Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    That looks fantastic!
    The developers have been working hard on the flight model recently and it's starting to show!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I get a serious Mass Effect vibe from that one.
    The art design is practically identical. Not that ME itself was revolutionary mind you, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The art design is practically identical. Not that ME itself was revolutionary mind you, but still.
    Well it is the generic sci-fi aesthetic that has been prevalent for the past twenty years, codified by Babylon 5, the BSG reboot, DS9, Battletech, Stargate, and Star Trek Enterprise. Everything has to look "grey" and "utilitarian".

If I had one complaint about Star Citizen, it would be the generic sci-fi aesthetic. People, you can have grounded science fiction and an intriguing aesthetic at the same time. Dune, the numerous aesthetics in each different Gundam series, Dragonar, and Aldnoah Zero are proof of that.

Despite the fact that SC's models have already been created, there's a simple trick they can use that would improve how good the ships looks drastically: actually paint them! Cowboy Bebop, the Star Wars prequels, and Sunrider are case examples of how a coat of paint can make generic sci fi ships look great!

Hopefully Star Citizen's hull customization doesn't turn out to be just as limited as EVE's or Hawken's, where you can only tint a few stripes and add a decal or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I get a serious Mass Effect vibe from that one.
    i can see that. i get more Halo vibes than ME personally though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Well it is the generic sci-fi aesthetic that has been prevalent for the past twenty years, codified by Babylon 5, the BSG reboot, DS9, Battletech, Stargate, and Star Trek Enterprise. Everything has to look "grey" and "utilitarian".

If I had one complaint about Star Citizen, it would be the generic sci-fi aesthetic. People, you can have grounded science fiction and an intriguing aesthetic at the same time. Dune, the numerous aesthetics in each different Gundam series, Dragonar, and Aldnoah Zero are proof of that.

Despite the fact that SC's models have already been created, there's a simple trick they can use that would improve how good the ships looks drastically: actually paint them! Cowboy Bebop, the Star Wars prequels, and Sunrider are case examples of how a coat of paint can make generic sci fi ships look great!

Hopefully Star Citizen's hull customization doesn't turn out to be just as limited as EVE's or Hawken's, where you can only tint a few stripes and add a decal or two.
    they have show videos of hull customization already working on their dev build as of over a year ago with the special variants of ships like the Wildfire.

"Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

15+ Year Old Account
    So how is the actual game coming up?

All I see is ship design and tech demos.

What is there to see and do?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    To be fair not like SC is that revolutionary either.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

It would be worth subscribing to this guy if you're genuinely interested in keeping up to date on the game's development. He's like the BellularGaming(World of Warcraft) or ObsidianAnt(Elite Dangerous) of Star Citizen. Pumps out videos almost at the speed that info is made public.

10+ Year Old Account
    This level of detail though...

looking like a fucking movie, smh.

Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    -snip-
    Outdated graphics. Looks like something from early 2000.
    /s

Deleted
    Wow. Nice guide! I've followed StarCitizen since a couple of years back and I remember the first time I saw it. Couldn't believe the vastness/graphics quality of it. Feels like some games are catching up now but this project is just insane. Can't wait to try it out now that i've finally got a decent computer for it =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by degtor View Post
    Wow. Nice guide! I've followed StarCitizen since a couple of years back and I remember the first time I saw it. Couldn't believe the vastness/graphics quality of it. Feels like some games are catching up now but this project is just insane. Can't wait to try it out now that i've finally got a decent computer for it =)
    well if you do decide to back welcome to the 'Verse, lmk if you have any specific questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

^ this.

In what world do you design graphics and animation before gameplay and how players will interact each other?

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    ^ this.

In what world do you design graphics and animation before gameplay and how players will interact each other?
    They think the fancy graphics will make it revolutionary somehow. Simple as that really. Seamless tech and all that as well. Doesn't mean squat personally.

And to the comment earlier in this thread about games catching up. They aren't really trying to. Why would they try and catch up to a game that hasn't been publicly released as a full product or won't be anytime soon?

Game devs will be fine with the current graphics we have because we actually see the games and get to play them in a fully released form. Star Citizen will really not make game devs think about how they design their games from a graphical standpoint.

People keep saying this game is going to change video games and be revolutionary. Let me know when we see that part of the game. Seamless tech has been a thing for years in games and great graphics (subjective in some of this games case) don't always make a great game.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-05-26 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    ^ this.

In a world where you can do both at the same time. I swear CIG should just throw in some arbitrary progress bars to fill up and that would placate most of "derp gameplay" people. Actually you can already earn reputation in game and unlock special missions, so there's a progress bar for you. As someone who has found reasons to log into Star Citizen at least once a week since the 3.0 release in December, there's clearly more there than just graphics and animation.

How's this for interacting with each other?

Revolutionary.
    Last edited by CogsNCocks; 2018-05-26 at 06:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CogsNCocks View Post
    How's this for interacting with each other?

-snip-

Revolutionary.
    Ehh, I wouldn't call the interactions in this video "revolutionary" at all. It's RP. Which is fantastic, don't get me wrong. But not "revolutionary". You can see this same sort of RP in GTA.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Ehh, I wouldn't call the interactions in this video "revolutionary" at all. It's RP. Which is fantastic, don't get me wrong. But not "revolutionary". You can see this same sort of RP in GTA.
    The usage of "revolutionary" is me making fun of someones red herring . Literally no one is going around claiming the game is revolutionary. I'd argue the last truely revolutionary game was Doom or Quake(when QuakeWorld was released).

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    It's not revolutionary at all. And calling it so is laughable.

It's literally RP in space. Nothing more. Something that has been a thing since online multiplayer existed in video games.

But again this game is supposed to have next-gen and revolutionary stuff according to what I read. I've seen none of it so far. I've seen nothing in the few years of this game existing to suggest that it's going to be something big whatsoever despite all the fanaticism around it which quite frankly is just a toxic cesspit.

Seamless tech has been a thing for years, this kind of graphical capability is subjective at best, the gameplay itself has already been seen in similar games or has very few new aspects to offer and so on.

Show me something that makes me want to like this game rather than videos of minor fluff and pictures of a guys face that looks like hes brooding. All that tells me is there is a facial animation in the game.

All the mess hall video shows me is that like many other games it has a hub for players to hang out and chat/rp with.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-05-26 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's not revolutionary at all. And calling it so is laughable.

It's literally RP in space. Nothing more. Something that has been a thing since online multiplayer existed in video games.

But again this game is supposed to have next-gen and revolutionary stuff according to what I read. I've seen none of it so far. I've seen nothing in the few years of this game existing to suggest that it's going to be something big whatsoever despite all the fanaticism around it which quite frankly is just a toxic cesspit.

Seamless tech has been a thing for years, this kind of graphical capability is subjective at best, the gameplay itself has already been seen in similar games or has very few new aspects to offer and so on.

Show me something that makes me want to like this game rather than videos of minor fluff and pictures of a guys face that looks like hes brooding. All that tells me is there is a facial animation in the game.

All the mess hall video shows me is that like many other games it has a hub for players to hang out and chat/rp with.
    Who are you arguing with? The SC fanboy bogeyman in your mind

Seriously, if you're a sci-fi buff, love CR games and spaceships it shouldn't be that hard to find something appealing about the game. If there's really nothing there at all that you find interesting or appealing about the game, and you don't like the community, maybe it's just not for you. Sci-fi fans do tend to be quite passionate and a bit tribal. At the end of the day, a game is more than it's sum of parts, its more than a list of features and tech buzz words. It's how the parts are assembled and the overall experience that emerges from that. Showing you videos isn't going to compare to how it feels to fly a massive ship and successfully land it on a planet without crashing while hosting 40 players on board. And that's just a tiny slither of experiences that SC offers and will hopefully offer into the future.
    Last edited by CogsNCocks; 2018-05-26 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    Is this game ever going to get ready?
    Of course it is.

Just by the time it does nobody is going to care. Or it will just end up being overhyped and the only people playing it will be those heavily invested in it so they don't feel the money thrown in went to waste.

But CiG and Roberts will have your money by then from microtransactions and buy ins. Despite the fact they had over 150 million dollars in funding. The fact Chris Roberts said they don't need additional funding yet the game had microtransactions in speaks volumes about how greedy they are.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-05-26 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Of course it is.

Just by the time it does nobody is going to care. Or it will just end up being overhyped and the only people playing it will be those heavily invested in it so they don't feel the money thrown in went to waste.

But CiG and Roberts will have your money by then from microtransactions and buy ins. Despite the fact they had over 150 million dollars in funding. The fact Chris Roberts said they don't need additional funding yet the game had microtransactions in speaks volumes about how greedy they are.
    Just like WoW nobodies interested in that anymore because it's old. Just ignore the millions of players still interested....

Blizzard and Michael Morhaime will have your money from p2w gold tokens, cashshop mounts/pets/cosmetics, services, subscriptions and the box sale buy in. Despite the fact that have made billions in revenue they just keep on wanting more the greedy bastards.