People always focus on the bigger packages, but the fact of the matter is you can get in with $40 (or was it $35?) which gives you everything to start playing the game, both the expanded PU as well as Squadron 42. What else comes close to that?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    People always focus on the bigger packages, but the fact of the matter is you can get in with $40 (or was it $35?) which gives you everything to start playing the game, both the expanded PU as well as Squadron 42. What else comes close to that?
    A game thats out. Sorry but im pretty jaded by the whole kickstarter or back before its out bullshit thats been all the rage the past few years due to the fact of how man lemons have been backed. Have there really been more than 1 or 2 success's that were kickstarted/backed?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Have there really been more than 1 or 2 success's that were kickstarted/backed?
    Pillars of Eternity
    Divinity Original Sin
    Shovel Knight
    FTL
    Wasteland 2
    Banner Saga
    Chivalry
    Skullgirls
    Elite: Dangerous

And I'm sure there are others. Those are primarily the "bigger" successes, as there are a huge number of others that have successfully released and seen decent sales.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    A game thats out. Sorry but im pretty jaded by the whole kickstarter or back before its out bullshit thats been all the rage the past few years due to the fact of how man lemons have been backed. Have there really been more than 1 or 2 success's that were kickstarted/backed?
    There have been plenty of success stories with kickstarter. But there's never been one with this much backing or this many promises.

Deleted
    where is the baby PU ? still 2 weeks away lol ?

this game is never coming out

one of the reasons is because they doing films and mocap studios while Sandi is living the sweet life at Holywood

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post

this game is never coming out

one of the reasons is because they doing films and mocap studios while Sandi is living the sweet life at Holywood
    It never ends.... I have actually stopped coming to this thread because of all the shitty posts like this. I finally came back and browsed through recent posts, and this is all it is.

Just leave! How fucking hard is that?
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Actually launched a couple months ago with the Arcorp city.

Deleted
    new original excuse Star Citizen (TM)

our lead FPS dev fell of his bike and broke his wrists. Because of that 2.0 (that is baby PU Valyrian , do your homework) is delayed. Ohhhh , and we can't show you even a video or preview. Meanwhile let's have a ship sale, selling jpegs is very easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game still isn't out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    This game still isn't out?
    Do you know how long games take to develop without prior content to use for development?
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    let them work on the damn game esh

add a few months since this picture was made but it still havent taken them that long honestly and they are going at a decent pace

Elderscrolls online took 7 years
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Deleted
    After $94 million and all they have to show for it is something that looks as bad as goat simulator. I hope you guys are trying to get refunds because it's only going to get more difficult to get your money back since they don't have much left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarka View Post
    After $94 million and all they have to show for it is something that looks as bad as goat simulator. I hope you guys are trying to get refunds because it's only going to get more difficult to get your money back since they don't have much left.
    so you posted just to say that? Nice tr0ll.
    -K

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    so you posted just to say that? Nice tr0ll.
    he is not a trolls

exactly spot on

94 millions , 4 years (CR said it started development long before kickstarter) and almost nothing to show. and what it is to see is some 1998 quality graphics with super bugged gameplay

but the jpegs look cool though

he is not a trolls

exactly spot on

94 millions , 4 years (CR said it started development long before kickstarter) and almost nothing to show. and what it is to see is some 1998 quality graphics with super bugged gameplay

I think that's a bit too extreme. The graphics are pretty decent overall and they do have a lot to show although they seem to hold a large amount of it back which is kind of contrary to the much touted "open development" thing but that's another discussion entirely.
    Better to wait for 2.0 and see what changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    he is not a trolls

exactly spot on

yes, they are trolling. and so are you. using over the top exaggerations (1998 quality graphics and goat simulator) to attempt to show that you think you know what you're talking about to incite reactions (yes, i took your bait), and trying to use numbers to tell us that you actually know how a company (that doesn't release its financials to us) is using their money. that is the textbook definition of trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    I think that's a bit too extreme. The graphics are pretty decent overall and they do have a lot to show although they seem to hold a large amount of it back which is kind of contrary to the much touted "open development" thing but that's another discussion entirely.
    Better to wait for 2.0 and see what changes.
    as for the discussion of open development, i am genuinely curious what you think theyre holding back? theyre telling us what the problems are that theyre having and theyre telling us what theyre getting done. hell, theyre telling us when theyre moving locations and where everyone is going to be doing their work inside of the new facility! if youre complaining about them not telling us dates for releases, its because the people that are watching this game make a big deal about it every time they push something past a date they said theyd try to release something on (admittedly a certain module being delayed constantly has been quite worrisome) and then people like zeta come in here and try to rub it in our faces like the wallet dude from family guy. games have delayed aspects ALL THE TIME. we just dont hear about it because theyre not open development.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2015-11-17 at 07:22 PM. Reason: typos

he is not a trolls

exactly spot on

Lets check GTA V. According to wiki, they started after April 2008. They had the core development team ready, their facilities ready, their money ready. Game design ready, just needed upgrades. Base programming codes ready. Nearly 1000 people worked for it? And it costed $266 million.

Star Citizen started with 8 people with no money in 2012.

Then we go to Star Wars Tor which took 6 years to make and $200 million spent on it. Game was not ready on release.

So, what i understand from your saying; Rockstar developers are really slow and Bioware ones should retire.

OR you have no idea about game development or managing a company. Even you have money etc. you may have hard time to find the right employees.You need time to build facilities as you grow. Money doesn't buy the right people or time needed to do stuff.

I won't call you a troll, you are just a noob in real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    he is not a trolls

exactly spot on

Without knowing their budget 94 million could last a lot more than 4 years. 1998 graphics? You going to compare Half Life and Star Citizen?

Calling you a troll would be a compliment to your intelligence.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post
    I won't call you a troll, you are just a noob in real life.
    Cuts deep.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

I think what most people are mad about, is they put up money for a specific game, and that game has gotten so bloated over time that it will never reach completion. And instead of even getting the base game you wanted, you get a buggy piece of nothing.

I agree the graphics they have are actually pretty good, but the fact that you need your own server rack to actually run the game is another problem.