Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was cool. I was waiting for every rule to be referenced. I like that they bring up rule 51 from the Reynosa Cartel arc. I figured that his dad might end up dead. It's been awhile since we saw him, and his sickness sounded pretty serious. I'm not sure I like the format though. An episode being recanted by someone writing a letter. Not just for this show, just in general.

So just watched S12 E06 (the Halloween special?) Holy fucking shiet that plot twist came out of nowhere and creeped me the fuck out. Seriously hats of to the writers, by far the creepiest little girl of 2014.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap the new episode had a lot of stuff going on. I can't spoiler on this phone (long story), so spoilers ahead for new episode.

They hid that well. They advertised it as "hey look, it's the second wife, happy fun joke episode incoming". And then, you know, things. I knew Kate's death scene was next, I just didn't expect it to be Diane. That's a little disappointing, since she usually brings a lot of humor to the show. We didn't see Fornell or Emily either, so I'm betting a lot of emotional stuff is coming. I kind of hated Jimmy's reaction to it. It would make sense if it was Jenny, or even Agent Lee since they were doing the nasty. But Gibbs' ex-wife doesn't really qualify as a friend, I would think. I'm wondering. If he hadn't been interrupted, would Gibbs have killed Sergei? It sure looked like he was well on his way of doing so. I know he wasn't drinking coffee, but he was off all episode. Even before Diane got shot. Oh, and his second wife calls him Jay. We've seen him be called by all three of his names, and probably even LJ at one point, though that was more Billy Dee's name. But never J.

Speaking of Lee, I miss her. Of course, she's dead, so there's no way to bring her back. But her limited time with the group was enjoyable. And she was a lawyer, which forced Gibbs to deal with her. She brought a nice dynamic. Someone that they kind of hated, but didn't mind hanging out with. I felt they could have kept her going as a side character.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I hope people are still around watching the show. The new episode was really good. Gibbs had a couple really good lines early on, and Vance pretending to stop Gibbs from leaving MTAC was hilarious. There was stupid McGee/Delilah relationship-y stuff, but it didn't feel that bad since a lot of stuff was going on. It did, however, feel really fast and forced, like they wanted something really serious to happen in the span of a single episode. I like the fact that she may be around more though, since she's back in D.C. Wondering what the next big story arc is gonna be though, since Sergio is dead.

Deleted
    Why did only just stumble over this thread now? Shouldn't hang around reading in the class forums only I guess.

Still watching, always have. Although if I am honest I wasn't sure about Ziva's "replacement" at the start. But I think she made her way in nicely now and adds a fresh wind so to say. About the story arc: there is still a lot going on all over the place to find one to be honest so unless the storywriters do a terribad job this show would probably never run out of a story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Layliee View Post
    Why did only just stumble over this thread now? Shouldn't hang around reading in the class forums only I guess.

Still watching, always have. Although if I am honest I wasn't sure about Ziva's "replacement" at the start. But I think she made her way in nicely now and adds a fresh wind so to say. About the story arc: there is still a lot going on all over the place to find one to be honest so unless the storywriters do a terribad job this show would probably never run out of a story.
    I like how distant relatives of Ari keep popping up, most recently with Sergei Mishnev.

10+ Year Old Account
    New episode:

The originality of DiNozzo Sr. episodes was gone the second time. Now, like ten episodes in, they still haven't changed. Tony gets pissed, they have a moment, repeat because they apparently don't learn shit. Who. Cares. Let his character die.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    New episode:

The originality of DiNozzo Sr. episodes was gone the second time. Now, like ten episodes in, they still haven't changed. Tony gets pissed, they have a moment, repeat because they apparently don't learn shit. Who. Cares. Let his character die.
    Yeah, this entire show has this feel now sadly. I loved the show for 7 seasons or so, but it just feels so forced and seems like every story has been done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Gibbs drinks Scotch?!
    Yeah, I'm trying to figure out when that happened. He drank scotch when he was captured by Paloma Reynosa. Maybe he developed a taste for it?

10+ Year Old Account
    End of season arc time:

So, Dornegut came back. And he's...different. More confident, and apparently a better hacker than McGee. Ok, fine. he has an "alter-ego" he uses to support this confidence. But they brought him back, a character I honestly could not care less about, and then warned that there would be a significant loss at the end of the season. Which, of course, turns out to be Dorny. First, that's not a significant loss. And second, most people probably saw that coming. Hell, the newest episode had an Abby that sounded like she was totally phoning it in. Are the cast and crew just getting a little bored? I normally like characters to recur, giving the world a better feel. Seeing, say, Agent Burle in the Harper Dearing arc was a nice touch, things like that. But they didn't do Dornegut justice. Hell, they brought back Agah Bayar, a character that never finished his arc. I like that, but it came at a very poor writing time.

Speaking of Dearing, going back and watching it again. I find it a bit pointless to have an episode end on the fact that Vance is missing, and then have him wake up and be found basically in the opening of the next episode. Also, Dearing spends a lot of time just hanging around places where he should be caught. Someone, somewhere, should have seen him at some point in the crowds. He sits on a bench at the Navy yard and gets caught on a live feed video. how does he get out? He leaves behind a recorded video at a former agent's house after he blows it up, just a few yards away from the agents, how did they not see or hear him? I don't know. It felt all really poorly timed, the second/third/fourth/fifth time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if anybody is still around, but there's a teaser clip for season 13: https://amp.twimg.com/v/fc62621d-e3e...4-c071b6310e32

I'm not sure if anybody is still around, but there's a teaser clip for season 13: https://amp.twimg.com/v/fc62621d-e3e...4-c071b6310e32
    Well, I can't say it looks bad. But that's the point with teasers I guess. I'm hooked.

haha, love NCIS... love it's tongue in cheek humour and the dynamic of the characters.. Tony and Abbi, Gibbs, McGeee... it's so humorous

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't watched the episode this week, but so far...I don't know. Gibbs seems like he's taking a more "management" style role, and it hits way too much to home for me. It's like he's trying to get Tony in line to run the team when that time comes, but Tony already can do that, and has proven that he can do that.

I'm getting sick of every big moment for Gibbs revolving around Mike Franks ghost talking to him too. I don't know why. It made sense the episode he died; after that, it never really made sense. At this point, though, it's all way too predictable. I guess the fact I completely forgot Tuesday passed says that.

Haven't watched the episode this week, but so far...I don't know. Gibbs seems like he's taking a more "management" style role, and it hits way too much to home for me. It's like he's trying to get Tony in line to run the team when that time comes, but Tony already can do that, and has proven that he can do that.

I'm getting sick of every big moment for Gibbs revolving around Mike Franks ghost talking to him too. I don't know why. It made sense the episode he died; after that, it never really made sense. At this point, though, it's all way too predictable. I guess the fact I completely forgot Tuesday passed says that.
    to be fair, i think they've steered away from that a bit, there is that moment in last week's episode, or was it the week before's? but i'm liking Gibbs a bit more, and so far the episodes have been enjoyable, this week's was so quirky, love their banter - i'd have loved a new addition to the show, i really thought for a moment, the agent from last week was joining the crew, that would be kinda nice

i think they are setting it up as well for GIbbs to become NCIS director, Vince to either be killed off, retired or promoted Secretary of the Navy, then Tony leading the team with Gibbs having a more hands on approach.. and possibly a new character next season

kudos to the actors for still doing NCIS, it's been 14 years? nearly as old as some of us. Btw, I only started watching NCIS about 3-4 years ago, i chain watched from season 1 to about season 10/11 and i kept watching -

10+ Year Old Account
    New episode featuring Abby MacGyver'ing her way out of a hostage situation, with another appearance by Tony Gonzalez? Best episode of the season. Not really caring too much about the "Ellie is getting sick of not seeing Jake" crap that we've already seen before from other relationships.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2015-10-21 at 06:09 AM.

Yeah, I really enjoyed this week's episode. It's been too long since we had a proper "Abby" episode.

New episode featuring Abby MacGyver'ing her way out of a hostage situation, with another appearance by Tony Gonzalez? Best episode of the season. Not really caring too much about the "Ellie is getting sick of not seeing Jake" crap that we've already seen before from other relationships.
    well they'll be playing the Ellie/Jake card soon, they've been building it up, it's probably tied to a plot that will dominate the 2nd half of the season.

and yes, i loved this week's episode, it was nice and refreshingly different too. NIce to see Abi the focus here, and it was a delight, very nicely written and cute too. Abby and her little friend.. loved the twist at the end and how she caught it and explained it. She's untapped potential

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    I have to make a few observations.

They really REALLY need to ditch caterpillar eyebrows, she brings nothing at all. She's so damn distracting, she's a terrible agent, she is smart, but so boring. She really makes me wish Ziva would come back. Ziva had an interesting relationship with everyone. Caterpillar eyebrows has no real relationship with anyone.

Gibbs has gotten so damn soft, perhaps he's mellowing with age.. They had the episode where Caterpillar eyebrows wanted to be treated like everyone else, she got bitched at for being on the floor, and then right back to kid gloves.. weak shit

Some interesting stuff once in a while, I'm holding out hope for a real good season ending arc.. But i'm worried this show is just going to fade into a goddamn soap opera.. Just weak as hell lately.