Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Survivability issues on beta

I have some survivability issues whenever I try to pull more then say... 2 or 3 mobs at once. Its a bit problematic especially for kill quests in populated areas, since I can only tag 2 things at a time. Does anyone have any ideas on how to increase your survivability while leveling? For reference, I'm currently in a complete BiS DS set with legendaries. (And yes, I am using damage reduction/evasion cooldowns)

Quote Originally Posted by PANDA EXPRESS View Post
    I have some survivability issues whenever I try to pull more then say... 2 or 3 mobs at once. Its a bit problematic especially for kill quests in populated areas, since I can only tag 2 things at a time. Does anyone have any ideas on how to increase your survivability while leveling? For reference, I'm currently in a complete BiS DS set with legendaries. (And yes, I am using damage reduction/evasion cooldowns)

Here's a thought, pull less mobs.

Here's another thought: Pancakes.

Now that we're done saying random, unrelated things, lets get back to the topic :>

I haven't played in the beta, but that sounds about right. I dread leveling my rogue every expansion. I got completely destroyed in Cataclysm with BiS gear from ICC.

Basically, the only thing we really can do is just pull 1 or 2 things at a time like you have been doing. Every now and then when Evasion or Combat Readiness is off cooldown we can go crazy and pull 1 or 2 extra mobs, but it's definitely a slow process compared to some of the other classes.

Here's another thought: Pancakes.

Now that we're done saying random, unrelated things, lets get back to the topic :>
    Topic: I pull more mobs than I should and die. How can I fix this?

Answer: Pull less mobs.

There really is nothing left to discuss here if you can't handle 3+ mobs don't pull them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Topic: I pull more mobs than I should and die. How can I fix this?

Answer: Pull less mobs.

There really is nothing left to discuss here if you can't handle 3+ mobs don't pull them.
    I'll make sure to tell our main tank that. Or our lead healer. Or any really any player in this game that is interested in improving a specific aspect of their gameplay. Save me your smartass little one-liners. I'm interested in improving survivability for AoE scenarios, not arguing with some 30 year old guy on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    I haven't played in the beta, but that sounds about right. I dread leveling my rogue every expansion. I got completely destroyed in Cataclysm with BiS gear from ICC.

Basically, the only thing we really can do is just pull 1 or 2 things at a time like you have been doing. Every now and then when Evasion or Combat Readiness is off cooldown we can go crazy and pull 1 or 2 extra mobs, but it's definitely a slow process compared to some of the other classes.
    I feel your pain. I have been investigating tanking trinkets and mending enchants, but there is a huge amount of diminishing returns when you start cutting dps in lue of health/health procs.

Mod edit: calling people names won't support your point - infracted
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2012-09-20 at 05:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you reforged or gemed based on new stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Have you reforged or gemed based on new stats?
    Currently trying something with a bunch more stam, its helped a little. But usually the damage lost is not worth the extra health.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently trying something with a bunch more stam, its helped a little. But usually the damage lost is not worth the extra health.
    For my character some of the stats are weird, im a warlock and they want me to reforge to expertise now.

Basically say ive got a helm with hit haste, im asked now to reforge the haste to expertise so ive got enough hit rating for 17% at level 90.

I'll make sure to tell our main tank that. Or our lead healer. Or any really any player in this game that is interested in improving a specific aspect of their gameplay. Save me your smartass little one-liners. I'm interested in improving survivability for AoE scenarios, not arguing with some 30 year old guy on the internet

I feel your pain. I have been investigating tanking trinkets and mending enchants, but there is a huge amount of diminishing returns when you start cutting dps in lue of health/health procs.
    um... holy crap dude.. you need to chill. There's nothing wrong with the advice of just pulling fewer mobs.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll make sure to tell our main tank that. Or our lead healer. Or any really any player in this game that is interested in improving a specific aspect of their gameplay. Save me your smartass little one-liners. I'm interested in improving survivability for AoE scenarios, not arguing with some 30 year old guy on the internet.
    And what exactly do you expect? If you're wearing BiS gear, using your defensive cds wisely (I assume this also included disarming, stunning, ect.) and you still die, the only option left is to pull less. Or get someone to help you. There's no magic to work around that.
    Kill one by one, or two by two, or whatever your limit is. It's probably faster than , I dont know, AoE kiting 15 mobs or dying.

10+ Year Old Account

What spec/talent choices? Are there specific types of mobs giving you trouble, or is "running around and tagging it all" the only thing that's killing you? Please realize that 3 mobs aren't going to die faster than 2->1 (combat) or 1->1->1 (sub/assass); you'd need to actually be AoEing to take an advantage out of 3+ mobs (and if you can tank 5, something's wrong).

Unless I'm missing something here, the question is largely irrelevant, because pulling more won't let you kill faster... which is what it WOULD do for a tank/healer combination.

Get a full snd going, get a full recup going, glyph deadly momentum, profit.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Wait is his issue that he can't kill things 2 at a time and he can't pull less than 2 at a time? There might be some mobs that are linked and are actually not sappable, but most mobs in wow are not linked outside of instances and a rogue should have no problems splitting pulls. So if you are posting here asking how you can go about killing those mobs given the current state of the game, we have given you your answer: if you can't kill 2, pull just 1.

If you are posting here trying to give your feedback in hopes that blizzard will change something to make it easier for you, your feedback is far more likely to actually be read if given to them in better ways than an mmo champ forum post.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you re-read the OP, Sessh, his complaint is that he's having trouble trying to pull MORE than 2-3 mobs at a time (so minimum 3, max ???)... which I'd say doesn't sound like it fits our toolkit, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    For my character some of the stats are weird, im a warlock and they want me to reforge to expertise now.

Basically say ive got a helm with hit haste, im asked now to reforge the haste to expertise so ive got enough hit rating for 17% at level 90.
    its not wierd expertise give spell hit* so ....
    Last edited by Archimand; 2012-09-17 at 01:12 AM.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    If you re-read the OP, Sessh, his complaint is that he's having trouble trying to pull MORE than 2-3 mobs at a time (so minimum 3, max ???)... which I'd say doesn't sound like it fits our toolkit, at all.
    Reading comprehension 1, me 0.

You're right... wtf is he wanting to pull that many for.

I was under the impression they were comparing other classes that can easily pull 2-3 mobs at a time and survive, vs a rogue who is struggling to do the same?

It does indeed suck, but taking the pulls slower is the only viable option for leveling a rogue from my experience. Luckily for me, my rogue is the character I am taking through the content first, so I'll be taking it slowly the first time anyway

Deleted
    1. SnD, Recup, Glyph of Deadly Momentum, as someone already stated above.

2. Spec into Elusiveness and use Feint regularly (I actually created a timer for its buff on my IceHUD).

3. Change non-lethal-Poison based on mob type, Crippling is awesome in conjuction with FoK+CT and its Glyph...you can kite-kill an army of Mobs (as long as they are Melee and have no snares) w.o. ever getting hit. Mind Numbing is Chief in Areas with a lot of casters. Don't bother with leeching or paralytic, they are worthless in AoE Situations.

4. Learn. Rogue Survivability is nice in MoP as it was in cata, but you need to adapt to some new stuff. Simple as that. Try playing like you did the last two years -> You die, just as I did. Adapt to the new mechanics -> You AoE pull with a grin.

Happy Hunting!

Yes, as above, if you want to pull more than one mob go with:

Glyph of Deadly Momentum
    Glyph of Recuperate
    Glyph of Evasion
    Combat Readiness
    Leeching Poison is ok. Elusiveness if you are a worrier.
    Preparation for an extra Sprint and Evasion (although SS is very good for pulling)

Change to Worgen, put Assassin's Step on your boots and just run around going crazy killing everything with Recup ticking for 4.5% of your HP every 3 seconds and never coming off (until you go and hand in a quest).

Whilst I hate the mindlessness of Combat in raiding and hope it remains the worst Rogue spec single target, it is probably best for levelling because of BF and KS.

Try and keep the pulls down to two mobs really but three should be fine every few mins especially if you have Evasion up.
    Last edited by jtstormrage; 2012-09-17 at 08:38 AM.