Author Marilyn Vos Savant has a verified IQ of 186
    Actor James Woods is alleged to have an IQ of 180
    Politician John H. Sununu is alleged to have an IQ of 180
    Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is alleged to have an IQ of 180
    Mathematician Andrew Wiles is alleged to have an IQ of 170
    World Chess Champion Judith Polgar is alleged to have an IQ of 170
    Chess Grandmaster Robert Byrne is alleged to have an IQ of 170
    World Chess Champion Bobby Fischer is alleged to have an IQ of 167
    Mathematician / Physicist Stephen W. Hawking is alleged to have an IQ of over 160
    Microsoft Founder Paul Allen is alleged to have an IQ of over 160
    Actress Sharon Stone is alleged to have an IQ of 154

Deleted
    Be proud if your iq isn't that high, people with high iq's have a hard time communicating with others.

The last time I did an IQ test was almost 10 years ago, I was at Uni then. 134 iirc, but I have no doubt it has decreased by more than half by now.
    Ours not to make reply. Ours not to reason why. Ours but to do and die!

Deleted
    I did one back in eight grade (age 14, I believe), and scored somewhere between 145-150, I can't exactly remember.

I don't have any problems socializing or cleaning, etc. however, so it's probably on the lower scale, if what you people say about high IQ is true.
    Last edited by mmoc522dc42c8a; 2012-10-10 at 12:52 PM.

IQ of 130+ = superior intelligence. only 2,1% of the people have this. Yet every-one on MMO says the have 130-145. Stop lie

My high school had an IQ test for entry, which required at least 117 if I remember correctly. I got straight in with no waiting lines so I know I'm atleast that...?
    Raaaa!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortezu View Post
    The last time I did an IQ test was almost 10 years ago, I was at Uni then. 134 iirc, but I have no doubt it has decreased by more than half by now.
    Yes, I'm sure you went from the 98.8th percentile to the 1.39th percentile. You were in fact a Mensa member, but are now functionally retarded.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    And yet I'm expected to believe that almost everyone in this thread is Mensa material, or close to?

Please.
    You don't consider that this type of thread attracts those that feel a desire to share their IQ? Some people may want the attention it gives.

That, and then there's people who want to read the threads to see if they can figure out who lies.

Deleted
    ITT: every1 has an IQ of over 130. It's the internet, and we never lie about ourselves here.

Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    Yes, I'm sure you went from the 98.8th percentile to the 1.39th percentile. You were in fact a Mensa member, but are now functionally retarded.
    Well I was joking about the decreased by half thing but I wouldn't be surprised if it's decreased a lot by now (alcohol, drugs, unemployment, LoL) . Besides, I wouldn't put much value on ones IQ, the type of test, the time it takes place, and many more variables affect it.
    Ours not to make reply. Ours not to reason why. Ours but to do and die!

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    I don't have any problems socializing or cleaning, etc. however, so it's probably on the lower scale, if what you people say about high IQ is true.
    I would expect that you have a high latent inhibition, which ties in with mental health on the topic of intelligence (or the human brain, since everyone has intelligence, just various degrees of it). Don't worry, it usually decays with age.

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglees View Post
    My high school had an IQ test for entry, which required at least 117 if I remember correctly. I got straight in with no waiting lines so I know I'm atleast that...?
    When I read this, Forrest Gump crossed my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Does any one know if the time on the mensa online tests affects the score? I know its not a "real" IQ tests but it seems to be much better than those shitty ones like iqtest.com. I scored 126 because I was frustrated with the last 5 questions but I had 19 minutes remaining.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    I would expect that you have a high latent inhibition, which ties in with mental health on the topic of intelligence (or the human brain, since everyone has intelligence, just various degrees of it). Don't worry, it usually decays with age.
    Wow, thanks. That explained it right up and made me feel so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Does any one know if the time on the mensa online tests affects the score? I know its not a "real" IQ tests but it seems to be much better than those shitty ones like iqtest.com. I scored 126 because I was frustrated with the last 5 questions but I had 19 minutes remaining.
    Easy to test. Write down your answers, note the IQ result, and then do them again in a minute and see if it affects it. I don't think it does though, I think they allotted enough time where doing it faster don't impact the result as much as if you'd do it slower (sort of a sweet spot). Or to prevent cheating. But I could be wrong.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 03:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Wow, thanks. That explained it right up and made me feel so good.
    Anytime! And then they say that ignorance is bliss. Pfft.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    I suppose 200+ IQ is possible theoretically, but on a probabilistic level it's about 1 in a billion chance.
    Hmmm, 1 in a billion? So, probabilistically, ~7 on the planet atm then? Strange than that you seem to have issue with his claim there is 1.

Deleted
    my mom had me tested cpl of years ago when I was like 16. It was around 158-162. But IQ doesn't actually mean that the person has insane grades or anything. It means you have the potential, but u still have to "use" it by learning stuff and so on. I've never actually had any problems getting good grades and so on, but it really differs from person to person and especially from their talents. Some ppl who are working as a professor at a university are "considered" more intelligent than builders or something, but builders who are intelligent are probably not so easily recognized and stuff. Idk, am brabbling again. Have a nice day guys

IQ test doesn't work for me because it all involve color and I'm color blinded so last time I attempted one I had 24 IQ

Quote Originally Posted by Hevlex View Post
    The Highest IQs On Record
    People Still Alive
    Physicist / Engineer Kim Ung-yong has a verified IQ of 210
    Bouncer Christopher Michael Langan has a verified IQ of 195
    Engineer Philip Emeagwali is alleged to have an IQ of 190
    World Chess Champion Garry Kasparov is alleged to have an IQ of 190
    Author Marilyn Vos Savant has a verified IQ of 186
    Actor James Woods is alleged to have an IQ of 180
    Politician John H. Sununu is alleged to have an IQ of 180
    Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is alleged to have an IQ of 180
    Mathematician Andrew Wiles is alleged to have an IQ of 170
    World Chess Champion Judith Polgar is alleged to have an IQ of 170
    Chess Grandmaster Robert Byrne is alleged to have an IQ of 170
    World Chess Champion Bobby Fischer is alleged to have an IQ of 167
    Mathematician / Physicist Stephen W. Hawking is alleged to have an IQ of over 160
    Microsoft Founder Paul Allen is alleged to have an IQ of over 160
    Actress Sharon Stone is alleged to have an IQ of 154
    Thats a VERY inacurate list. Its missing tons of people and only lists celebs. Its not like every celeb is a genius. The Mensa is full of people with IQs over 150, however their list is not public for a good reason.

~100 says my iphone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    And yet I'm expected to believe that almost everyone in this thread is Mensa material, or close to?

Please.
    Consider that those who have low IQs are too embarrassed to post them. Here you get 1) braggers or 2) liars.