Thread: key binding

key binding

hello so just had a simple ? hoping for some good feedback/advice. so yesterday i was asked to start key binding i've did it on a small scale in D3 thats about all though now i'm a blood DK in a semi hardcore guild an everyone else keybinds an im getting somewhat comfortable with it. but not quite there yet an while im doing my daily questing it just bothers me so much. i feel forced into playing it i've heard so much about how binding will truly make you a better player i realize that but i've also talked to people who have said that they have met some of the best dps tanks and heals who are purely clickers so im asking 2 things any way to get better at binding besides just pratice i mainly use 1-5 e,r,f,c,z,q and then shift 1-5 and also shift q,w,e,r,a,s,d and is binding truly better than clicking i hear alot about people saying muscle memory with binding dont you kinda develop that same muscle memory a bit with the mouse and i've heard people say well with clicking you are more liable to mis click something well you are just as liable to do the same thing key binding just need some thoughts on this subject thx alot guys

You can be an amazing player with clicking, it's just that keybinding will make you that bit better. Some pros & cons for binding;

Pros:
    You can hit multiple abilities at the same time (usually off-GCD ones such as interrupts)
    You can move with your mouse as it will be free, which is extremely quicker than keyboard turning.
    You will hit a bind faster than you can click it.
    You won't miss them or hit the wrong ability (assuming you know your keyboard).
    You don't have to look at your actionbars/keyboard like you would with clicking.

Cons:
    You can't scratch your b...legs. Well, you can if you use a Naga or similar multi-button mice(mouses? Sleepy..)
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-10-10 at 10:34 PM.

You have met some exceptional players that click. I would also wager that you've met even more players that are as good or better than them that key bind. The only reason people mention good players that click is because they're an anomaly, and would almost certainly become better players if they didn't click.