The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    The original kickstarter certainly wasn't for a game for the scope they are doing now and anyone claiming it was is lying to themselves.

I think if anyone is lying to themselves it's you. I think the only thing that added that wasn't planned from the start is the fps part. otherwise everything else has been planned from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I think if anyone is lying to themselves it's you. I think the only thing that added that wasn't planned from the start is the fps part. otherwise everything else has been planned from the beginning.
    Which is why they ran year+ long campaign on their own website to keep adding shit as new level of reward after the Kickstarter

I hope you really aren't as dense as you make yourself out to be right now.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Which is why they ran year+ long campaign on their own website to keep adding shit as new level of reward after the Kickstarter

I hope you really aren't as dense as you make yourself out to be right now.

You mean the new ships they have been adding? What about adding new ships changes what the game is about?

You mean the new ships they have been adding? What about adding new ships changes what the game is about?
    You should go back, read through the original stretchgoals and then come back.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I knew what I was backing. This stopped being that ages ago. If you honestly believe anything good comes out of this with the way they handle developement, you're delusional at best.*

*The flight model is good, but that won't carry entire game as is.
    you have no clue on what you are talking about, the game is still going to be what it was originally combined with other things that the community wants, this game will have everything that a space MMO should be and more, have you not even looked at the latest game demo they done at gamescon, fairly soon arena commander 2.0 will be ready which will include the larger ships, also the fps module is close to being ready for testing, once all the basics are in testing mode then im sure the development of the PU can be properly underway and thats no small task, the scale of each solar system is no easy or fast task.

If your not going to even try the game anyway now then you should just stick to WoW and let us real gamers enjoy what star citizen will develop into.

Every stretch goal they are either still working on it or have delivered it plus interest.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2015-08-09 at 12:09 AM.

I like how all responses after lines of verbal diarrhea equates into "stick with WoW"

Despite their developmental crossover, for all intents and purposes Squadron 42 and Star Citizen are two separate games. The latter just builds on the former with a persistent universe. You're still going to get the game detailed through Kickstarter in SQ42. The features being developed for the PU are also necessary for SQ42 though, such as multicrew as well as the First Person/Third Person animation continuity, the zones system, as well as the minute details for landing/take off and fast travel etc.

SQ42 isn't being hindered or neglected by the enhanced scope of SC, if anything it is benefiting directly from it and rightfully so. As the scope has expanded so has the team developing it, significantly.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I like how all responses after lines of verbal diarrhea equates into "stick with WoW"
    to what relevant information are you referring too, the only verbal diarrhea is coming from your posts that have no facts to prove anything you have stated, you have not even stated one item on the original kickstater that they have or will not deliver on, while a few minor thing may change from the original plan, backers will receive something of equal value if something was to be left out of which all seems to be fine as i can see.

So why don't you enlighten all of us on what changed for you to not want the game anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should go back, read through the original stretchgoals and then come back.

I did. 99% of goals are systems of ships.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not bashing the game, in fact I hope its going to turn out to be a half decent space sim in the end.

That however, does not mean I lack rational thinking, the original kickstarter was up to 2 million and then funding kept growing and still is to this day on their own site, aside from the ever increasing number of stretch goals and features being added and announced. I can't say that the scope hasn't changed with a straight face since the kickstarter and now having access to 86(?) millions instead of 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I am not bashing the game, in fact I hope its going to turn out to be a half decent space sim in the end.

That however, does not mean I lack rational thinking, the original kickstarter was up to 2 million and then funding kept growing and still is to this day on their own site, aside from the ever increasing number of stretch goals and features being added and announced. I can't say that the scope hasn't changed with a straight face since the kickstarter and now having access to 86(?) millions instead of 2.

So what changed then. Besides ships and systems what is being added to this game that wasn't included in the original design?

10+ Year Old Account
    So what changed then. Besides ships and systems what is being added to this game that wasn't included in the original design?
    His attitude, apparently.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    If they are open why do they have no transparency on how they are spending the money.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freelancer_(video_game)

should read up on that. It seems to be the same path this game is following.
    Roberts wasn't the one who made the decision to release an unfinished game...

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    Roberts wasn't the one who made the decision to release an unfinished game...
    Yet he did the same thing hes doing here, kept adding unrealistic goals and as a result pushing the date further and further back to the point that MS got tired of that shit and bought the game and published it. Mind you this was before the average game dev life of 5 years.

Yet he did the same thing hes doing here, kept adding unrealistic goals and as a result pushing the date further and further back to the point that MS got tired of that shit and bought the game and published it. Mind you this was before the average game dev life of 5 years.
    Change the channel already. Same shit from you for well over a year. We get it.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Have you had actual game development experience?

I thought not.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    Have you had actual game development experience?

I thought not.
    2 years in digipen institute https://www.digipen.edu/

and i was 3d modeling and skinning and scripting before i was 14. So yes i do.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's like my cousin being an actual doctor because she's done 2 years at university...

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    That's like my cousin being an actual doctor because she's done 2 years at university...
    yeh because being a MD vs knowing how game design works, man thats a comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not against any of these things, but many of these listed stretch goals are fairly resource intensive things that was presented after the original funding campaign ended.

-Arena mode
    -Salvage Mechanic
    -Facial Capture System.
    -Cloud Imperium Games will build their own mocap studio.
    -Enhanced Mission Design for Squadron 42
    -Procedural Generation R&D Team
    -Alien Languages
    -More Detailed AI Activities
    -Enhanced Ship Modularity
    -Enhanced Capital Ship Systems
    -Command and Control Center
    -The Hangar Module will feature Oculus Rift support.
    -Manage Space Stations

That is also ignoring what having the dev budget of an AAA game instead of an indie developer does to the amount of possible complexity and fidelity rather than just a promised "maybe". I am not against any of these things but it would be a lie to say the amount of depth, complexity and fidelity hasn't grown somewhat since the kickstarter.
    Last edited by zealo; 2015-08-09 at 11:42 AM.