Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I feel soo sad that there is nothing good incoming over the next a few years My last resort is gonna be trying MechWarrior Online during open beta and that's it, I am done with mmo's After 8 years Huge switch in life. Some girls I knew/know would say "don't give up, u enjoyed it!" but they are also older and older and all of them say "finally!" heh. Fucking aging, I am seriously migrating back to single player.

I miss the times when I was playing Project Entropia, later WAR and WoW like crazy, also first few crazy months of discovering LoL. Aww. <cries> I was even addicted for some time. Every day when I wasn't playing, I was thinking what I am gonna do next etc. That's crazy.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-10-11 at 03:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    I feel soo sad that there is nothing good incoming over the next a few years My last resorst is gonna be trying an MechWarrior Online during open beta and that's it, I am done with mmo's After 8 years Huge switch in life. Some girls I knew/know would say "don't give up, u enjoyed it!" but they are also older and older and all of them say "finally!" heh. Fucking aging.
    Meh... Like Krellan Commander, TIE Fighter, Panzer General, and a few others, early WoW will always have a special place in my memory. While some mumorpugers have come close for short stretches, none have rivalled its longevity. A bunch of developers and investors chasing that hundred million a month dream have flooded the market with their own versions... But they either didn't "get it" or, maybe, just thought " if you build it, he will come."

MMORPG's are still just games and like other genres, they can lose their luster.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Titan possibly.

Who knows what else is in the works, but I'll say this: I'm tired of the standard MMORPG model made popular by WoW (let's hope some dev. takes notice).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I'm excited about WorldAlpha. Then again I'm developing it! Other than that, I'm intrigued what Elder Scrolls Online might be like, having enjoyed Skyrim and Oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    So I think everyone agrees that Elder Scrolls Online is going to fizzle?
    Well, the collective response to the game so far from media and a lot of fans (not all fans though) has been a resounding, "meh". Honestly, from what they've shown (and their pathetic E3 CGI trailer...they had a chance to hit it out of the park but released one of the the most bland and boring trailer I've ever seen in my life) it doesn't look too exciting.

That and they put their foot in their mouths more than a few times. Not to mention they are likely working on it as a subscription based game currently so they either launch with the traditional format and have to make a transition later (unless they do something to blow everyone's damn minds), or they have to retool the game and start looking at it from a F2P/microtransaction perspective.

I can't say I've been excited for anything they've announced for the game so far, and it seems more like a generic fantasy game than a TES game, which is a damn shame. Would be awesome to get a good, big budget non-space (EVE) sandbox MMO, especially one with such a great history like TES. But it doesn't look like we'll be getting that sadly : (

Quote Originally Posted by Zakamutt View Post
    Would there be two factions in pvp, "record companies" and "artists" ?
    "One likes to believe in the freedom of music,
    But glittering prizes and endless compromises
    Shatter the illusion of integrity."

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of MoP, its interesting for me to hear how many people say they are bored or unhappy with it...but continue to play it every day. Again, I use the "addict" term very loosely.
    Not every day, but, for me and several of my friends, it's more about obligation — people depending on you to login to complete their events with them, people you like and don't want to let down even though honestly you're really quite sick of it.

On reflection, is it somewhat twisted that some types of gaming have turned into a responsibility rather than a hobby? Gosh, idk. =/

I admit that I'm having trouble looking forward to anything in the genre any more (GW2 has been good popcorn fun, though). Mostly because, all I can think about is what a huge job it's inevitably going to turn into. I think WoW has left me permanently traumatized about cooperative gaming. Or, maybe I just need to stop feeling so guilty about disappointing other people. :p

I don't think there are going to be very many big mmorpgs come out nowadays. What you will see are more niche mmos that are specific to one thing, such as World of Tanks.

Speaking of MoP, its interesting for me to hear how many people say they are bored or unhappy with it...but continue to play it every day. Again, I use the "addict" term very loosely.
    I was bored of it after two days but I didn't keep on playing it. I just moved on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    The next big MMORPG, B2P or P2P, I expect will be Wildstar. Off hand it looks familiar enough to the WoW crowd that it will probably breed lots and lots of hype.
    100% wow clones dont work.

So I think everyone agrees that Elder Scrolls Online is going to fizzle?
    Everything is going to wither and die.

Like all life

/gothhairflip

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 05:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post

I was bored of it after two days but I didn't keep on playing it. I just moved on.
    Did you get a refund?

I remember with D3 I had 30 days to get one.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post

Did you get a refund?
    Yes I did, so props to blizzard for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post
    Good thing it's not a WoW clone. If you bothered to look into it for a few minutes you'd know that.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Good thing it's not a WoW clone. If you bothered to look into it for a few minutes you'd know that.
    All video games are a WoW clone.

Didn't you here?

Even pre-WoW games have retroactively become WoW clones.

But seriously... Some people honestly think that all video games are WoW clones.

Once I had someone tell me that Lotro "stole orcs from WoW".

10+ Year Old Account
    The best is when you hear that Warhammer stole their art style from WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I don't think of it as a "clone," from what I've seen so far... I should note that I didn't say "stay big" like WoW did. I mean big as in launch, not longevity. I'll probably prepurchase WS, if its an option. However, I think the most hype will come from it looking familiar enough to WoW that the masses will mentally picture migrating over more easily. For me, at least, there seems to be a certain "lightheartedness" to its looks that remind me a lot of early WoW.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

They had to be facetious with that comment. There is no way someone can be serious saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    They had to be facetious with that comment. There is no way someone can be serious saying that.
    Nope!

They had never read lord of the rings or the hobbit. Didn't even know about Tolken.

When I was a kid they MADE you read those books. And we loved it.

Nowadays kids don't read books.

They read rappers twitters and the kardashian blogs.

Nope!

They had never read lord of the rings or the hobbit. Didn't even know about Tolken.

When I was a kid they MADE you read those books. And we loved it.

Nowadays kids don't read books.

They read rappers twitters and the kardashian blogs.
    That's an offtopic, but do you mean plebs? 80% of the community? Because those who are from normal, well-mannered families and have brains, will still stick to some old methods and will take what's written on blogs, twitter and overall over the internet with a grain of salt. All ppl I know here in my country, yes, they read twitters, blogs etc, but they know what is wise and truth and what is stupid and utter shit, they don't follow celebrities at all, we just sometimes joke over stupid stories about them and that's all. We read normal, valuable blogs about cosmetics, health, technology etc. I dunno, maybe in the West, ppl are more corrupted by the media and they can't think by themselves. That's why I would rather stay here in my country than move to the West. I am scared of stupidity and I know only one remedy: annihilate them, because am I tired of explaining the same thing over and over to corrupted stupid ppl.

And about Wildstar: surely there wil be a big group of players migrating there mainly because of the WoW's graphic just being too old and even if u still like playing WoW, sooner or later stagnation itself will finally rise and say "WE NEED NEW GRAPHIC! WE NEED NEW WORLDS!".
    Like I said in Wildstar's thread, it has nice taste, one surelly can chill and calm there and enjoy the content. If they do the crafting right (not like GW2 did....) I will try it. I just wanna be on of the few crafters who do their own stuff and only they have an rare reciept for smth so they are recognized for it, they are brand by itself. Just like in WoW on my medium size realm, I was one of the 3 Leatherworkers with all the receipts, earning alot of gold. I just logged in and ppl were whispering me So far, only WoW, Entropia Universe and WAR allowed me to become such a crafter D3, Rift, Tera, TOR and GW2 failed hard.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-10-11 at 06:17 PM.

Deleted
    All video games are a WoW clone.

Didn't you here?

Even pre-WoW games have retroactively become WoW clones.

But seriously... Some people honestly think that all video games are WoW clones.

Has nothing to do with all-games, just talking about wildstar.
    Same way SWTOR is a wow clone or the same way wow is an Everquest clone just that since everquest a lot of ideas and people have played themselves out.

Has nothing to do with all-games, just talking about wildstar.
    Same way SWTOR is a wow clone or the same way wow is an Everquest clone just that since everquest a lot of ideas and people have played themselves out.
    Except that if you bothered to check into WildStar you'd see that it actually does quite a bit to separate itself from the traditional EQ/WoW format (including offering 4 distinct leveling paths that emphasize different area's of play). It's going to do everything different, but they've gone in their own direction enough to distinguish themselves well enough. At least to people who bother to spend about 5 minutes checking out news about it.