Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Are you really trying to gatekeep what can and can't be talked about?

You should take your own advice.
    If you want to nitpick about pointless crap because there's nothing else leftover for you to whine about then be my guest.

Quote Originally Posted by CogsNCocks View Post
    If you want to nitpick about pointless crap because there's nothing else leftover for you to whine about then be my guest.
    If there's anything the haters excel at is making up reasons to nitpick on anything Star Citizen.

Says the guy adding absolutely zero to the topic... c'mon man take look in the mirror before telling everyone else what they should or shouldn't be doing.

For something that is such an inconsequential triviality you sure are making a big deal out of it...

You guys are so fragile, a technical observation that affects you not at all and out come the pitbulls swiping at posters. It's 'attack the messenger' bullshit.
    Last edited by 1001; 2020-01-19 at 01:38 PM.

c'mon man take look in the mirror before telling everyone else what they should or shouldn't be doing.
    You're picking over bones when there's nothing there, desperately searching for something so you can say "haha I've got you now". It's not a good look, it's sad.

I'm just giving advice, I'm not telling you what to do, it's up to you to take it all leave it, sometimes it's helpful to have a 3rd party let you know when you're looking desperate.

As for me I was discussing the legal case, I thought you were as well but apparently not, my bad.

From where I'm standing it's because of fragile egos from suposed gamers who cant stop obsessing about this game and it's development. A game they don't even play or particularly like. Yet they regularly act like it's the only game they care about like if their life depended on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    From where I'm standing it's because of fragile egos from suposed gamers who cant stop obsessing about this game and it's development. A game they don't even play or particularly like. Yet they regularly act like it's the only game they care about like if their life depended on it.
    Pot, meet kettle.

You're picking over bones when there's nothing there, desperately searching for something so you can say "haha I've got you now". It's not a good look, it's sad.

I'm just giving advice, I'm not telling you what to do, it's up to you to take it all leave it, sometimes it's helpful to have a 3rd party let you know when you're looking desperate.

As for me I was discussing the legal case, I thought you were as well but apparently not, my bad.
    Yeah yeah, you're so full of shit. Quoting a CIG employee to clarify some information is me being desperate?... just lol. If anyone is desperate it's you with your continued attempt at curtailing the conversation.

So let's recount it seeing you dislike it so much:

Ben Parry, an employee of CIG, drew a diagram when the switch allegedly happened showing what was CE, where Lumberyard started and what CIG was using.

Here's the image

So what we can see is that LY is using 3.8 and CIG is branching off 3.7, so they are not using the LY based branch at all, in other words they are not using LY.
    Last edited by 1001; 2020-01-19 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Pot, meet kettle.
    Good luck enjoying a game enough that makes you forget about Star Citizen and finaly find that inner peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Pot, meet kettle.
    That doesn't make sense, MrAnderson clearly likes the game. There's nothing wrong with obsessing over something that you enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah yeah, you're so full of shit. Quoting a CIG employee to clarify some information is me being desperate?... just lol. If anyone is desperate it's you with your continued attempt at curtailing the conversation.

So let's recount it seeing you dislike it so much:

Ben Parry, an employee of CIG, drew a diagram when the switch allegedly happened showing what was CE, where Lumberyard started and what CIG was using.

Here's the image

So what we can see is that LY is using 3.8 and CIG is branching off 3.7, so they are not using the LY based branch at all, in other words they are not using LY.
    1. CIG has since migrated over to Lumberyard that diagram was posted years ago.

Second, evidence uncovered in discovery on the Amazon license shows that in May 2019 - a year and a half after launching the action - Crytek sheepishly and belatedly emailed Amazon to ask if it had truly granted CIG a license covering prior versions of CryEngine, including those licensed to CIG under the GLA. In that email, Crytek conceded that an affirmative answer would likely tank its SQ42 claim. Amazon confirmed that, yes indeed, it had done just that.

In addition to being unripe, the evidence shows that Crytek filed its SQ42 claim based on the false assumption that CIG’s license from Amazon covered only the publicly released version of Lumberyard. What Crytek did not know is that the license also included rights to prior versions of CryEngine itself, rights which Amazon granted in order to minimize the engineering time it would take CIG to migrate to Lumberyard. It was not until May 22, 2019 - a year and a half after filing this lawsuit - that Crytek finally decided to ask Amazon whether it “licensed the Cryengine itself directly to CIG,” conceding that the answer “might potentially have quite some influence on our evaluation of the legal situation . . . .” Amazon confirmed that yes, it had “included Cryengine (what you licensed to us) as part of that license to CIG.” On October 25, 2019, CIG produced a copy of the Amazon license to Crytek so it could see for itself: CIG’s separate license with Amazon operates as a complete defense against Crytek’s remaining claims so they too never should have been brought.
    2. So what's your point, since you don't care about the legal case? Although I suspect you would care a lot more if CIG were the losers in all this.

snip
    lumberyard was built on the 3.7 cryengine code so 3.7 onwards is lumberyard, they didnt need to switch to 3.8 straight away but going from 3.7 code to 3.8 code is easy, star citizen code is not 100% lumberyard or cryengine but with the licence from lumberyard they can pick and choose whats suitable for them, its been 4 years since the switch so your very naive to think they are not using at least the parts of lumberyard that suit the game requirements if not all.

The lumberyard code before they made any changes would be 3.8 for them which is the exact same version as 3.7, additional changes for lumberyard are 3.8.1 onwards. Lumberyard got the 3.7 code but straight away made thier version 3.8.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-01-19 at 03:54 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Honestly, even assuming that someone does indeed “hate” a video game project to the point of just wanting to see it burning and crumbling to the ground just for the sake of it, this Crytek legal bullshit just isn’t the way to go at it, as it would only serve as a scapegoat.

Amen, just ask victims of domestic abuse or people with addiction problems, absolutely nothing wrong about obsessing over stuff that you love...

“Passionate” might be a better term next time you want to give that a go…
    I mean obsessing over something reasonable, like a hobby, book, or a film or something lol

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    lumberyard was built on the 3.7 cryengine code so 3.7 onwards is lumberyard, they didnt need to switch to 3.8 straight away but going from 3.7 code to 3.8 code is easy, star citizen code is not 100% lumberyard or cryengine but with the licence from lumberyard they can pick and choose whats suitable for them, its been 4 years since the switch so your very naive to think they are not using at least the parts of lumberyard that suit the game requirements if not all.

The lumberyard code before they made any changes would be 3.8 for them which is the exact same version as 3.7, additional changes for lumberyard are 3.8.1 onwards. Lumberyard got the 3.7 code but straight away made thier version 3.8.
    Well the employee of CIG claims different, take it up with him

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't make sense, MrAnderson clearly likes the game. There's nothing wrong with obsessing over something that you enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

1. CIG has since migrated over to Lumberyard that diagram was posted years ago.

2. So what's your point, since you don't care about the legal case? Although I suspect you would care a lot more if CIG were the losers in all this.
    I thought this was meant to be totally inconsequential, desperarte and nitpicking and yet here you are... still going on about it.... You should go and do something more productive instead.

I thought this was meant to be totally inconsequential, desperarte and nitpicking and yet here you are... still going on about it.... You should go and do something more productive instead.
    Well, I'm looking for my Xbox controller so I can give my newly installed Red Dead Redemption 2 a whirl. Don't feel like playing with mouse and keyboard right now.

Well, I'm looking for my Xbox controller so I can give my newly installed Red Dead Redemption 2 a whirl. Don't feel like playing with mouse and keyboard right now.
    Enlightening! Do you have a blog I can follow?

Well the employee of CIG claims different, take it up with him .
    When did this employee claim this so called fact, it has been over 3 years and you can say for 100% that they are not using lumberyard at all, the switch would of happened over a few patchs to take all or some of what was needed, CiG have never once stated they were not using lumberyard after the switch.

Switching to lumberyard included the licence to use the current version along with being able to use the new features that support the online part that are only included with amazon, makes no sense not to use a superior version of the same software/engine does it.

Crytek is a failing company and cant continue to support cryengine anymore, thats why they sold the rights to amazon.

Fact is from 2.6 it has been running of lumberyard as it has been using the AWS support that is exclusive to amazons version.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-01-19 at 06:40 PM.

When did this employee claim this so called fact, it has been 4 years and you can say for 100% that they are not using lumberyard at all, the switch would of happened over a few patchs to take all or some of what was needed, CiG have never once stated they were not using lumberyard after the switch.

Switching to lumberyard included the licence to use the current version along with being able to use the new features that support the online part that are only included with amazon, makes no sense not to use a superior version of the same software/engine does it.

Crytek is a failing company and cant continue to support cryengine anymore, thats why they sold the rights to amazon.

Fact is from 2.6 it has been running of lumberyard as it has been using the AWS support that is exclusive to amazons version.
    I already told you that. It was when the switch was alleged to have occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    snip
    That doesnt say they are not using LY, the switch would of taken a few months, they have been using LY since 2.6, SC is a version on its own and can use parts of LY as and when needed, Aliven has stated they are not using LY at all just because crytek has made yet another claim, im mainly trying to talk about the present version of the game and didnt say they used LY from the first day they had access to it.

Patch 2.6 was jan 2017 so after these comments.

I mean obsessing over something reasonable, like a hobby, book, or a film or something lol
    There is nothing reasonable about obsession...

the switch would of taken a few months
    Not according to Chris, he said
    I think it took us a day or so of two engineers on the engine team
    https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...ont-delay-game

Yeah, but as we already concluded in this thread, Chris is pathological lier.