Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Rumors of Atiesh on the BMAH?

Doing RBGs the other day, heard in Skype that on one guy's server, Atiesh was on the BMAH. Bidding got up to 750k apparently. Never caught the name of the server. I don't know if this is true or not, has anyone else heard about this? (US server)

Want to remove a million gold from the in game economy of any over inflated server?

Put Atiesh on the BMAH.

Won't surprise me one bit to see it up there. I'd like to see something other than vanity pets you can buy for 4-5k gold on the regular AH up for 10k on the BMAH.

That would be insanely retarded. But since Blizzard wants to keep the entitled 15 year olds happy it wouldn't surprise me. The BMAH pisses me off so much. Everyone with awesome oldschool items will lose 'prestige' because now it could be bought of that dumbass BMAH.

the RMAH only throws old T3 items on. Never any "old school" item that wasnt part of one of the sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    That would be insanely retarded. But since Blizzard wants to keep the entitled 15 year olds happy it wouldn't surprise me. The BMAH pisses me off so much. Everyone with awesome oldschool items will lose 'prestige' because now it could be bought of that dumbass BMAH.
    I'm glad you put prestige in quotes to make it look sarcastic, saves me from having to do it.

No one cares that you ran Naxx at level 70 with 10 people and got a bunch of gear that was later removed. People spending a million gold to buy Corrupted Ashbringer will help the insanely over inflated economies on some servers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    No one cares that you ran Naxx at level 70 with 10 people and got a bunch of gear that was later removed. People spending a million gold to buy Corrupted Ashbringer will help the insanely over inflated economies on some servers.
    This. Although on my server the T3 isn't the hot bidded items... it's the heroic level gear that gets up into the multi hundreds of thousands. People still seem to be buying the T3 up for in the tens of thousands, which is really good for the economy since it's so hyper inflated right now. Lower level mats going for upwards of 20g each is starting to get a little ridic... I mean it does make it easy to make money for low levels, but hard to level any trade skills.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

You can't even transmog legendaries, so not sure what the point would be. If it pulls a ton of gold out of a server's economy, that's not a bad thing, though!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    How to completely alienate your dedicated old playerbase in 1 swift movement, I doubt they would do that. I dont even have Atiesh and I would hate to see it up for sale...
    There are very few Atiesh out there that were acquired "legitimately". Something along the lines of < 1000. All the rest were made at 70 when the instance was irrelevant and easy. Acquiring Atiesh at 70 is no better than being able to buy it.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    My goodness, if Atiesh was on the bmah, I would be pissed I gave away all my gold a few months ago to start from scratch again...

10+ Year Old Account
    Completely irrelevant if it is. It's a horrible model. You can't transmog. Is it cool to have? Of course, but it's not worth crying about at all.

The vast majority of Atieshs were obtained at level 70 anyways. The same goes for Tier 3. It's harder to make a million gold than to storm through a raid from a previous expansion and farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you make sure a gold sink is successful? Offer incentive. What's the most-often asked for stuff in game? Naxx40 gear and Atiesh. So, how do you pull tons of gold out of the server economy while making players who can afford the stuff happy? Put t3 and Atiesh up on the BMAH.

Also, old-school items never had prestige outside the raid community. When I started playing, my only thought on seeing someone in t2 afking on their horse in Ironforge was 'Cool stuff.' before moving on about my day. Nobody I know ever fangirled over a raider "AFK" in a city (who's actually just fishing for whispers gushing over how cool they are) back then.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Just think of all the money I could make porting people to Karazhan!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    How to completely alienate your dedicated old playerbase in 1 swift movement, I doubt they would do that. I dont even have Atiesh and I would hate to see it up for sale...
    I really don't see how people buying Atiesh is that much worse than everyone solo-farming old legendaries now.

Not as bad as hearing the story that the Black Qiraji Battle tank was up there.
    Spends time to get scepter. Needs a million gold to get earned mount off the BMAH. BRILLIANT!!! X'D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    You can't even transmog legendaries, so not sure what the point would be. If it pulls a ton of gold out of a server's economy, that's not a bad thing, though!
    they are planning to allow legendary transmog...read from a blue post so thats pretty much confirmed. Get ready for a lot of sulfurwindseekatieshazzinothshadowmourne Epicness

If that were true I would grind the goldcap like there was no tomorrow and buy that in a heartbeat. Atiesh is my one most coveted item in the entire game, I'd gladly trade my Dragonwrath, Sulfuras's, Thunderfury's, Shadowmourne, all my gold, all my rare mounts and my leg for it.

It's such a shame that I was never able to get it before WotLk came out.

I even have Atiesh and could care less if it's up on the BMAH. Why do you people care so much about old shit that doesn't matter?
    Bleh

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Doing RBGs the other day, heard in Skype that on one guy's server, Atiesh was on the BMAH. Bidding got up to 750k apparently. Never caught the name of the server. I don't know if this is true or not, has anyone else heard about this? (US server)
    I'm calling BS. If atiesh was found on the BMAH on any server we would have seen posts on mmo-champion and the official forums screaming about it. The fact you heard this from a random guy who was on skype seems to be pretty weak. Ill believe it when I see concrete proof.

10+ Year Old Account
    You might possibly be able to still obtain the Feat of Strength by equipping it.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset