Poll: Poll

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    The Orcs chose their own fate far more so than the Draenei did. 'Join the legion or die' isn't a great example of free choice and good options.
    Power or death? What would I choose...

Velen doomed any Eredar that followed him with his halucinations.

And dont give me that crap about being "slaves". They are as much slaves as soldiers in Stormwind army.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramonkey View Post
    Hey, they were given an option to stay on Argus. Some races weren't given that option and were forced through a portal into hostile lands under the influence of demonic corruption.
    I...wouldn't really call it an option.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    The Orcs chose their own fate far more so than the Draenei did. 'Join the legion or die' isn't a great example of free choice and good options.
    Actually, the Orcs were deceived by the master of Deception.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Am I the only one that finds it funny, not sad?
    You're probably the only one that cares that you find it funny and not sad. I dunno if that's any sort of consolation.

Power or death? What would I choose...

Velen doomed any Eredar that followed him with his halucinations.

And dont give me that crap about being "slaves". They are as much slaves as soldiers in Stormwind army.
    I wasn't aware that Varian imposed demonic will over the soldiers of Stormwind, twisting their bodies and minds.

---------- Post added 2012-09-30 at 04:16 AM ----------

...the Draenei were being convinced by Sargeras himself.

Draenei are pretty close however I have to give it to the Forsaken because they have already died once while the draenei are still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    I wasn't aware that Varian imposed demonic will over the soldiers of Stormwind, twisting their bodies and minds.[COLOR="red"]
    It doesnt seem to make their lives worse right?

oh I remember you now. You're the one that thinks the Orcs are innocent fluffy bunnies. Please get back to me once you've actually read their lore properly, you're not even worth talking to at this point.

You're probably the only one that cares that you find it funny and not sad. I dunno if that's any sort of consolation.

I wasn't aware that Varian imposed demonic will over the soldiers of Stormwind, twisting their bodies and minds.

---------- Post added 2012-09-30 at 04:16 AM ----------

...the Draenei were being convinced by Sargeras himself.
    The Draenei were offered a chance to join of their own accord...the Orcs were tricked.

Obviously the Orcs had more choices what with their technological advances in space travel...

It doesnt seem to make their lives worse right?
    Well, considering it stripped them of their former identities and replaced their ideals and ambitions with the need to consume life and magic - a need that will not and cannot ever be sated - I would argue that it has made their lives dramatically worse.

Well, considering it stripped them of their former identities and replaced their ideals and ambitions with the need to consume life and magic - a need that will not and cannot ever be sated - I would argue that it has made their lives dramatically worse.
    How, because you find it disgusting it doesnt mean they wouldnt embrace it willingly. Blood Elves did, at least with magic.

The Draenei were offered a chance to join of their own accord...the Orcs were tricked.

Obviously the Orcs had more choices what with their technological advances in space travel...
    The Draenei were tricked. Sargeras offered them immense power, telling them nothing of the consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a toss-up between Forsaken and Draenei.

All races have faced hardships though. And all continue to be defined by their hardships, whether by intention or not.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

How, because you find it disgusting it doesnt mean they wouldnt embrace it willingly. Blood Elves did, at least with magic.
    You realize that the High Elf/Blood Elf magic addiction was considered a terrible blight on the race, yes?

You realize that the High Elf/Blood Elf magic addiction was considered a terrible blight on the race, yes?
    By whom, the "pure nature loving" Night Elves?

The Draenei were tricked. Sargeras offered them immense power, telling them nothing of the consequences.
    Are you claiming the ones that joined Sargeras were not given exceptional power?

Kil'Jaeden would like a word with you...

By whom, the "pure nature loving" Night Elves?
    No, by the High Elves and Blood Elves. You know, the people that turned to demonic magic just to cope with the pain?

---------- Post added 2012-09-30 at 04:28 AM ----------

Are you claiming the ones that joined Sargeras were not given exceptional power?

Kil'Jaeden would like a word with you...
    As I said, he told them nothing of the consequences. I never claimed they did not get the power they craved.

As I said, he told them nothing of the consequences. I never claimed they did not get the power they craved.
    Whatever consequences you speak of were, they still ended up for the better than the little light cult that ran away.

No, by the High Elves and Blood Elves. You know, the people that turned to demonic magic just to cope with the pain?

---------- Post added 2012-09-30 at 04:28 AM ----------

Let's compare:

Draenei: offered power and knowledge for their loyalty
    Orcs: Told that Draenei were planning on attacking them and that joining them would help crush the Draenei.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is completely wrong. The Legion seeks to scour all life (and magic). They would have eventually come to Draenor, one way or the other.
    Wrong
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Sargeras
    "Sargeras has changed over the millennia. While he once served his race as guardian and protector, he is now the titans' worst enemy. Sargeras works to undo what the titans have strived for ages to achieve"
    While the story of the Forsaken is undeniably one of tragedy, it is not an excuse for their behavior. The Knights of the Ebon Blade have, unquestionable, been through worse and they still didn't get the 'us against the world' angst going on.
    Again wrong: Death Knights while were suspected were welcomed to the alliance, Varian didn't try to burn them on sight, and actually listened to them, that did not happen to most of Forsaken, at least in their first days (if you follow Legends story
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Legends) Not to mention some of vanilla quests in undead start area, I recall some quests from Brill inn (it had unique music that found only in brill and RFD for very long time)
    And most of Draenei race are evil, 2 of 3 went with Sargeras (after retcon) not other way around, if you want to use "they brought on themselves" card, it would suit the Eredar better, the only race where most people went to pure evil willingly, orcs were tricked badly (I remember the line "our ancestors will never lie to us") (also not sure of orcs in MoP anymore), forsaken hate their existence with everything else, humans politics brought more issues than anyone can swallow (alterac - defias - etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayp View Post
    Dwarfs. More specificaly Male Dwarfs i mean have you seen there women....would you want to pork one of those let alone wake up to one everyday...think about it...poor guys.
    That is why they don't stop drinking
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Let's compare:

Draenei: offered power and knowledge for their loyalty
    Orcs: Told that Draenei were planning on attacking them and that joining them would help crush the Draenei.
    Draenei: Offered power for loyalty.
    Orcs: Offered power for loyalty.

Looks pretty similar to me.

Whatever consequences you speak of were, they still ended up for the better than the little light cult that ran away.
    I'm not sure how you can 'be better off' when you cease to exist.