Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sweeping nerfs for DPS warriors across the board?

Or just tooltip fixes? Check the PTR notes, front page. All of our abilities took a nerf. Strange, considering DPS warriors were nowhere near top of the charts.

I'll take a wild guess and say PvP balance raping us in PvE as always.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... at least in the groups I have been in, I have been beating people by a considerable margin, and yes warrs are more than a bit ridiculous from the PvP I have done so far. These nerfs are completely justified in my eyes and maybe even welcome.

However, the real problem to me is stacking Avatar, Recklessness, Warbanner and any trinkets/eng glove tinkers you have for ridiculous burst. I'd expect them to nerf CD stacking just like they did in Cata for Recklesness and Deadly Calm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Not entirely sure. Some of them were certainly already implanted like the rb nerf - not so sure on others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    ... at least in the groups I have been in, I have been beating people by a considerable margin, and yes warrs are more than a bit ridiculous from the PvP I have done so far. These nerfs are completely justified in my eyes and maybe even welcome.
    Are you referring to dungeons and pugs ? Otherwise I do not see the slightest proof for overperformance in pve yet.

However, the real problem to me is stacking Avatar, Recklessness, Warbanner and any trinkets/eng glove tinkers you have for ridiculous burst. I'd expect them to nerf CD stacking just like they did in Cata for Recklesness and Deadly Calm.
    hey why don't you stfu - I like bursting at over 150k as a warrior. It's about time we have burst and aren't completely reliant on continuity

its just a tool tip update the nerf to warriors came before mop but still not enjoying the fact that we got great burst but not that much sustain like other classes

Quote Originally Posted by Besame View Post
    its just a tool tip update the nerf to warriors came before mop but still not enjoying the fact that we got great burst but not that much sustain like other classes
    sustainable dps will come with gear I've noticed

... at least in the groups I have been in, I have been beating people by a considerable margin
    Raiders spank casuals in 5-mans due to gear. This happens with every class.

I'm the best geared warrior on my server, but still, DKs, Aff Locks, and BM Hunters crush me on most fights. Third boss in vaults is the only one where warriors have an advantage.

...unless we're talking about Protection. I mean, the tank is supposed to dominate melee DPS specs in every fight right? *rolls eyes*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Likasombodee View Post
    hey why don't you stfu - I like bursting at over 150k as a warrior. It's about time we have burst and aren't completely reliant on continuity
    Bursting someone with 5 stacks in a random bg isn't the same as being peeled/cc'd half of the time in a 3on3 and can't get your slaugher stacks above 2-3.

If that's about pvp burst why didn't they do something about hunter burst with stampede (globaling people!) or heart of the wild non-feral bursts allowing healer to deal 200k+ damage in a white swing + fb crit on full resil targets? Doesn't make sense to me.

wtf ? a warlock in my guild does twice my damage with same gear level. i pull around 60k constant and he stays on 110k ish.

I understand a nerf to burst but a nerf to our overall damage is just stupid.
    Bane

I believe all of these changes were already from a hotfix, this was a tooltip update.

Edit:

Yep, all tooltip updates (maybe the odd actual nerf in there but not sure)

Sept 28th Hot Fix

Warrior
    Wild Strike damage has been increased by 18%.
    Execute damage has been decreased by 7%.
    Mortal Strike damage has been increased by 5%.

Sept 20th Hotfix

Warrior
    Mortal Strike now does 165% weapon damage (down from 185%).
    Overpower now does 105% weapon damage (down from 120%)
    Slam now does 190% weapon damage (down from 215%).
    Raging Blow now does 190% weapon damage (down from 215%),
    Bloodthirst now does 90% weapon damage (down from 100%).
    Wild Strike now does 195% weapon damage (down from 220%).

Don't get your panties in a bunch people.
    Last edited by Synche; 2012-10-11 at 07:21 PM.

its for pvp balance. considering the absurd state of warriors in pvp atm, these "nerfs" are more like getting your hands slapped by a silky smooth feather fan. i totally expect the wooden nerfbat to come out in the near future.

Deleted
    Also, mages got some buffs. BUFFS!!!

LMFAO.

They need a lot more nerfs to even be close to not ridiculously overpowered in PvP. Atm they have too good damage, mobility, defensives, CCs and heals at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    They need a lot more nerfs to even be close to not ridiculously overpowered in PvP. Atm they have too good damage, mobility, defensives, CCs and heals at the same time.
    God forbid warriors are actually viable again. Learn how to counter a warrior , we are not the PVP gods you seem to think we are.

These are all tooltip fixes for the most part. Further nerfs should come soon enough (looking at second wind in particular out of everything).

But then again, who couldn't see this 'complaining' coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Also, mages got some buffs. BUFFS!!!

LMFAO.
    mommy and daddy loves you all equally.

we just love the little mage more equally. now get back in the cellar or it gets the hose again.
    Last edited by rnbwtrout; 2012-10-11 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Likasombodee View Post
    This post makes you look like a fotm crybaby. You should be happy/strive to have continuous damage and not be utterly reliant on a burst window. Look at ret paladins for the last few seasons. Completely reliant on a single window of burst and useless otherwise. Good pvp'ers want all classes to have continuous damage where skill becomes a greater factor and not have the bursty shit that warriors and (to a worse degree) Hunters have. You shouldn't be able/need to line up 5 damage cd's all together to try and burst someone for their healthpool in 3 seconds. You guys actually gained a good bit more control this xpac than you've ever had and if they bring your damage in line to be less burst warrior would be a great class overall for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by dwbrown7680 View Post
    This post makes you look like a fotm crybaby. You should be happy/strive to have continuous damage and not be utterly reliant on a burst window. Look at ret paladins for the last few seasons. Completely reliant on a single window of burst and useless otherwise. Good pvp'ers want all classes to have continuous damage where skill becomes a greater factor and not have the bursty shit that warriors and (to a worse degree) Hunters have. You shouldn't be able/need to line up 5 damage cd's all together to try and burst someone for their healthpool in 3 seconds. You guys actually gained a good bit more control this xpac than you've ever had and if they bring your damage in line to be less burst warrior would be a great class overall for pvp.
    hey brah umad i use 10 cd's in the same global?

ya umad cry more bish

Infracted. Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-11 at 09:02 PM.