10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I uninstalled GW2 last night and began a reinstall of SC. Woke up a couple hours ago and logged in, only to find out that they no longer sold blue cardigans on Port Olisar! Anyways, I summoned my 315 to the landing pad, and spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to get to Hurston. I couldn't find Lorville on the Mobiglass map, so I just picked one of the other generic zones. I had enough fuel for one trip. Calculated spool drive, spooled the drive... pressed B... and then nothing. The reticke was red and said "out of range". Tried exiting my seat, restarting the engine, still couldn't jump. Decided to jump to ArcCorp, refuel there, then jump to Hurston, since ArcCorp wasn't out of range. I opened mu map and realized that it'd take upwards of twenty minutes to get there, so I alt tabbed out to research why I couldn't get to Hurston... only to find out that ArcCorp isn't out yet, so I've been warping for ten minutes to empty space. Cancelled quantum travel and returned to Port Olisar, only for my travel to stop at the other side of the gas giant. I had to go, so I just powered down my engines and logged off in space.
    i know this was not meant to be funny, but i laughed because it was unfortunate. in my original post on Hurston i said that it was available for 3.3.5 PTU, currently only available to subscribers and concierge, so it's not available to everyone as an open PTU yet. fyi, in the future when you plot a course you will need to use rest stops in order to refuel to get to planets as smaller Quantum Engines will have a smaller range AND slower speed compared to larger ones i.e. large ships will be able to quantum further and faster.

Hurston is scheduled for release before the end of the year, possibly before Dec. ArcCorp is scheduled for release at the end of Q1 2019.

OT: what made you uninstall GW2?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    love the cityscape in this picture. looks very sprawling
    yeah it is, apparently it is the real world size of the city of Austin Texas, so pretty sprawling.

speaking of another vista i love this one of Aberdeen:

"Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Cool picures, but is there anything to do, would someone buy the game now?
    Imo no. It's just not worth the buy in cost at the moment.

End of the day it's your money to do with as you see fit though.

It's just not worth it while the game has failed to meet deadlines on a regular basis and has been an underwhelming disaster after another.

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    i know this was not meant to be funny, but i laughed because it was unfortunate. in my original post on Hurston i said that it was available for 3.3.5 PTU, currently only available to subscribers and concierge, so it's not available to everyone as an open PTU yet. fyi, in the future when you plot a course you will need to use rest stops in order to refuel to get to planets as smaller Quantum Engines will have a smaller range AND slower speed compared to larger ones i.e. large ships will be able to quantum further and faster.

Hurston is scheduled for release before the end of the year, possibly before Dec. ArcCorp is scheduled for release at the end of Q1 2019.
    Yeah, just found out from Bored Gamer's channel that it was PTU stuff. Still very excited for what's to come!

OT: what made you uninstall GW2?
    I lost interest in the game after HoT two and a half years ago. I quit for a variety of reasons, but mainly because it didn't satisfy my desire for RP, PvP, and the overall gameplay felt lackluster. The PvP (arenas were lackluster MOBAs and the WvW was utterly uninteresting. The RP scene is virtually nonexistent (no thanks to instancing), and the tab target gameplay with movement feels somewhat clunky. I've talked about this on MMO-C when HoT launched, but I was turned off by the direction ArenaNet went with their endgame maps, with the maps ridiculously packed with high densities of mobs, and masteries required to get around anywhere in a timely manner. It takes weeks of grinding repetitive tasks to level up a mastery, which is in of itself a catch 22 as the best way to earn masteries is to have masteries, which means even getting in the door is difficult. I did eventually level them up, by was so exhausted by the end, and then ArenaNet started adding more LW S3 and even more in PoT, which I've heard only continued the trend. Nerdslayer described it best in his video; we don't hate it, in fact I quite enjoyed my time with it, but I've come to accept that the game just isn't for me.

I haven't played in a couple years, but what prompted me to uninstall was when I wanted to reinstall SC and realized I only had 40 GB left, so I uninstalled Mechwarrior 4 and GW2, which brought me up to 80 GB, and then reinstalled SC. Now I'm down to 34 GB. I've been trying to find what's taking so much space, because I have 464 total gigs of space on my SSD and WoW should only take 80 max, and Overwatch 30, and the rest of my Steam games are very small, probably 40 gigs altogether.

10+ Year Old Account

I haven't played in a couple years, but what prompted me to uninstall was when I wanted to reinstall SC and realized I only had 40 GB left, so I uninstalled Mechwarrior 4 and GW2, which brought me up to 80 GB, and then reinstalled SC. Now I'm down to 34 GB. I've been trying to find what's taking so much space, because I have 464 total gigs of space on my SSD and WoW should only take 80 max, and Overwatch 30, and the rest of my Steam games are very small, probably 40 gigs altogether.
    i know that feelin. GW2 just couldnt keep my attension for very long after i level capped.

some times a lot of loose files can happen. i try and do an Advance system care junk file cleaning every month or so.

im guessing the Apps&Games of your system isn't telling you all the largest files installed?
    debating myself if i want to uninstall GTA5 since im not touching it these days. that and its the largest game i have installed atm
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

i know that feelin. GW2 just couldnt keep my attension for very long after i level capped.

some times a lot of loose files can happen. i try and do an Advance system care junk file cleaning every month or so.

im guessing the Apps&Games of your system isn't telling you all the largest files installed?
    debating myself if i want to uninstall GTA5 since im not touching it these days. that and its the largest game i have installed atm
    Not all of my biggest game folders are installed; I have backups of entire folders of some games, while other games were simply folders that I downloaded that aren't even installed, so the uninstallation screen doesn't show everything. It's sometimes misleading in fact, because it says that every Steam game I own is 17.5 GB, which is clearly not true, while also showing games that I deleted months ago.

EDIT: Been checking the size of my Steam game folders, seems to be that it's four 25 GB games together that make up my mysteriously missing space.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2018-11-13 at 11:05 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Also I'm gonna steal my line back from you. Feel free to ignore me if you don't like what I post.

If the people posting in this thread bother YOU, YOU can always just ignore them. Instead of using their post to go off on the hate train again.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    If the people posting in this thread bother YOU, YOU can always just ignore them. Instead of using their post to go off on the hate train again.
    And you are free to think it's a "hate train". That's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

I myself believe it's fair criticism which I'm entitled to. I've broken no rules of the site as far as I'm aware and if it bothers you so much then report it to a moderator for them to decide.

If my "hate training" bothers you so much take my advice. If not then tough shit I guess and it's on you.

Tbh I wouldn't say it bothers me. More amuses me.

CiG and their cultists are probably some of the most amusing people both here and on Reddit. It's like free entertainment.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-11-13 at 11:28 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    CiG and their cultists are probably some of the most amusing people both here and on Reddit. It's like free entertainment.
    Sounds like your basically just admitting to trolling at this point.

As for moderation we both have been on this site long enough to know they don't apply the rules like they should. Moderation on mmo champ is a joke.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Well well looks like CIG accomplished another "impossible" milestone and the haters are having a hard time dealing with it...

Must be getting harder and harder to keep hating on Star Citizen without feeling like a schmuck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Still a nice tech demo. Waiting for the game though.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Still a nice tech demo. Waiting for the game though.
    This. They can show off all the flash they want. Great graphics do not make a great game. It's been proven countless times.

No gameplay hun?

Dogfighting, Multicrew and FPS gameplay

Mining

Cargo Hauling

Delivery Missions

Bounty Hunting

Investigation

& Racing

It's not that hard to do a little research on youtube...but you guys prefer to keep your head bury in the sand, I guess you think you're edgy for hating on Star Citizen or something. Oh well... you're loss our laughs.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2018-11-14 at 04:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    No gameplay hun?

Mining

Cargo Hauling

Delivery Missions

Bounty Hunting

Investigation

& Racing

It's not that hard to do a little research on youtube...but you guys prefer to keep your head bury in the sand, I guess you think you're edgy for hating on Star Citizen or something. Oh well... you're loss our laughs.
    I should start re-sharing your posts when it comes back up
    Last edited by Omians; 2018-11-14 at 05:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lost interest in the game after HoT two and a half years ago. I quit for a variety of reasons, but mainly because it didn't satisfy my desire for RP, PvP, and the overall gameplay felt lackluster. The PvP (arenas were lackluster MOBAs and the WvW was utterly uninteresting. The RP scene is virtually nonexistent (no thanks to instancing), and the tab target gameplay with movement feels somewhat clunky. I've talked about this on MMO-C when HoT launched, but I was turned off by the direction ArenaNet went with their endgame maps, with the maps ridiculously packed with high densities of mobs, and masteries required to get around anywhere in a timely manner. It takes weeks of grinding repetitive tasks to level up a mastery, which is in of itself a catch 22 as the best way to earn masteries is to have masteries, which means even getting in the door is difficult. I did eventually level them up, by was so exhausted by the end, and then ArenaNet started adding more LW S3 and even more in PoT, which I've heard only continued the trend. Nerdslayer described it best in his video; we don't hate it, in fact I quite enjoyed my time with it, but I've come to accept that the game just isn't for me.

i hear that, i was just curious is still play it thought i have taken breaks for other stuff after like 4 years of hardcore playing ti daily. now i play it casually and bide my time until Star Citizen and Squadron 42.

On-Topic, thought some of you guys might like this image from Hurston:

"Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Imo no. It's just not worth the buy in cost at the moment.

End of the day it's your money to do with as you see fit though.

It's just not worth it while the game has failed to meet deadlines on a regular basis and has been an underwhelming disaster after another.
    Don't you worry, I have no intention of giving those crooks a dime.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Don't you worry, I have no intention of giving those crooks a dime.
    So you ignore the posts about actual stuff to do and reply to only the negative and call them crooks. Nice

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    No gameplay hun?

Mining

Cargo Hauling

Delivery Missions

Bounty Hunting

Investigation

& Racing

So you ignore the posts about actual stuff to do and reply to only the negative and call them crooks. Nice
    I didn't ignore anything.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    i hear that, i was just curious is still play it thought i have taken breaks for other stuff after like 4 years of hardcore playing ti daily. now i play it casually and bide my time until Star Citizen and Squadron 42.

On-Topic, thought some of you guys might like this image from Hurston:

Has any more info about the pioneer base building come up?
    Was talking about it the other day that they are planning that you could pick and choose buildings to be placed.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    ...At this point I just can't fucking tell those who are being serious from the ones being sarcastic.
    I just assume he's being sarcastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Damn 3.3 is so good with fps and 3.3.5 with Hurston brings so much immersion. I feel like this game can suck you soul. Sense of scale is really good. That building on Hurston is so huge yet so tiny.

My wallet is ready for anniversary sale. They ll make millions of $ with this sale as they have shown to the world they can actually make the damn game.

That's going to look more amazing when the planet starts spinning on its axis