelthalas and for them, she was a hero, who sacrifised herself to fight the scourge, and now she was giving them a way to protect themself, somewhere to go...

Also the BE didn't left Quel'thalas cause Kael told them that he will give them something they could use to fight the addiction and he did, he gave them the demonic crystals (the Green Crystals with shiny yellow eyes that are all around Silvermoon)
    I never argued against your two points.

The High elves did have a choice, though: either go with Jaina to Theramore (though some were already in Dalaran), stay in Quel'thalas to wait for Kael's return, or go with Kael to Outland. Either way, we know how this all turned out.

Deleted
    I still think the Windrunner sisters will form an uneasy pact.

Alleria will want to establish a rebellion of sorts among the Blood Elves, seeking to return Quel'Thalas to the Alliance - or at least to neutrality.

Sylvanas will be thrown out by the Forsaken in a rebellion of their own, as they want someone less... insane to lead them.

Vereesa will, despite of her disgust of Sylvanas' actions, also seek to return their people to power and their true selves.

The three sisters form an uneasy pact; The Windrunner Sisters, each of them bringing her own unique strengths and military to the table.

United, the three will seek a way to gain political influence, recruit volunteers from Silvermoon, and depose the current leaders. Something will awaken within Sylvanas as they all do battle together in the forest, and her personality will slowly return to her true self. She'll remember, not just how she fought Arthas and the Scourge to defend the land, but why she did it.

In the end, their goals achieved, she'll probably either A) die, B) be restored to life, or C) run off and never be seen again in years - to some extent having done right for her crimes by helping to restore Silvermoon to its true self again. Finally, she managed to defend it.

I am really interested to see where they go with this. But to be honest, I am really glad Mojo...that you are not in charge of the lore lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    It would make sense for Alleria to side with the Horde.
    no it wouldnt, her nickname is orc slayer, all her followers joined the alliance when the dark portal opened, her son is alliance, her husband is alliance, her sister is alliance, her nieces and nephews are alliance, all her family and friends are pretty much dead, her home is as far as we know still destroyed and again

her nickname is orc slayer.

alleria being horde would literally be full blown retarded, she went so far as to journeying to an entirely different planet for the sole purpose of killing as many orcs as possible there is NO way she would be buddy buddy with them now, in fact turalyon going horde would be more likely in my opinion then her going horde thats how much she hates the orcs.

would it look a bit out of place having a high elf being one of the main heroes of the alliance in an expansion? maybe but so does valeera sanguinar being best buds and loyal to varian and anduin yet she still showed up at the battle for undercity and never sided with the horde for gameplay reasons.

and before anyone pulls the "horde needs heroes card"

horde has plenty of heroes, bring nazgrel back or rexxar or hell make up a new one.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    I am really interested to see where they go with this. But to be honest, I am really glad Mojo...that you are not in charge of the lore lol.
    And I really care for your opinion, Offensive-and-Anonymous-Guy-I've-Never-Spoken-To-Before.

I'm the one with the First Class Bachelor's Degree in Game Design and Creative Writing, not you. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    And I really care for your opinion, Offensive-and-Anonymous-Guy-I've-Never-Spoken-To-Before.

I'm the one with the First Class Bachelor's Degree in Game Design and Creative Writing, not you. :-)
    usually i like most of your ideas but even i have to admit the windrunner one wasnt exactly your best :P
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Nice, all the major Alliance heroes from the Second War are still alive but not a single Horde one... GIF GOREFIEND BACK!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account

i thought they would have taught you not to be completely biased while you were studying your bachelor...

also; Sylvanas isnt insane, i highly doubt Alleria would want to help the Blood elves (considering they allied with orcs and all), and the Blood elves are still their "true selves"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I'm still confused about this "take Lorderon back" bullshit.
    legitatmately the undeads.
    Especially since Stormwind didn't lift a finger during the third war.
    Number one - It's the capitol of the Human Kingdoms. It's the symbol of power for the Human Alliance, always has been. It was the seat of power for the Humans. The King of Humanity is in a sarcophagus there.

Number two - Legitimately, it still belongs to the Humans. Destroyed or not, it's still Human territory, the undead have no right to be there, doesn't matter how you look at it. Bring up the arguement of 'Oh noes, the undeadz is all ex lordaerons and shiz' well guess what? The Undead aren't ALL from Lordaeron. They just died there and were buried there. Soldiers that went north from the southern Kingdoms, all that stuff. Also, quite a lot of Lordaeron refugees actually escaped the plague.

Number three - Well...it was kind of destroyed and still being rebuilt. Wtf do you expect!?

A bachelor's degree!?

DUN DUN DUUUUNNNN!

I'm the one with the First Class Bachelor's Degree in Game Design and Creative Writing, not you.
    :-)
    I was on your side until you said that. Grow some tact.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    Number one - It's the capitol of the Human Kingdoms. It's the symbol of power for the Human Alliance, always has been. It was the seat of power for the Humans. The King of Humanity is in a sarcophagus there.

Number two - Legitimately, it still belongs to the Humans. Destroyed or not, it's still Human territory, the undead have no right to be there, doesn't matter how you look at it. Bring up the arguement of 'Oh noes, the undeadz is all ex lordaerons and shiz' well guess what? The Undead aren't ALL from Lordaeron. They just died there and were buried there. Soldiers that went north from the southern Kingdoms, all that stuff. Also, quite a lot of Lordaeron refugees actually escaped the plague.

Number three - Well...it was kind of destroyed and still being rebuilt. Wtf do you expect!?
    By right of conquest. And since when did Menethil rule more over the human kingdoms than Wrynn?

Guess there's one north and one south kingdom.
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2013-09-29 at 10:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post

1. Stormwind is now the capitol of the human kingdoms

2. The Forsaken are undead humans, undead isnt a race its a classification (undead dwarf, undead human, undead elf etc.). The overwhelming majority of Forsaken are undead Lordaeronians, the largest number of refugees formed Theramore, a scant few actually made it out of Lordaeron (Arthas, Kel'thuzad and Sylvanas kill a lot of refugees trying to flee in Warcraft 3), the majority as living Lordaeronians that stayed banded together to form either the Scarlet Crusade or Argent Dawn

3. i agree
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is also Lordaeron Queen missing in action Also stormwind is in kind of "debt" to lordaeron. After all it was Lordaeron Alliance who pushed orcs from stormwind during second war, and secure Wrynn's land.

I think that entire humans/forsaken and lordaeron thing is great, and make so much emotions/tensions between players that blizzard would develop this concept more someday in the future.
    Last edited by Felarion; 2013-09-29 at 10:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    If this is true I'm actually quite excited. More Sin'dorei lore is definitely needed, and the return of the Burning Legion is something that will make me buy that expansion.
    It's really not, 5.2 anyone? Draenei lore is what's needed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    usually i like most of your ideas but even i have to admit the windrunner one wasnt exactly your best :P
    I never presented it as my best idea, either. I often write quick ideas off the top of my head. It's a fun practice, whether they end up being good or not. Either way, they can always serve to inspire others to do something better, make other ideas seem plausible, or simply be an interesting read.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    i thought they would have taught you not to be completely biased while you were studying your bachelor...

also; Sylvanas isnt insane, i highly doubt Alleria would want to help the Blood elves (considering they allied with orcs and all), and the Blood elves are still their "true selves"
    How am I biased? Because I met his drivel of a reply with the same type of drivel?

When people are nice and thoughtful in conversation with me, I am too. If they spout insults, I'll react.

I never said Alleria wanted to help blood elves. I said she wanted to restore the kingdom and turn her people back on what she probably considers to be the right path.

A bachelor's degree!?

DUN DUN DUUUUNNNN!
    Okay, it came off sounding rather lame. My point was that I don't really care for some jerk trying to offend me at an online forum, seeing as how I know I can write if I put some effort into it. WoW has a cheesy narrative, it warrants cheesy ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I was on your side until you said that. Grow some tact.
    Tact in your view equals allowing people to step all over you? He was a jerk, I was a jerk back at him. At least I had the decency to do it with a hint of sarcasm.

I know, I wasn't talking about when Quel'Thalas became under the leadership of Kael. I was talking about hwen Quel'Thalas was under the leadership of Dath'Remar and when the trolls burned down some of the High elven forests. Dath'Remar blamed the humans' poor leadership for the burning of the forests, and essentially, a huge majority of the population (including Dath'Remar) abandoned the Alliance (however, they were still technically part of the Alliance). Alleria and her rangers were some of the few to go against the popular decision.

IMHO, I hope Alleria and Turalyon remain on the Alliance side of things, but like pre-destruction-of-Theremore Jaina did with the Orcs, they will keep in-touch with the Blood elves.
    Please get your lore together, it was Anasterian Sunstrider, who ruled Quel'thalas during the time, he is the one who initiated the first Alliance between humans and elves in the first place during the troll wars 2.800 years ago, but they never really saw eye to eye, the only human Kingdom Quel'thalas saw as somewhat equal was Dalaran.

Indeed all of Quel'thalas and its armies left the Alliance except those who remained in Dalaran, which was still allied with Quel'thalas, including their crown Prince Kael. The Alliance splintered because it was never about unity or friendship, but necessity. The humans began to distance themselves from their non human allies shortly after the second war and before the expedition was sent to Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Alleria is not a blood elf and is an Alliance hero, there is no reason at all that she would choose to side with the Horde.

Neutral does not work well in Warcraft. I would much prefer the Alliance get to keep their Alliance heroes and that the Horde gets a separate storyline furthering Sylvanas' story (aka the actual Windrunner sister who went Horde) and/or get some development regarding other key Horde characters, such as Rexxar.
    Indeed Alleria will never join the Horde, but I seriously doubt she will be able to fight her own people,Quel'thalas was always her most important focus, everything else was secondary, including Turalyon. So I would argue she can turn out neutral trying to bridge the rift between her people, or remain part of the Alliance and try to bring Quel'thalas back into it. But if she acts remotely similar like Vereesa Blizz screwed up big time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    It's really not, 5.2 anyone? Draenei lore is what's needed.
    I raise you gnomes, no one needs lore more than gnomes!

15+ Year Old Account
    Someone asked GC about Turalyon and he just dodged the question like usual lol. Something like they are out there waiting etc, but no confirmation when we could see them.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    When you say "neutral" do you mean by helping both Alliance and the Horde?