Deleted

Prot pala or brewmaster?

I'm stuck trying to decide between the 2 for my guilds OT role. The brewmaster is fun and has some ok ability's but the paladin feels more "safe" with the amount better amount of cooldowns.

paladin v Brewmaster?
    can you guys help me make my decision a bit easier?

the one YOU like to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    Because that will really help him choose... The guy wants to bring the best to his raid, not what looks cute at his eyes...
    A good brewmaster can equal a prot pala, but to master a brewmaster it's challanging and not as ez as a prot pala

Prot Paladins seem to be 'easier' than Brewmasters, but as you said safer. A good Brewmaster will equal a Prot Paladin, but may have to work harder for it.

But if you enjoy challenge, definitely go for Brewmaster. Ridiculous amounts of fun. They also have a lot of nifty abilities that can help out a lot in raids (Zen Meditation, Avert Harm, Transcendence, Black Ox Statue, etc.).

Paladins bring an extra raid buff though: Brewmasters can only do 5% stats, while Paladins have mastery and 5% stats.

So I dunno! Depends what you like more. Brewmasters = challenging and fun, Paladins = easier and 'safe'. Though still a lot of fun too, I enjoyed tanking on mine in the last days of Cataclysm.

Deleted
    I'd easily pick brewmaster. Only got mine at level 32 or so, but it feels vastly more fun to play than prot paladin, considering all the holes in the protadin rotation where you just stand there doing... nothing. Unless you have raid leading duties, in which case it's probably good to have holes in the rotation so you have some time over to look at what the rest of the raid is doing and shout at them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like said above.

Brewmasters are so much amounts of fun.
    I prefer him over my Pally.

I'll be tank/healing on both a Monk and Dr00d this patch. Leaving my DK and Pally to the wayside.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    cheers guys, tho the BM is more fun its a case high amount of effort for the same reward as say a prot paladin gets build into the spec. BM need to be active all the time and i do raid lead and find it tough to maintain alot of stuff so maybe prot paly or warrior. whats your thoughts to paladins compared to other tanks?

Coming from one Monk to another, I'd stick with the Pally for now. I don't see Monks (all specs) staying as they are through the upcoming content patches, but as it stands, Paladin would be the 'safer' option.

Just my 2c, I rolled Mistweaver as I really enjoy the class overall and only Tank for pugs.

I have yet to see a single log of a brewmaster "good enough" to equal a prot paladin. In terms of effectiveness, right now, there's no question - Paladin is winning.

That said, you shouldn't pick your class based on what's the "flavor of the month" right now, since that always changes rapidly. If you're having fun as a Brewmaster, then by all means stick with it - your healers may have to work a little harder and you may have to play it safer than you would with the paladin for now, but they could apply a 5.0.6 patch 2 weeks from now that will change everything.

I'm really enjoying my brewmaster, so I'd highly recommend checking it out. Just don't get your hopes up in the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by Ati View Post
    I'd easily pick brewmaster. Only got mine at level 32 or so, but it feels vastly more fun to play than prot paladin, considering all the holes in the protadin rotation where you just stand there doing... nothing. Unless you have raid leading duties, in which case it's probably good to have holes in the rotation so you have some time over to look at what the rest of the raid is doing and shout at them.
    I don't find I have any holes that I can't do something useful in...

I think you should also take in to account the available gear, if the MT is a warrior and/or you have a lot of plate DPS then your pally OT might be hard to gear.
    Where as if you have very few druids/rogues the Brewmaster will have more opportunity to pick up gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    This is what it comes down to. You have to play the character, so you have to enjoy it. You'll just have to play both and decide for yourself.

Closing.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!