Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jayishere View Post
    So, unlike sports, there is no central governing body that directly oversees these competitive guilds. And I can't bet on them either....or can I?
    Blizzard governs it, they've stepped in and taken action in past. Most notably with the LFR fiasco. As for betting, I'm really not sure, perhaps somewhere? I've never looked into it.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    A lot of people will argue the comparison of any video game to a physical sport.

see below for details.
    I disagree. Unless you are actually playing the physical sport - it is no different. Many people sit on a couch watching baseball. That is even less interaction than playing WoW.

Interest in who is best at something can be applied to anything. It is not isolated to physcial activity and prowess.

Of course, you can not say WoW is a sport. But, you can use sports as an analogy as to why people are interested in world firsts.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I disagree. Unless you are actually playing the physical sport - it is no different. Many people sit on a couch watching baseball. That is even less interaction than playing WoW.

Interest in who is best at something can be applied to anything. It is not isolated to physcial activity and prowess.

Of course, you can not say WoW is a sport. But, you can use sports as an analogy as to why people are interested in world firsts.
    Ah, this hits the nail on the head for me.
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Yes, it's called the Terms of Service and you agree to it every time there's a new content patch.
    If you didn't yet notice jayishere doesn't care about wf race and thinks you shouldn't care about it either, also you won't change his mind about it.
    "What kind of rules and regulations govern competitive raiding?" lol.

I like sports, but it's not the same as raiding...Sports are Real Life things...while raiding/and MLG are...video games, not real. At least in MLG they play for money so I can see something there.

Can you bet on raiding guilds? is there any sort of sports betting to make a little money on if the guild you like does finish top 3?
    Virtual or real it's a competition and a race. I don't need to bet or earn something with it to support it.

Deleted
    hoping for a US guild, so i dont have to listen to people saying how bad US are at raiding and making us all look like douchebags.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    If they clear all of it tonight and I was to go in there and one shot every boss the next day who would really be more skilled?

The person with all that time and wipes getting it first?

Or the person who doesnt raid until their raid time who kills it in a more optimal way?

Wowprogress' way of ranking is a joke.

Who kills it first is the best. Only argument you can do is about the ~16 hours head start for US if a guild from other region kills the last boss within those 16 hours.

P.S. Method is now 3 / 16 H
    Last edited by Sughs; 2012-10-10 at 02:28 PM.

Method 3/16 a few minutes ago.
    Ashr

I'd love to know what's blocking the path to 4/16 at this point.
    I am the lucid dream

Servers up and paragon already 3/6...
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-10 at 02:42 PM. Reason: language

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I imagine it's the same thing as watching a sporting league, it's at least very similar to me. I like knowing whose the best guild in the world for each tier, makes it exciting for the next one.
    Do you have posters on your wall of Vodka in BiS gear?

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Do you have posters on your wall of Vodka in BiS gear?
    No, why on Earth would I do that? Do you?
    I am the lucid dream

Quote Originally Posted by xlightning View Post
    Who kills it first is the best. Only argument you can do is about the ~16 hours head start for US if a guild from other region kills the last boss within those 16 hours.
    Only if everyone starts at the same time. Competitions usually dont give others an early start over other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    It wasnt an end boss of course, it was one of the bosses in Tier 11, i dont remember which. Tier 11 race was not all about only the end boss, several bosses were hard, like Ala'kir for example.
    Oh we are talking about Halfus...that was fun boss.
    In tire 11 nefarian can count as end boss(due to its difficulty level) but still you are right - there are lot many end bosses like chogal, nerf, Alakir and sinestra.

4 guilds now 3/6 HC. Method just joined

Deleted
    how can you even count Paragon? It's stupid, they're 10 man, stop fanboying them please.
    Only guild sofar that have shown GOOD progress in Envy, and they'll prolly get a good rank, even if this terd thinks Envy is Ensidia xP

Quote Originally Posted by Zerpentz View Post
    how can you even count Paragon? It's stupid, they're 10 man, stop fanboying them please.
    Only guild sofar that have shown GOOD progress in Envy, and they'll prolly get a good rank, even if this terd thinks Envy is Ensidia xP
    Vodka, Blood Legion, and Method are all showing better progress than them.

Deleted
    method #4 atm

68 guilds have killed at least 1 heroic boss now

Deleted
    Omg, between rank 59 and 102 there is only one 25 ppl team...

Gz to Method, curious to see if a 4rth kill is scored by the time i wake up from my noon nap