Quote Originally Posted by Aradea View Post
    I'm sorry I started such a debate about the hit chance. I reforged a ring that i had crit to mastery to crit to hit and am now at 15.10.
    The 0.00% though was listed under the spell hit chance.
    At any rate now that I am over hit can anyone take a look and tell me gem wise if what i am doing seems right. Mr Robot would have me gemming almost all expertise + hit where i have found that if i just reforge like 2 pieces i think from crit to hit I am open to gem int and haste. My second question is if I should be gemming all of the sockets int haste or should i be doing some straight int or straight haste.
    The thing about hit rating is that you're trying to minimize the RNG of missing with your attacks. You could miss with a filler spell, like Fireball or Frostbolt, and it wouldn't matter as much, or you could miss with a Combustion, and cost you a chunk of your dps, as well as waste your cooldown.

By hitting the cap, we're eliminating the RNG that's associated with missing hits. Sure, as Kenbud says, you could be at 14.80 hit and still never miss in a fight. It is also statiscally possible that you miss 3 or 4 hits out of 100, and if that happens to be one of your big spells, you'd lose out on dps. It's why we try to stick as close to the cap as possible.

Anything over hit cap is also wasted stat, which makes balancing it a tad difficult. In the end, you'd have to judge for yourself if 4-17 rating of secondary stat (this equals around 0.01 - 0.05% hit) is worth being over or under the cap.

I think the point that Kenbud was possibly saying is that with Frost it does not matter as much as say Fire. We do not have a giant cooldown that would destroy our dps if we missed the spell. It would suck to miss a spell with trinkets and CD's up, but not nearly as much as missing a combustion. All we would miss out on is 1 GCD... So being under the hit cap for frost is not as big of a deal. But also take into consideration that the chances of 1 spell on that long of a cooldown missing is fairly low at the levels of hit we are talking about.

Been on 14.75-15.00% numourous times, and never encountered a miss. (ive checked logs for entire nights of boss kills, plenty of times, and always with the same result - which is also why I'm certain about this "hit-theory") Sadly I cannot backup the lower cap atm, as I'm currently just above 15%, but believe me, it's not something I wish for, cause atm I feel, like I'm gimping another stat, but can't see to hit the hit I want, untill I can get 1-2 gearupgrades to toy with

If u have 14.50% hit, thats a 0.5%misschance = 1 outta 200spells could be a potential miss - however remember that the chance to miss is pr spell, not over a total of 200spells. So this means that out of 200 spells, theres a 0.5% chance, that any spells will miss. Being this low, is not adviceable, as the odds for a miss, are already double at this points - compared to the next step:

Up your hitrating to 14.75% and do the same math. 0.25% misschance = 1 outta 400 spells will be a potential miss.

Up it further, (this is were I put and always have put my cap if possible - lowering it to this point, in order to get a bit more int/haste/mastery - around 0.5-1% overall dmg on an avarage fight). At 14.80% you will have a 0.2% miss chance, in other terms - everytime u throw 500 spells, theres a potential chance that one of them could be a miss - again, remember that it's calculated pr spell = roll a 500sided die, and hit the 1 exact number, which is a miss. It's VERY VERY rarely going to happen. I cant recall the last time I ever missed on a spell, and I'm sure plenty others who goes by this principal, can confirm this. (and anyone willing to endulge and try it out, would be able to do the same - not doing so, is stubborn, but well, it's up to the individual player to decide if they wanna all out max their char, or do it 99%.)
    Furthermore, I havn't played fire for a long time, thus removing the only argument in my book, to ever consider being on 15% straight out hitrating, or above. - that's ofc due to combustion which you wouldn't wanna miss in any case

This is how I can best describe the matter, and in a practical fashion that should be fairly logic to understand. Hope it makes sense to those in doubt

10+ Year Old Account
    It is true that you don't have to worry about being exactly at hit cap. However, probability in the calculation of the value of a hit rating puts it above intellect in priority.

Back in TBC, I wore frozen shadow weave and only haste items. I ignored hit all together and managed to get an Archimonde kill where I clobbered an arcane and fire mage that were regularly top of the charts. I rationalized that through haste I had so many more casts that the amount of things landing by forgoing hit exceeded the amount of hits if I went for hit cap.

This isn't true now because of how much we have to play with, but the style of thinking isn't new and should always be taken into consideration.

There are unquantifiable components to every stat, that is why I argue with Lhivera and others about haste so much.

Deleted

garrosh AOE

As a frost mage, how would you aoe the adds on garrosh? I run flex with 2 mages and noticed that none was using blizzard on the adds, isn’t blizzard aoe that strong? Btw. I don’t play a mage so i have no idea

Im enjoying Frost bomb on Garrosh. Seems to do the trick in my 10man guilds make up.

This hit talk is blowing my mind. I mean really now. Just wow.
    Last edited by Kenbud; 2013-10-22 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldora View Post
    As a frost mage, how would you aoe the adds on garrosh? I run flex with 2 mages and noticed that none was using blizzard on the adds, isn’t blizzard aoe that strong? Btw. I don’t play a mage so i have no idea
    Those adds not needed to be killed by raid dps actually they were killed by the boss mechanic so its waste to use blizzard.. if you are just farming garrosh and guild can kill it soo easily you can do that in order to top the dmg meter maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Maldora View Post
    Flamestrike would be better

Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    Flamestrike would be better

Flamestrike is not worth using. Blizzard > Flamestrike if you must AOE outside of glyphed CoC / Frozen Orb + Lance spam. Otherwise I would focus on a priority target or go arcane if aoe is an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    Flamestrike is not worth using. Blizzard > Flamestrike if you must AOE outside of glyphed CoC / Frozen Orb + Lance spam. Otherwise I would focus on a priority target or go arcane if aoe is an issue.
    Incorrect. Flamestrike is higher DPET than blizzard. That said it has a cooldown and I use neither. Frost Bomb and spend frozen thoughts on cone of cold is all you should need to put shame to other AoE.

Deleted
    Blizzard and AE are just ridiculous for Frost. FoF IL > Blizzard till 8 targets!! FoF IL > Flamestrike till 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    So with the nerf to arcanes T15 4set I will be going frost since I passed on T16 all day and night.

Would it be better to run 4pc H T15 or run 2pc H T15 and offset items(warforged normal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Hello, I have some questions about simulationcraft. Im a new user of simc. so forgive my noob questions. I think i simulated it correct but my results not so good.

Could anyone tell me whats wrong with me ? How can my crit value is better than my hastery? and why my hit value is so high when i had 14.97 hit chance.. ?
    I thought these values are calculated for my CURRENT gear.. not for any gear.. So how is my hit value can be so high.. i dont need any more hit but it says its realy important for me. and mastery value is so low ?? should i go for haste ? i m soft capped my haste at 12600 and stacked mastery. But it seems i should go for haste..
    One more question.. when im simulating, can i change my glyph without changing it ingame ? i wanna see if unglyphed icy veins is better or not for my gear..

my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erion/advanced

And Here are the results..

http://tinypic.com/r/n5223k/5
    Last edited by shawnz; 2013-10-23 at 01:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    So with the nerf to arcanes T15 4set I will be going frost since I passed on T16 all day and night.

Would it be better to run 4pc H T15 or run 2pc H T15 and offset items(warforged normal)?
    Well, after the 20% buff to Ice Lance, T15 4p got buffed, too. This is something worth to look at in my opinion. Just try Simulationcraft to get a rough idea.

@Shawnz

We need your armory to help you.

Anything about the IV glyph bug?

Deleted
    Bug is fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    bug is fixed!
    huzzah!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    Well, after the 20% buff to Ice Lance, T15 4p got buffed, too. This is something worth to look at in my opinion. Just try Simulationcraft to get a rough idea.

@Shawnz

We need your armory to help you.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erion/advanced

here is my armory my friend