Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster0 View Post
    Eh? He linked CIG's convention slides confirming there were four patches bridging 3.0 to 4.0. That is as factual as one can get

You cannot retroactively fit the new patch count to the 2016 roadmap which is what you were trying to do.

Does anyone talk mechanics? I have not been here much but I cannot recall such a conversation.
    If you even payed attention to the presentation he clearly says he is now going to show abit of the roadmap, so the 4 patches he shows are only part of the roadmap and not the whole thing, he just trying to skip on almost 2 years of development just because it doesnt show every single part of the roadmap.

If something is not quite right then there is no point in adding to a PU until its ready, the PUs main goal would be to discover bugs much faster with a larger playerbase so it helps smooth things out, its not essential to add new things into the PU until they are mostly complete but they still do it fairly often anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    It's very sad to come to this thread and read the news regarding the game. At this rate the game might become a reality faster than the game will get released. If you catch my drift

From the perspective of an outsider that's exactly how it looks and I really feel bad about the people throwing money at it, it's not their fault though.
    what sad news is that, if you take a really good look at what they are doing with the game and the size of it you cant really expect it to come any faster than some of the largest projects done so far, first 2-3 years development was much slower due to building up a company from scratch so all things considered its coming at a reasonable pace.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-05-02 at 08:50 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Care to elaborate what these numbers are supposed to say? Because all I see is a some weird percentage numbers connected with a year but no clue what information they should show.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    Care to elaborate what these numbers are supposed to say? Because all I see is a some weird percentage numbers connected with a year but no clue what information they should show.
    I believe that it means that 100% would be the year of the title's peak popularity/most views, with the other percentages indicating how relatively popular the title was compared to the best year. For Star Citizen, that would mean that it had 32% of it's 2020 views, and we're not even half way through the year yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I believe that it means that 100% would be the year of the title's peak popularity/most views, with the other percentages indicating how relatively popular the title was compared to the best year. For Star Citizen, that would mean that it had 32% of it's 2020 views, and we're not even half way through the year yet.
    Ah thanks for clearing that up, so all in all a rather pointless statistic.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Why do you care about why I post here?
    I don't. /10chars

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I get into drawn out arguments, big deal. That's completely different to making hundreds of posts advertising/shilling for a company.
    You focus on 1 person in particular. When someone else calls you on your shit you abort asap.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    You focus on 1 person in particular. When someone else calls you on your shit you abort asap.
    You act like what 1001 has posted has been debunked. It hasn't?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You act like what 1001 has posted has been debunked. It hasn't?
    You act like you know what I'm talking about. You don't? 1001 does though. Which is why I quoted him and am talking to him.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

You act like you know what I'm talking about. You don't? 1001 does though. Which is why I quoted him and am talking to him.
    Cool, and I jumped in the conversation. 1001 didn't "abort asap" as you claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    hEy MaN yOu PoStEd So MaNy SiNgLe SeTeNcE pOsTs YoU mUsT cArE sO mUcH aNd PuT cHrIs RoBeRtS iN yOuR wIlL

(People are silly)
    I'm sure him being called out on his posting didn't have anything to do with him trying to rip on someone else for something similar. Nah that can't be it.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    If you even payed attention to the presentation he clearly says he is now going to show abit of the roadmap, so the 4 patches he shows are only part of the roadmap and not the whole thing, he just trying to skip on almost 2 years of development just because it doesnt show every single part of the roadmap.

If something is not quite right then there is no point in adding to a PU until its ready, the PUs main goal would be to discover bugs much faster with a larger playerbase so it helps smooth things out, its not essential to add new things into the PU until they are mostly complete but they still do it fairly often anyway.

what sad news is that, if you take a really good look at what they are doing with the game and the size of it you cant really expect it to come any faster than some of the largest projects done so far, first 2-3 years development was much slower due to building up a company from scratch so all things considered its coming at a reasonable pace.
    If I paid attention? There is proof confirming four patches and a quarterly patch cadence. That is indisputable.

Re: Part of the roadmap. CR is referring to main bullet points for each of the four patches, nothing more.

Re: size/time. To be fair, it was CR and the team whom said that with more money they could employ more staff and produce the game faster.

What are you even on about? I engage with the person I am discussing/arguing with, that's just normal. Are you feeling left out because I didn't want to play your ad hominem games, is that why you're making more stuff up?

I'm sure him being called out on his posting didn't have anything to do with him trying to rip on someone else for something similar. Nah that can't be it.
    I made a comment about religious scripture because Anderson was trying to make a big deal of me getting Daymar and ArcCorp mixed up.

The quotes
    You wot? Have you actually played Star Citizen mate? Daymar is a couple of seconds of Quantum travelling with any ship.
    How can someone claim to know about the game when they make such a dumb error as mistaking ArcCorp with Daymar?
    You thought it would be fun to jump on the train by taking it out of context and trying to use it against me.

Secondly, it was 1 comment within numerous sentences discussing the game, whereas all your comments were focused solely on me and nothing about the game. I repeatedly said this is a thread about Star Citizen, not me and that is why I stopped responding to you. You bitch about post counts and then bitch about me not responding....

If i stopped replying back you would have barely any posts here
    The source of my "high" post count and the solution are contained in the quote above, but it applies to all of you whining on about it.

You guys can't have it both ways. You can't play Star Citizen Defence Force and then moan about the other person having a post count....

- - - Updated - - -

If I paid attention? There is proof confirming four patches and a quarterly patch cadence. That is indisputable.

Re: Part of the roadmap. CR is referring to main bullet points for each of the four patches, nothing more.

Re: size/time. To be fair, it was CR and the team whom said that with more money they could employ more staff and produce the game faster.
    LOL is he really still going on about that? Kenn likes to try and substitute reality with his own version of events
    Last edited by 1001; 2020-05-03 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post

"Numbers represent viewers interest relative to the most popular year of the «Game».

A value of 100 is the peak popularity for the game. A value of 50 means that the game is half as popular."

This comes in context to understand why some "big fans of other space games" seem so obsessed in casting Star Citizen in a negative light. Bitterness and envy for seeing it grow in popularity, financially and implementing features that they've been dreaming for years.

So in a way we can understand why some EvE and Elite Dangerous fanboys have such an obsessive hard-on for hating everything Star Citizen. Ironically they are too responsible for Star Citizen's popularity growth, by spending more energy hating the game they dislike than enjoying their favourite game they strength the relevance of Star Citizen while neglecting their old toys.

LOL still going with the victim complex Anderson? Oooh form up guys, the baddies from EVE and Elite are out to get us...

How sad.

Fact is he said he was only showing abit of the roadmap, there is no proof at all that there was only going to be 4 patches between 3.0 and 4.0 and infact your proven wrong as we have already had patches up to 3.9. Your just making things up as you go along atm.

LOL is he really still going on about that? Kenn likes to try and substitute reality with his own version of events
    how is it my own reality when the actual evidence proves you wrong, there has been 9 patches already from 3.0 and he was only going to show abit of the roadmap, just face the fact that you were wrong.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-05-03 at 04:07 PM.

Fact is he said he was only showing abit of the roadmap, there is no proof at all that there was only going to be 4 patches between 3.0 and 4.0 and infact your proven wrong as we have already had patches up to 3.9. Your just making things up as you go along atm.
    I don't know what to say. It is blatantly obvious what CR meant and despite you having zero proof or evidence to back up your assertion you want accuse everyone else of being incorrect.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

Would you mind not dropping in your snide remarks? I am being respectful and civil towards you despite us disagreeing so the least you could do is the same in return.
    It is quite unnecessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Imperium news write-up of the Gamescom event in 2016.

Four patches with a quarterly cadence.

Cloud Imperium's nomenclature increased from 2.6 to 3.0 (a jump reserved for major changes). The same would occur as travelling to multiple star systems was brought online ie moving from 3.3 to 4.0 instead of 3.3 to 3.4.

I don't know what to say. It is blatantly obvious what CR meant and despite you having zero proof or evidence to back up your assertion you want accuse everyone else of being incorrect.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

Would you mind not dropping in your snide remarks? I am being respectful and civil towards you despite us disagreeing so the least you could do is the same in return.
    It is quite unnecessary.
    All the evidence proves that im correct, when did they once say they were going to only do 4 patches, they said they were going to show abit of the roadmap, if those 4 patches were the whole roadmap then that is not abit is it, they generally dont even show the whole roadmap in any of the presentations given. Presentations show a small amount of what they are actually doing in development and not every patch will have major features added.

The evidence is right in the presentation and backed up with the fact that they have already done 9 patches from 3.0, it is not a claim its a fact you fail to acknowledge because it proves you wrong.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-05-03 at 05:28 PM.

LOL still going with the victim complex Anderson? Oooh form up guys, the baddies from EVE and Elite are out to get us...

How sad.
    Oh no no, please do continue. Seems to be working wonders for both parties.

All the evidence proves that im correct, when did they once say they were going to only do 4 patches, they said they were going to show abit of the roadmap, if those 4 patches were the whole roadmap then that is not abit is it, they generally dont even show the whole roadmap in any of the presentations given. Presentations show a small amount of what they are actually doing in development and not every patch will have major features added.
    It really does not prove you are correct. Like not at all.

The big releases are always scheduled for the end of the year. They are used as hype at both Gamescom and Citizencon.

Let us look at it historically
    1.0 in December of 2014, 2.0 in December of 2015, 3.0 intended for December of 2016, Gee I wonder what number might be coming in December of 2017?
    Oh wil you look at that! There is CR displaying one of four slides with one of them labelled 4.0 while talking about quarterly patches for the year 2017. I wonder what that could mean? Oh, 3.4 for December of 2017 you say? Of course, that makes so much sense, it is so obvious!

Said no one ever ;D
    Last edited by masterblaster0; 2020-05-03 at 06:30 PM.

It really does not prove you are correct. Like not at all.

The big releases are always scheduled for the end of the year. They are used as hype at both Gamescom and Citizencon.

Let us look at it historically
    1.0 in December of 2014, 2.0 in December of 2015, 3.0 intended for December of 2016, Gee I wonder what number might be coming in December of 2017?
    Oh wil you look at that! There is CR displaying one of four slides with one of them labelled 4.0 while talking about quarterly patches for the year 2017. I wonder what that could mean? Oh, 3.4 for December of 2017 you say? Of course, that makes so much sense, it is so obvious!

Said no one ever ;D
    The facts prove im correct, how many patches have we had since 3.0, chris stated he was only showing a small part of the roadmap in the presentation, the big releases are not always scheduled for the end of the year, pretty much most patches after 3.0 have had content of equal value delivering extra features and a ship or two.