Help with authenticator

I haven't played in a month or so, also had to recently factory restore my android phone. I went to log on and every time I tried to log on it would get denied because of the authenticator code being wrong. I have re-synched multiple times and also did a restore on the app, still no luck. Anyone run into the same issue?

Deleted
    Call the support-hotline, tell them your problem. Have informations prepared to prove them, that you are the owner of the account and they will fix the authenticator.
    As far as I understand Authenticators: Your account is bound to a Serial-Number. This Number is unique and is used to calculate the code. As it is not allowed for Handy-Software to read the serial number of the phone, the Blizzard Software has to generate the number its own.
    when you Factory Reset your Phone and reinstalled the Authenticator, the Serial Number of the App is different from the one at you account, therefor the code you enter on login is not matching that one, for your account.
    The Support will add the new serial number to your account, as long as you can prove, that the account is yours.

Turn off authentication at Battle.net, then delete the app, then start from scratch. Turning off authentication without an authenticator is kind of a pain, but not too terrible.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Turn off authentication at Battle.net, then delete the app, then start from scratch. Turning off authentication without an authenticator is kind of a pain, but not too terrible.
    This. I had the same issue and you need to remove the authenticator from your battle.net account and redo the whole procedure of adding an authenticator like it is the first time.

Ok, so it wants me to send a picture of my id....I have the foggiest idea how to do it, help please lol. This is what it says "acceptable formats are BMP, JPG, PNG and GIF"

Take a picture of it with your phone. Whatever format your phone uses will almost undoubtedly be a supported format. I don't have an Android, so I don't know the exact process... But I'd say that it shouldn't be too hard to email yourself the picture and then, from your computer, submit the photo as required.

If you do end up needing to change the format, it can be done by using the "Save As" option of MS Paint. In the unlikely scenario that you end up having to do this and can't figure out how, come back and we can give you more detailed instructions.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-10-15 at 07:26 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Sounds simple enough, thank you.

Deleted
    had the same issue.
    what happens is unless you make a note of the number that is given to you during the setup of the mobile app version of the authenticator, you have no way of resyncing to the same codes that are used as when you first installed it.

There is Absolutly no way round this as the end user. your only option is to contact customer service and explain the situation. I had to send a scan of my Birth Certificate (being in the UK we are not required to have photo id by law) and the CS rep unlocked the account for me within a few moments.