Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    People have issues with this fight?

Lol the biggest annoyance I've had is the last 15% or so, when he tosses a barrel on the tank and I(as a Frost DK) become the focus target. First 2 times are fine, can pop IBF first and then spam Death Strike and Raise Ghoul+Death Pact for 2nd, though for 3rd I'm usually dead. Never wiped on it once, though unless we have a great healer I'll die. Nbd.
    D3 - Aggs 60 Barbarian | Paladin | Warlock | Shaman | Death Knight | Warrior |

I'll try not to be an ass when I say this, but...

It's really not a hard boss and it really does not require gear.

It may be a little rough with maybe an 89 healer or tank, but it's really not bad even then. Group will just have to try just a little harder.

/runs away with his Coren's Cold Chromium Coaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Direbrew seems harder at 90 than he was at 85 and 80. This could come down to gear alone, but as a healer it does seem like the fight has been buffed quite a bit - even relative to level of players. My success rate has been about 70%, whereas it was about 90% for Cata at 85.
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

I don't even.......

10+ Year Old Account
    We've had a few player death's due to tank/healer getting barreled, but never wiped to him. Maybe people need to pay attention to tactics?
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not that difficult.

I healed it right as I dinged 89 and I was using shitty 415 quest greens.

And that was including melee that were standing in the Disarm EVERY single fucking time.

It wasn't easy, but it wasn't ball bustingly difficult.

Semi Related but I was never able to kill him because he would despawn when engaged.... and leaving the group gave a 30 min deserter debuff since we killed no bosses. The one time we did manage to actually fight him our tank went down in about 2 seconds, and both he and the healer were in heroic gear (guild run).

15+ Year Old Account
    All you need to do is pay attention to his mechanics and down the adds. It's the same fight its always been. You just aren't outgearing it this time. If you ignore the adds and stay in his whirlwind, people will die. If you just take the adds down and move, he's easy.

Deleted
    Believe it or not but I healed the whole instance as shadow at 89 twice. I que'd as shadow and because i have less mana issues in shadow spec (dont have spirit gear).

I have downed him everytime I have gone in. My first few times I had an Ele Shaman come along to drop the 30sec healing totem when times got ugly til I had a little more gear. I am at a 454iLv now I believe & its much easier. Also Dps that know their abilities and how to utilize them is a +. I do keep getting Mages pulling under 25k which is very surprising, usually fire spec.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You MUST be kidding.
    When the tank is unable to tank.... spank it maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Alwayshealing View Post
    I have downed him everytime I have gone in. My first few times I had an Ele Shaman come along to drop the 30sec healing totem when times got ugly til I had a little more gear. I am at a 454iLv now I believe & its much easier. Also Dps that know their abilities and how to utilize them is a +. I do keep getting Mages pulling under 25k which is very surprising, usually fire spec.
    Yeah I noticed people under 15k in random dungeons.... I am pretty sure even autoattacking can do that now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Found him perfectly easy. only real problem was the healers or ranged dps standing so far back that picking up the adds was annoying. not that they don't die easy anyway.

if anything he seems a touch easier. pretty sure we were only getting one add per mole machine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarela View Post
    I healed it fine... but tanks get barreled EVERY SINGLE TIME....
    Drink your brew people! it's free booze >_<

Tanks just don't like to drink I guess... It has gotten to the point that I plan ahead and put Ironbark on whoever is next in threat.
    ive gotten that free drink 1 time only of those times ive been in there (up to 20 times ++) not sure if thats a bug then? becouse i always got my bags open and ready to drink it as fast as it pops up.

Deleted
    Tanking him with 89 in crappy questing equip was quite challenging, but not fully impossible. Even if you get barrel'd the whole time and every mob is attacking everything.

With 90 and hero-ready gear, coren is - sadly - as easy as every year.
    I miss the time where you actually have to do something other than pressing random buttons as you reach them while watching a movie, even with event bosses.
    Last edited by mmoc2a8b04f08d; 2012-10-02 at 01:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the key is the adds. If your group is too herpaderp to kill adds, then really your group doesn't deserve epic trinkets in the first place.

Kill adds, get epics. That's how the fight works right now.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if my issue is with the encounter or my party members, but I have died 6 times in 8 goes, granted we always won. Most times I was the only death, but one time it was just 2 people left alive. I play an enhance shaman, gear is still marginal but what I was noticing was a few times the tank would get barreled and he would turn on me and even with def CDs and some self healing I would die in a few seconds. A couple times I died to adds turning on me, it was like the tank dropped aggro on the adds. The last two I got the barrel and man was I relieved. Regardless we never fully wiped, so guess it's not that big of a deal

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have wiped one time, because healer said "brb" and one of the dps went into "go go go"-mode and pulled the boss. I started to tank it at level 89 aswell in mostly heroic ds gear, and quest gear. No problems what so ever.
    "If you are going to do something, including being an alcoholic, don't half-ass it. /Cheers." - Vezrah, 2012

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen a single person state the CORRECT barrel mechanic.

Basically, Coren spawns Ursula Direbrew at about 5.5 million hp. URSULA IS THE ONLY ADD THAT THROWS BARRELS. At 5.5 million hp, the tank should kite the boss away from Ursula. Ursula WILL ALWAYS BARREL THE CLOSEST TARGET. PERIOD. Make sure it's a ranged dps getting barreled, and you win EVERY TIME. This boss is not hard at all, you just need to do it right instead of trying to zerg it down.

There is no need to kill Isla or Ursula, or even have the tank taunt them. All they do is throw beer around. The little adds should be taunted and tanked on top of the boss, but there is no need for anything more than incidental aoe. They don't do any significant amount of damage.
    Last edited by Flustered; 2012-10-02 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabski View Post
    I can understand some players finding him a bit challenging, but not to the point where it is un reasonable and needs to be changed. He does drop epic trinkets which for a newly dinged 90 are amazing.
    Actually, I don't even find the trinkets that good(at least for my main). I was only going at it to boost my ilvl since I was 1 point shy after dinging 90 and crafting a few pieces. All that stam on the tank ones is okay, but after Cata stamstacking has never been my style of tanking anyway so I only go if guildies or friends ask.
    D3 - Aggs 60 Barbarian | Paladin | Warlock | Shaman | Death Knight | Warrior |