Prot: Light's Hammer

I just recently hit 90 last night and was tinkering around with the talents for 90 and I enjoy the concept of LH, but.. why does it generate NO THREAT? It seems like the damage part on it doesn't grant threat but if it 'heals' from it, then it generates some threat, albeit very minor. Is this intended? If so, then I'm extremely disappointed :/

I didn't really care for the execution one even though some sites were suggesting it but if it's better.. *shrug*

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

I haven't looked into it, mostly because as a DPS less threat is always better.

I can see why LH would not add to your threat.. at 2 targets it beats any other move, at 4 damage is sick.
    Any more than that (plus vengeance) and the ammount of DpET LH can do it's ridiculous.

Edit:

With the way vengeance works right now it's unlikely you'll face threat problems at all, but if you do, use Holy Prism and macro it on yourself.

Heals you and does splash aoe damage on a short CD.
    Last edited by Veliane; 2012-09-28 at 02:18 PM.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is there any confirmation that Holy Prism generates threat from damage? Was hoping to give it double duty: self-cast for a bit of healing and AoE dps/threat on trash and adds and cast it on a raid boss with a nice vengeance stack to off-heal the melee dps.

(Edit: I'm still 88 so haven't had the chance to test.)

While LH is a mix of guardian and totem, HPri is a spellcast so it should generate threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping it would generate threat, but since Dragon's Roar doesn't, I'm not surprised that Light's Hammer doesn't either. :/

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    A bit let down on the threat issue. While that's a minor plus for ret and holy, it doesn't let Light's Hammer fill the role of uber-Consecrate for tankadins that I was hoping for.

Now I just wish Prism looked even half as badass as Hammer.