Poll: Action Combat or Tab Targeting

Deleted

Next Blizzard MMO: Action Combat or Tab Targeting

Next Bliizard MMO, if there will be any, would you like it to be action oriented with combos and whatnot or tab tergeting.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-08-01 at 01:47 PM.

A combination of both. Probably more heavy on locking mechanics than combos and stuff.

I loved the combat style in Black Desert Online, I hope to see more of those games.

DiDn't blizz aquire candy crush or something similar? Rather than throw money away on the Action MMO market I think they'd rather break into the mobile/farming/micro market.

Maybe they'll do an MMO similar to Civ/EuropaU. Like a competitive online version of RISK.

A man has dreams, this is known.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would have something along the both..

.. I don't want like Tera, that was shit. Just hack'n'slash.
    .. I want an update of World of Warcraft. Just because it needs a little touch up.

Oh, and ding! 15.000 posts.. Hah..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    If tab targeting could be fixed so it doesn't target someone 30 yards away instead of the guy right in front of me that'd be nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    DiDn't blizz aquire candy crush or something similar? Rather than throw money away on the Action MMO market I think they'd rather break into the mobile/farming/micro market.

Maybe they'll do an MMO similar to Civ/EuropaU. Like a competitive online version of RISK.

A man has dreams, this is known.
    Ew, that's dank.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

It'll be an action combat diablo game

Action.

I think targetting as a system is way too old already.

Deleted
    Not going to happen in the foreseeable future until MMOs become big again and the combat system will be nothing like what we have now

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why they'd ever do another tab-targeting one when they can't even manage to make "target nearest enemy" work properly.

Blizzard has only copied existing popular games these last 8 years. So look at what is popular right now and you will get the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    If tab targeting could be fixed so it doesn't target someone 30 yards away instead of the guy right in front of me that'd be nice.
    Tab-target used to be configurable like that in BC, before Blizzard "pruned" the relevant console variables and addon ability to modify them.

"targetNearestDistance" and "targetNearestDistanceRadius" were in the game till Wrath.
    First one could be used to control the distance at which tab-target would pick up targets and second one the angle (ie make it more narrow so it doesn't pick up targets behind you, or wider etc)

What? You thought max camera distance is the first idiotic decision?
    Nah, you'll have to eat shit and like it, too much power in player's hands is a bad thing obviously.

I wouldn't make any assumptions as to what Blizzard might do for their next game, let alone if they ever make another MMO.

Blizzard game development is kinda like Apple tech development. They are very choosie when releasing a new product and make certain it will fill a special niche that someone else hasn't already done. I think it is telling that Hearthstone and Overwatch are games that were completely out of left field from what fans expected, and yet instantly popular.

I just wish they'd bring back and finish Starcraft Ghost :P

Deleted
    I'm quite sure their next games will be simple enough to be succesfull e-sport. You know. So clueless people will watch it and instantly understand what's going on.

neither as mmos are dying genre - they have way more income from cheap indie type game like hearthstone then from wow proving there is no point investing into new rpg titles

Deleted
    I like action combat similar to Wildstar, not a fan of "combos" though like all those Asian action MMO's.