Page 17 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    then I went to Razorscale and died because of the tank debuff (5 stacks = can't move/attack/anything, which you COULD survive if you prepare for it).
    Tank the boss near dwarf NPCs. when she stuns you she *should* turn to dwarves and start attacking them instead. Also Xuen, Headless Horseman pumpkins, Mogu warrior trinkiet, brewmaster statue with taunt (like 2nd head in reliquary pre nerf) etc. should work that way. I was doing it this way at 85 with my DK. On 4 stacks pop army. On next 4 pop ghoul etc..

Though.. Razorscale is the most boring fight in the entire Ulduar and takes forever to kill..
    Last edited by DemoBytom; 2012-12-04 at 01:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    That might be silly question but how do you deal with the trash in fl? Perhaps I'm overestimating it but better safe then sorry.
    Depends on the trash. Shannox's trash horde took BM; surgers and scorpions were easy, molten lords needed xuen to offtank to drop stacks, core hounds and hell hounds call for lots of healing and cooldowns, and the naga packs need to be CCed/xuen offtanked or they'll stun/root you to death. Alysrazor's trash can be wrecked in WW. The first couple phases of Rhyolith's gauntlet is manageable, but the third one's a huge pain and you can just run around it. The trick to skip Beth's trash entirely still worked, which was fortunate since the last couple packs are nasty and otherwise unavoidable.

In short, don't take it lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Did you fly down and kill the hatchlings? Or do the old 85 tact of landing outside the fight area and kite up Rhyoliths stairs? If so what talents / ability rotation did you use to survive harsh winds?
    Just fly down and burn them as soon as they hatch. Doesn't take long, and Blackout Kick heals for six figures. You might not reach the full 25 stack, but there's more than enough time to kill her anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    The only other thing of note to mention is that in SWP, I skipped Kalecgos and killed every other boss. Was pretty fun.
    In what spec did you clear SWP? Did you switch alot between WW and BrM? A few weeks back I couldn't get past Brutallus but I think I will try it again one of these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did Black Temple, all expect 3 encounters were easily handled.

Bloodboil (Big red Orc) - Burst, You need to burn him beforethe Dot gets to high to handle. I used Fort Brew and TOK to kill him when he dropped to 500k Hp. Took another 2 minutes to heal myself up for the dots (doing 50k every 3 secs).

Reliquary of Souls : Phase 1 - Burn her but save all your cooldowns, Phase 2 go all out, I popped everything off the bat (Brews, TOK, xuen), interupt her, and Touch of death her when she gets low. WARNING TOD will do about 150k damage to you, make sure you have more than that before killing her. Phase 3, burn.

Illidari Council : IMO the hardness boss(es) to solo in BT. After 5 attempts i finally killed them by :

Set up 3 orbs on the staircase before the pull.
    Have 10 stacks of tigereye brew waiting.
    All CDs waiting
    Food buff (+500)
    Potions (+1000 for an hour) (4000 for 25 secs)
    set the priest on focus
    Have chi wave going at all times

Pre pot and pull, I started with the pally, then rogue. Popped xuen and tea, switching to the priest to stop the heal and KITE OUT OF THE AOE (Pally and mages hurt, 10000hp every 2-3 secs), pally will bubble other members with either a phyiscal or magical immune shield, hard switch to priest, keep chi wave up, if low pop TOK and heal up or use orbs. Burn hard until about 500k, pop fort brew and TOD. TOD wont kill them but reduce the HP on one of them to 1 then the game will even out the HP on all of them (about 200-250k), continue to burn hard (pot if needed), use Spinning crane kick once they get to 1 (got hit them all at once so the game wont try to even out 1 hp. odd bug).

Gratz and go kill easy mode illidan.

edit: Pally wont/cant shield himself
    Last edited by the0o; 2012-12-04 at 07:11 PM.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    Illidari Council : IMO the hardness boss(es) to solo in BT.
    Odd. I never did BT back in the day so I have no idea what the mechanics on this fight are, but I did it this week... I was Windwalker. Ran in, popped Xuen, and just mindlessly spammed damage while using Chi Wave/Expel harm a couple of times. Nothing notable happened. I was doing about 95k dps so maybe I killed them before they had a chance to do anything of note?

Deleted
    Gratz and go kill easy mode illidan.
    On my first try the Flames of Azinoth caught me off guard. They did hurt quite a bit! But now I am prepared ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    Odd. I never did BT back in the day so I have no idea what the mechanics on this fight are, but I did it this week... I was Windwalker. Ran in, popped Xuen, and just mindlessly spammed damage while using Chi Wave/Expel harm a couple of times. Nothing notable happened. I was doing about 95k dps so maybe I killed them before they had a chance to do anything of note?

Did you burn down the paladin? If you stayed on him he doesnt pop a shield and you can burst them down. The priest annoying 200k heals slowed me down but during my last attempt she only casted it once every 45-60 secs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaedius View Post
    On my first try the Flames of Azinoth caught me off guard. They did hurt quite a bit! But now I am prepared ;-)
    LOL, i believe they hit for a percent of your HP.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

In what spec did you clear SWP? Did you switch alot between WW and BrM? A few weeks back I couldn't get past Brutallus but I think I will try it again one of these days.
    WW can outburst Brutallus with enough gear. Otherwise, BM can drop him without too much trouble. Xuen + Glyph of Retreat to drop stacks after a while is useful in either case.

Deleted
    BT is easy now, did it w/o any wipe. council is easy. i use brm spec and dps items. only dpsed the priest and intreruped his heal.

Did you burn down the paladin? If you stayed on him he doesnt pop a shield and you can burst them down. The priest annoying 200k heals slowed me down but during my last attempt she only casted it once every 45-60 secs.
    I'm not certain which one I was on. Is there a mage one? I remember thinking "hey that one looks cloth, probably squishy!". Xuen was still up when they died so it took less than 45 seconds (go go Touch of Death!).

Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    I was thinking exactly the same, council for me is one of the easiest in there. Just spam RSK and SCK and interrupt the priest while healing yourself, most of the times I don't even move out of the negligible AoE damage they do.

And since the RoS change I can just cruise there as DPS and clear in no time and not have to change spec to BrM just for one encounter.

Flames hit like wet noodles as long as you stand directly between them (in the middle of the circle on the floor). If you drag one of them too far from the glaive it enrages doing 500% more dmg - which DO HURT like hell. As windwalker I'd start at the upper side of the ring, in an equal distance from the glaives and slowly move down (ensuring I'm still between glaives) to not stand in the fire.
    As Brewmaster you can stand in the fire with no problems for more vengeance.

Start the fight on whoever except for the priest. When pally casts his bubble switch to priest (he won't bubble her and you'll be able to interrupt). I usually just run in, and singletarget whoever I have in range staying as close to the healer as I can. When she starts her heal - interrupt. Burn down. Very easy as Brewmaster (I don't have Windwalker spec to try it.. Though with more dps it should be even easier).

ATM I consider no fight in BT as hard as long as you understand what's going on (reflects and deaden on reliquary etc)
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Update on my heroic soloing status after completing jade serpent hc and stormstout hc.

Still have an ongoing project in mogushan palace heroic but the mob+add boss of the 3 seems still not very doable but I do have a working tactic just the time to regain hp + shielding before the next ravage seems impossible at some point.

Gate of the setting sun heroic I have done 3 out of 4 now and still trying raigon as windwalker but I seem to be missing something there in the end and wipe around 20%.

Shado pan heroic I have done 2/4 so far but not sure yet how to perfectly handle the sha but I refuse to cheat and watch vids cause it takes away the fun :P

Last night I did 2/3 scarlet monastery heroic and the last boss is still an ongoing project.

Still need to go back to scarlet halls heroic as I gave up with lesser gear at some point on the first boss who's stacks I didnt seem to be able to drop.

Would like to hear what experiences of others are in these instances and how they approach some of the bosses I still have to do (but dont spoil too much just talents or something :P)

Bloodboil (Big red Orc) - Burst, You need to burn him beforethe Dot gets to high to handle. I used Fort Brew and TOK to kill him when he dropped to 500k Hp. Took another 2 minutes to heal myself up for the dots (doing 50k every 3 secs).
    He can be made trivial. Spec xuen and get DBM.
    Bloodboil casts Fel Rage, that greatly increases DPS, on a player that is not his main target after 45secs. So start the fight, about 5 secs before the timer for Fel Rage cast xuen. When Bloodboil disorients you - you loose all aggro for the duration and the boss will cast Fel Rage on you. After that the figth lasts for max 5-10 secs..
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by Asnerek View Post
    Would like to hear what experiences of others are in these instances and how they approach some of the bosses I still have to do (but dont spoil too much just talents or something :P)
    Sounds like you've done some good work there. This morning I did all of Scarlet Halls without a healer since he dropped, and I'm quite sure I could solo the place since it was so easy to keep myself (and everyone else) alive, while pretty much only using EH and Chi Sphere for healing. I would definitely switch to Chi Wave for any solo attempts, though.

I've done every Wrath heroic, most Cata heroics, and every Wrath raid up to ICC10 (mostly because getting another body for lootship/dreamwalker is inconvenient). I would consider my best achievements to date to be Ruby Sanctum 10 and TOGC 10, and One Light in the Darkness (using Thorim for phase 3). I think Alone in the Darkness is doable, but you can't make ANY mistakes, and after spending 2 hours trying it (as both WW and BM) I decided to just do 1light and save Alone for a later date. Most of this was done with ~480 ilvl gear, but now I'm up around 494 and I might go try some more stuff.

Some tips for soloing: Windwalker with the 2pc bonus and Glyph of Fists of Fury is FANTASTIC. ~4 seconds of 100% parry every 20 seconds is hard to overstate. Obviously use Chi Wave no matter what, and I switch between Diffuse Magic and Dampen Harm depending on the fight. I tend to prefer Diffuse Magic, in general.

Quote Originally Posted by McLockhart View Post
    For the people who are having difficulty with the Illidary Council.
    I usually pull the paladin and perform a standard dps rotation while walking backwards in a circle. Ignore the healing and just burn him down slow and steady. You'll avoid the aoe which gives you trouble and it should take you less than three minutes to kill if you've got decent gear.

Heal yourself with Chi Wave, as Charos has stated. I have very few adjectives which could describe this wonderful ability. <3

Other than that I've soloed all of Black Temple as WW. I never respec, I never use Xuen to tank for me. Just heal yourself with Expel Harm and Chi Wave whenever you lose HP.
    For reference my item level is 471.
    I really dont understand the problems people have with blood boil and council.
    Kinda easy to burn encounters for me.
    I usually just stay in all stuff on and burn the healer with heal interrupt..switch to someone lese if she gets immun ofc.

I will try to do some ds this weekend if i can find the motivation. Should be funny.

Anyone had any luck with 25-man Gluth? I tried him both WW and BM. As WW I could outdps the heals from the zombies, but he was still going down far too slow and when the healing debuff stacked up to -100% my health just slowly tricked down. As BM I couldn't outdps the heal at all, and trying to kite wasn't really doable either. 10-man is no problem; it's 25 I'm wondering about.

Rest of Naxx cleared tonight on 25, aside from Gluth and Thaddius. All fairly easy, just a couple wipes on Patchwerk (had to switch from WW to BM cuz damn, he still hits hard), and same on Razuvious, even though I got him to 20% by just bursting + FoF parry when the strike debuff was up.
    Last edited by Lissa; 2012-12-08 at 03:26 AM.

Deleted
    If you can bug out the back door by using the marmot it stops zombies following him, you can even pull trash for extra vengeance.

Just ran full BT and TK. Most the bosses in Black temple i killed in around 25-45 seconds, council took 1min 12. Illidan 2mins 30. All 1 shot in WW spec. No health pots or dps pots used. ilvl 484

Cleared MH, Gruul's Lair, TK, BT, Maggy,Kara ( up to chess ), SSC ( Beside lurker and vashj ( no fishing and cba ) solo this weekend. Also solo'd Hodir ( 10 ) earlier