Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A bit more info on the Cote issue and the season opener (spoilers): http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/08/01/nc...s-la-spoilers/

So, it looks like Tony and Ziva are gonna do it. Then...I don't know.

Isn't one of the producers Sean Murray's uncle or godfather?

Sean Murray is the stepson of Donald Bellisario, who used to be the producer of NCIS, but isn't on board any more since 2007. Bellisario's daughter played McGee's sister, and he has another son who had a role in JAG. Which is perfectly OK, you wouldn't do it differently. It's entertainment industry and not public service.

I also don't think that Murray is a "terrible actor", in fact, I think he's pretty convincing as McGee.

Question: Any other hints on Ziva’s exit on NCIS? —Cheryl
    Ausiello: Her send-off will be a love letter to Tiva ‘shippers. “We’re going to deliver everything the Tiva fans would want,” assures exec producer Gary Glasberg of Cote de Pablo’s two-episode swan song. “There’s tremendous romance and tremendous heart and pathos, and I hope fans enjoy it. We’re going to do our best.”
    http://tvline.com/2013/08/06/booth-a...-ask-ausiello/

10+ Year Old Account
    Another small spoiler: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Criminal...d-1068875.aspx

Jackie's father will show up during the Thanksgiving episode

Like I said, they're gonna do it.

A bit spoilerish but not too bad:

[URL="http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ncis-boss-why-were-not-killing-off-ziva-174545608.html"]http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ncis-boss-why-were-not-killing-off-ziva-174545608.html[/URL]

Basically, they are not killing off Ziva which should at least allow her to make guest appearances. Whew!

10+ Year Old Account
    Meet Ziva's replacement: http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ncis-exclus...205144260.html

Kind of sounds like a female McGee

Just a note about Pendulous's article in that they don't actually name the actress who will play Ziva's replacement as they haven't picked one out yet. It does however, give a description of the new character. I kind of also like how they won't replace her right away.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have season opener plot: http://www.cbs.com/shows/fall-previe...is-first-look/

Huh. I'm not sure how I feel about Parsons apparently taking a 180, after how hard he tried to get Gibbs convicted

- - - Updated - - -

Also, a 30 second promo video http://tvline.com/2013/08/28/ncis-se...-tony-goodbye/

Tony has facial hair. That is all
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-09-04 at 06:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how newsworthy it is, but it sounds like this MIGHT be the permanent Ziva replacement //derpy.me/3llxd

Only a few days to go. can't wait for new seasons of stuff.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/fall-premie...w2phpgFEg/ncis

Short interview with Gary Glasberg about the end of last season and the upcoming season of NCIS.

I would have to think they will need to find her replacement shortly so they can start shooting those episodes. I think they were looking at having those episodes be shown in January/February so they would need to shoot them in October/November.

I'm interested to see how they handle Ziva's departure. Now, if I can get my PVR to work properly I would be able to record it.

10+ Year Old Account
    New episode, yay!

Comment as I go:

Wait, wasn't Jarvis in that building? ...Yes...he was..wow. I mean, I always thought he had some secret scheme going on (see the first page of this thread), but damn.....

Wow, that IM conversation seems really out of character for Ziva. I know she's leaving, but I hope they don't screw with her character to force it.

Ducky may be old, but he's still clever.

Huh, Arizona. Why does everything seem to happen in Arizona? The woman with the radioactive paint, that guy that Gibbs' mother-in-law knew who got fried by the Reynosa Cartel, and now McBride's murder.

Ok, so Ziva's on the run in Israel. And apparently, going there isn't gonna happen, or else they'd have done it. Instead of trusting Adam.

Also, I'm starting to wonder if Fornell really is the target at the end of season 10. Just the foreshadowing of Gibbs saying "whatever happens, I got your back". There is still the chance that whatever's going on in that scope, Fornell is in on it, and he's just leading whoever he's with into the trap for Gibbs to gun down. It's weird to see the first episode of the season be so ambiguous. usually the first episode wraps up the storyline from before.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-09-25 at 05:10 AM.

I don't think that that Tomas whatshisname is entirely on the Government's side in this.

I think this episode will be more notable for what happened off the screen then on it. From all accounts Cote's decision to leave was done very last minute leaving everyone having to rewrite this episode. For the most part they did a pretty good job of hiding that fact but to me anyways it was somewhat noticeable. I would love to listen to the commentary of this episode to see what changed.

I think the most surprising thing about this episode was Ziva didn't actually appear which makes me wonder how much she will be in next week's episode. It also makes me wonder what caused her to leave since she wasn't in it that much. Did she have a falling out with someone or was she burned out? From what I've read it wasn't a money issue.

Surprising way to start the episode though with literally a bang. I thought we were watching the end scene from last season's finale which we never got to see so that's still to come. I thought Morrow was killed at first and I was like Noooooooo. I laughed at Palmer's presentation skills as it reminded of school but I did wonder if Palmer had become an Agent in their absence. The other guy was kind of funny in that he was the complete opposite of Ziva. Abby was hilarious especially in the coffee shop asking if they can trust the girl who has a higher security than both of them. The main plot though is a bit weird though. The bad guy wants to kill them for what they know but we know they don't know everything. And why kill Ziva, Tony, and McGee since they all left NCIS?

The bad guy wants to kill them for what they know
    The bad guy wants to kill them for what he THINKS they know. And that potential knowledge is dangerous for him as long as they could pass it on to somebody else. The team doesn't necessarily know that they know what they know about the bad guy. As we know, Homeland and the CIA aren't all that forthcoming with information, but who knows what Tony, McGee and Ziva might have accidentally heard while in MTAC. But so long as they might know what the bad guy thinks they know, and can tell somebody about it (even without knowing it is about the bad guy in question) they are a danger to his operation.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-09-25 at 03:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The plot was a little confusing to me too. And I swear I saw somewhere that both episodes would be this week. So I'm a little bummed about that. I did love Palmer in this episode, both in teh squad room, and his nonchalant statements that he normally makes and then stutters on because they're so bad timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I don't think that that Tomas whatshisname is entirely on the Government's side in this.
    Me too, a little. I think it's a little bit his accent though. But the fact that he was on the list of targets can't be ignored.

Also, did Tony have an alarm clock with Kate's voice telling him to get up?
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-09-26 at 02:35 AM.

Huh, Arizona.
    Maybe they just have a lot of stock footage of that area, so it saves them a bit of money?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Maybe they just have a lot of stock footage of that area, so it saves them a bit of money?
    I guess.

Also, that IM conversation could have been done better. Ziva's replies were happening immediately when Tony sent the messages.

Heavy spoilers, episode 1 reactions http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/fall-tv/...202805160.html

Episode 2 promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBjYBmlVNkE

Course it doesn't say anything at all about what happens, but ok.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-09-26 at 04:16 AM.

Cote de Pablo on leaving NCIS:
    NCIS fans have long memories. They fondly recall the scene back in Season 4 when Ziva David, then still a visiting Mossad agent, announced to Tony DiNozzo, "I will kill you 18 different ways with this paper clip." So when the woman who so engagingly played Ziva for eight seasons, Cote de Pablo, announced she was leaving the series, grief-stricken devotees sent paper clips to CBS in protest. But even that couldn't keep Ziva attached.

"On a September day in New York, I'm looking out my balcony, and I still miss my family," says de Pablo, thinking about not being on the Los Angeles set in the fall for the first time since 2005. "But they're with me all the time, every day, and that won't change." De Pablo is speaking with TV Guide Magazine exclusively after her abrupt decision not to renew her contract just prior to the start of production on Season 11 (which kicks off Tuesday at 8/7c on CBS).

As for the fan outpouring, she says, "I was incredibly moved by the blind support people had without ever getting reasons as to why I left. People trusted that what I was doing was what I needed to do, and that's unconditional love from people who don't even know me. That's been the most beautiful thing out of this process."

The love de Pablo felt from fans is being returned in a farewell hour that airs Oct. 1 and is easily the most anticipated episode in the history of TV's top-rated drama. It will finally provide some clarity to the long-simmering feelings between Ziva and Michael Weatherly's Tony DiNozzo. "As far as the 'Tiva' fans, they'll get a resolution they've awaited for years," she says. "There is a level of confession. And if it takes a big change like this to stir things up, it's all for the better. I'm a fan of the show!"

Such mixed feelings may only deepen the mystery of why de Pablo left. Clearly, there was a last-minute impasse no one wants to discuss, beyond the network's insistence that money wasn't a factor. "As far as my decision to leave, that's a personal thing, and I'd rather leave it at that," she says. "The idea of leaving was not something I toyed around with for a long time. It was an overwhelmingly hard thing — at times terrifying."

She has no grand scheme for doing a sitcom or movies. "Leaving NCIS was not planned, so there is no plan. If I were panicking now, it would defeat the purpose. I need to get really excited about something, because for eight years I was really excited about this character. I don't want to start anything unless it's like that."

Bittersweet is the word she inevitably uses to describe how it felt to wrap up her storyline at the -beginning of Season 11. "Did I want to leave under those circumstances? That's another story," she says. "But I'm not of the belief that you just take off and leave fans hanging. A lot of people don't get the privilege of going back to a set and being able to say goodbye to people. I left under my terms, and that was wonderful."

The final shoot was "a beautiful day — a quiet, intimate set," she says. "I'm horrible at saying goodbyes, because I've been saying goodbyes ever since I left my country [Chile] when I was 10, so even though I did not utter the word goodbye, I was able to hug them and let them know how much I loved them. And that's all that matters."

"We wanted to give her the most graceful, emotional payoff we could," says exec producer Gary Glasberg. "It was a pretty magical moment. Cote took it and ran with it, and the emotion you'll see on screen is very real."

Ziva's most intimate moments were with Tony, and de Pablo enthuses over "getting to close things off with my partner in crime, Michael. My first scene ever in the bullpen was with Michael, and my goodbye scene was with Michael. I feel like that was a beautiful way of ending — for now, certainly — a beautiful chapter between these two."

Did she say "for now"? Although you get the feeling any reprise would be years in the future, de Pablo has a surprisingly hopeful, never-say-never answer when asked if she could ever return for a cameo or something bigger. "The greatest thing about this last episode is that Ziva doesn't die," she says. "As long as a character doesn't die, the character can always come back. Not that it would actually matter, because we bring back characters from the dead all the time on NCIS!"

Notice her use of the present tense and the word we. De Pablo may be almost as reluctant to let go of Ziva as all those paper-clip wielders are.
    source: http://www.tvguide.com/news/cote-de-...e-1071216.aspx