Looking for a racing game

So I don't know much about racing games, but I'd like to get my hands on one now. I have no idea what the best racing games are so that's why I come here. I like being able to tune your car and if the game has a good/long singleplayer campaign/story. So, tell me what you think would be best for me? Thanks in advance!

Yeah I saw that one, but that doesn't exactly include which racing games are best, just on which platform

10+ Year Old Account
    You won't find many racing games with a story. Need for Speed series is about all I can think of. I really enjoyed Most Wanted. It also offers car tuning and whatnot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gran Tourismo is good, though i dont know what version its up to now though, the last one i played was GT3.

GRID. GRID is one of the best and most underrated racing games out there.
    It has a pretty long career mode, and there are even Lemans races. Handling is great and so are the cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Fogged View Post
    It has a pretty long career mode, and there are even Lemans races. Handling is great and so are the cars.
    But isn't GRID pretty old already? I'd like a more up-to-date game, and I heard GRID 2 won't come out untill summer 2013

Deleted
    Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends. Release date: 2012-06-28

It's a pretty new game and it looks fun. I haven't played this game but i played a lot of Test drive unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends. Release date: 2012-06-28

It's a pretty new game and it looks fun. I haven't played this game but i played a lot of Test drive unlimited.
    Allright thanks!

I always liked the Toyko Xtreme Racer games, especially 3 and Drift 2. I won't say they're good, but I played the shit out of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    How the hell hasn't Forza 4 been mentioned!? I'm an avid Racing game player, and if you want a game that has realistic physics and really engaging racing, then you really should pick it up. Or if you don't want to spend a lot on a game you're not too sure about, You can buy Forza 3 Ultimate (all DLC) for about $15 used at a Game Stop.

p.s. Just to add, If you are into rally racing, Dirt is an amazing series. I've played Dirt 1 and 2, haven't tried part 3 yet, But the first two were incredibly addicting. Only down side is there isn't too much in the way of vehicle customization, which for me is very important. In the end though, it did not make the game un-enjoyable in the least.
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2012-09-26 at 03:41 PM.

You can always try Track Mania as well. For a free to play game it is pretty good.

Deleted
    F1 2012 is pretty good if you like that sort of thing. The DiRT series is awesome as well. Tbh, it's subjective; what I think is a good game, others, and yourself, might not. Go on Gamespot, and filter the list of games to Racing only, and see which ones take your fancy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fogged View Post
    I have to agree on this one. GRID is definitely one of the best racing games I've ever played. Add in a steering wheel and pedals and the game gets even better.

NFS: Shift 1 & 2 are pretty decent too. Been having a lot of trouble getting them to work with my G27 though, the controls are fubar when trying to do the drift challenges (normal racing works great). Had to go back to gamepad/keyboard to even have a remote chance of clearing the drift-thingies. Other than that they're both great games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wait till October 23rd for what could be the greatest racing game ever. Forza Horizon, only on Xbox though.

Thanks for all the replies, now I've got a wide option of games I can choose :P To Naidia: I don't have an Xbox so yeah