Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I can draw wicked stick figures. Think about it.
    Lol. How would you differentiate a bahmi from a dorf? stick height?

:P

anyway, I looked everywhere and couldn't find a rift sig thread. D: might start one tomorrow I guess
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

10+ Year Old Account
    I can draw wicked stick figures. Think about it.

You're on to something now.....My stick figures are top notch too.

A sig is about to be born:

A warrior with a glass of mead!

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post

hahahahaha. its not mead! its wine. Plus, you need to include a name, title,and achievement count. then it would be PERFECT!
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    hahahahaha. its not mead! its wine.

INCORRECT it is clearly a mead glass and I provide a source notice all the glasses the mobs have in hand:

INCORRECT it is clearly a mead glass and I provide a source notice all the glasses the mobs have in hand:
    can't argue with proof, my dear Azuri. can't argue with proof at all. I chuckled again seeing that drawing. lol. hall of fame material for sure.

That is the best stick figure I've ever seen!

If you haven't received an invite for BETA testing by now then you probably haven't been chosen right?

Quote Originally Posted by ChariotOfFaith View Post
    If you haven't received an invite for BETA testing by now then you probably haven't been chosen right?
    Invites have not gone out as far as I know. If you pre-ordered SL, Or got it free through the 12 month sub feature, you are guaranteed a spot. Just make sure you go to your account page on the Rift Site and confirm you want into the beta. (whether or not you pre-ordered SL, you can choose to opt in)

Weird how come I can't find in my profile where to include signature.

I will go preorder SL then - how much is it? I subbed for 6 months guess I am not automatically chosen yet.

That's a pretty good stick figure. I'll have to work on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ChariotOfFaith View Post
    Weird how come I can't find in my profile where to include signature.

I will go preorder SL then - how much is it? I subbed for 6 months guess I am not automatically chosen yet.
    There are several options to pre-oder SL, and one of them is to buy a 12 month subscription now.

Here is a link to see which retailers you can pre-order SL from and the rewards (different types of cape) each gives: http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/retailers/

I'm not sure about your 6 month sub, because frankly the Beta is "open" in that anyone can sign up and be chosen for it, but those who pre-ordered are guaranteed a spot.

There are several options to pre-oder SL, and one of them is to buy a 12 month subscription now.

Here is a link to see which retailers you can pre-order SL from and the rewards (different types of cape) each gives: http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/retailers/

I'm not sure about your 6 month sub, because frankly the Beta is "open" in that anyone can sign up and be chosen for it, but those who pre-ordered are guaranteed a spot.
    Something that I've noticed that really sucks, and I'm not trying to bash Trion here, just stating my feelings, is that it costs me the full $50 to buy SL from my preferred outlet in order to get the cape that I would prefer. There are so many more benefits to pre-ordering through Trion that it makes less sense to buy anywhere else. I would just prefer to get the cape I would rather have for the same price.

Something that I've noticed that really sucks, and I'm not trying to bash Trion here, just stating my feelings, is that it costs me the full $50 to buy SL from my preferred outlet in order to get the cape that I would prefer. There are so many more benefits to pre-ordering through Trion that it makes less sense to buy anywhere else. I would just prefer to get the cape I would rather have for the same price.
    I've seen the Cape complaint on the forums a couple of times, and I just don't get it. I mean, yeah, the other retailers' capes are cool, but what happens if/when you find a better cape in-game at level 53, or a few days later at level 60?

If the capes were a one-time thing, I could totally understand the issue, but one has to assume the REAL fancy shit comes later with dungeons, master modes, raids, and/or holiday events.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    I've seen the Cape complaint on the forums a couple of times, and I just don't get it. I mean, yeah, the other retailers' capes are cool, but what happens if/when you find a better cape in-game at level 53, or a few days later at level 60?

If the capes were a one-time thing, I could totally understand the issue, but one has to assume the REAL fancy shit comes later with dungeons, master modes, raids, and/or holiday events.
    Perhaps. But is that a guarantee? Remember, we're not talking about something you can quantify. It's about personal preference and what I find aesthetically pleasing. Will I find a cloak that I like better than the version Trion's pre-order gives me? Probably. Will I find a cloak that I like better than the version that Best Buy or Steam's pre-order gives me? Less likely. You can't use an argument based on assumption when dealing with personal preference. And, even if I DO find a cape that I find more appealing than those, what's the point of penalizing for buying elsewhere, especially when they're obviously giving these retailers exclusivity to specific capes in order to draw in players who prefer those capes?

I have created my OWN signature. BEHOLD CRETANS!

on topic. I can smell it in the air, that wonderful time of the year. Yes, thats the smell...smells like...beta I am super pumped now, and cant wait.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    can't argue with proof, my dear Azuri. can't argue with proof at all. I chuckled again seeing that drawing. lol. hall of fame material for sure.
    To move further on this, many things can be had in wine-style glasses, other than wine.

For instance, many beers are best had in snifters. (Craft, real, beers, that is.)
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Can you guys see anything if you use the search bar on beta forums?

Deleted
    Amazing awesomeness checked my e-mail just now BETA invite yay, can't start downloading yet cos on my way to work bah, I know I can't get in till Friday but I am like a giddy kid just wanting to watch the download screen

Check your emails, beta invites are going out. Currently downloading the client

EDIT: Okay, while the client is downloading I went off to read the beta forums, and while I don't want to disclose anything until I know if there is an NDA (who reads these legal blurbs, really? Should just be a big warning saying "The First Rule of Beta Club is, No Talking!"), what I can say is...

...holy shit these mage changes look awesome!
    Last edited by Tarien; 2012-10-03 at 08:09 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mail is in :-).
    Seems to be an NDA in place according the email and according a post from Elrar on official forums.
    Have the link, but getting error linking it here unfortunately