Seems no matter how many times he is corrected, he still can't tell the truth about cp2077. It didn't start development until 2016, after witcher 3 was complete and released in 2020, so only 4 years.

I mean, he only counts from when SC started development so he has to do the same fir cp2077, no?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Seems no matter how many times he is corrected, he still can't tell the truth about cp2077. It didn't start development until 2016, after witcher 3 was complete and released in 2020, so only 4 years.

I mean, he only counts from when SC started development so he has to do the same fir cp2077, no?
    Oooh, cp2007 is a tough one. The development I believe started after release.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post

If you done some basic research cyberpunk started development after the release of the witcher 2 not the witcher 3 so not that long after star citizen started its development. So it is not me that needs corrected, do some basic ground work before embarassing yourself.

Cyber punk was announced may 2012, the first trailers were released in 2013 so they did start development well before 2016 that you are incorrect in assuming was the start of development.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Oooh, cp2007 is a tough one. The development I believe started after release.
    After release of the witcher 2 not the witcher 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I only check this thread once every couple of months, and have done so for a handful of years, and it's always the same argument, and the same shill arguing for Star Citizen. It's actually impressive.

Keep up the good fight kenn9530.

/s
    Its always the same clueless ppl posting the same complaints about the game, im happy to correct them over and over, maybe one day they can finally learn.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2023-07-15 at 12:57 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    If you done some basic research cyberpunk started development after the release of the witcher 2 not the witcher 3 so not that long after star citizen started its development. So it is not me that needs corrected, do some basic ground work before embarassing yourself.
    Yeah, it is sort of "embarassing" indeed...

The development of Cyberpunk 2077, an action role-playing video game, began following the release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Blood and Wine expansion in May 2016. CD Projekt published Cyberpunk 2077 in December 2020 for PlayStation 4, Stadia, Windows, and Xbox One, and in February 2022 for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S. Set in the Cyberpunk universe, its development was led by a 50-person team at CD Projekt Red, who partnered with several companies. The team quickly grew, surpassing the development team for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (2015).
    @ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Develo...Cyberpunk_2077

A new report looking into what went amiss with the rollout of Cyberpunk 2077 points to overconfidence from management at CD Projekt Red as a key problem, and reveals that “full development” of the game — announced in 2012— didn’t begin until 2016.

Jason Schreier of Bloomberg interviewed more than 20 current and former CD Projekt staff, and found that the game’s development was plagued by unrealistic deadlines and technical issues. The company “hit the reset button” on the game in 2016, but a demo of Cyberpunk 2077 showed at E3 in 2018 was “almost entirely fake,” according to the report. The development also suffered from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, with programmers on the PC version and testers of the console version working separately from each other.
    @ https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/16/2...le-projekt-red

Cyberpunk 2077 was announced back in 2012 and shown off to the world with a cinematic trailer in 2013, but work on the game didn’t begin for real until 2016, according to a new report by Bloomberg. That’s when CD Projekt studio head Adam Badowski took over as director, several veteran developers from The Witcher 3 left, and core concepts like whether the game would be first-person or not were still being hashed out.
    @ https://kotaku.com/report-cyberpunk-...til-1846072894
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    Yeah, it is sort of "embarassing" indeed...

@ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Develo...Cyberpunk_2077

@ https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/16/2...le-projekt-red

Preliminary work on Cyberpunk 2077 began following the release of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition (2012)

@ https://kotaku.com/report-cyberpunk-...til-1846072894
    I will humor you because you have embarassed yourself with incorrect information as most of your incoherant posts i will not see anyway.

Preliminary work on Cyberpunk 2077 began following the release of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition (2012). CD Projekt Red—CD Projekt's internal development studio—approached Mike Pondsmith, the writer of Cyberpunk and founder of R. Talsorian Games, in early 2012

Although Cyberpunk 2077 was initially developed using REDengine 3 as far back as 2013

So development on cyberpunk actually did start back in 2012, i never said full development started on the game just like in star citizen full development didnt start on that for many years, but development did begin all the same. So im 100% correct backed up by the simple facts that takes 2 mins to check that cyberpunk started back in 2012. Cyberpunk probably did a complete overhaul during its development also switching to a newer version of the engine but development is development.

Are you going to give star citizen a pass just because its done an overhaul on SQ42 during its development and completely changing what the game is, i think not.

I dont care how long a game takes, development time is development time.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2023-07-15 at 02:45 PM.

CD Project was developing other games when not working on Cyberpunk.
    CiG has no other games it have been working on. its entire time to solely spend on Star Citizen (and Sq42, which does not exist)
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    CD Project was developing other games when not working on Cyberpunk.
    CiG has no other games it have been working on. its entire time to solely spend on Star Citizen (and Sq42, which does not exist)
    Doesnt matter, CiG are also developing multiple games at the same time also, one company has to start from the ground up with the bare min and the other has many tools already created, along with staff and facilities, length of development time doesnt matter to a game it takes as long as it takes, but cyberpunk still did take between 8-9 years to develop that is a fact.

Even if the Cyberpunk took 8-9 years to develop that is STILL not 10 years. Also, they released a finished game unlike SC. A game that has sold 20 million copies, a game getting an expansion next year. SC is over what, 11 years now? Still not complete. Still no sign of the 2nd game. Still no end in sight for this game to be finished. CIG does not get a pass for this pathetic excuse of development. They deserve to be mocked. Keep tossing them money kenn, we know you're in way way too deep.

I will humor you because you have embarassed yourself with incorrect information as most of your incoherant posts i will not see anyway.

Preliminary work on Cyberpunk 2077 began following the release of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition (2012). CD Projekt Red—CD Projekt's internal development studio—approached Mike Pondsmith, the writer of Cyberpunk and founder of R. Talsorian Games, in early 2012

Although Cyberpunk 2077 was initially developed using REDengine 3 as far back as 2013

So development on cyberpunk actually did start back in 2012, i never said full development started on the game just like in star citizen full development didnt start on that for many years, but development did begin all the same. So im 100% correct backed up by the simple facts that takes 2 mins to check that cyberpunk started back in 2012. Cyberpunk probably did a complete overhaul during its development also switching to a newer version of the engine but development is development.

Are you going to give star citizen a pass just because its done an overhaul on SQ42 during its development and completely changing what the game is, i think not.

I dont care how long a game takes, development time is development time.
    Dude, c'mon I even used quotation marks as a little clue

If you are going to keep accusing people of embarrassing themselves, at least get it right.

Also, it's funny how its my posts that are “incoherant” one's * wink wink *, yet it is you who can't even go an entire page without contradicting yourself:

GTA 5 is a single player game with online built in on the exact same map so hardly even remotely similar as GTA is the same gameplay in the story and online, SQ42 is a single player story set in a small section of the universe where the MMO is many star systems and gameplay options not going to be available in SQ42, so SQ42 is a story where you play a pilot in a war and the PU is either you playing a retired pilot making a living or a civilian doing whatever you want.
    The two games are the same using pretty much sharing all of the same assets, its basically the same as what GTA 5 done where you get to follow the story mode or at some point can just jump into the multiplayer. Creating a story campaign is still a fair bit of work but they are not two completely seperate games and many of the story mode missions can be adapted for the PU.
    Plus, this silly “you are on my ignore list, I ain't even reading your posts!” act is sort of fucking pointless when you just keep replying to them, you read them alright, you just can't really argue against your own countless contradictions

Now... it's funny how this “correct information” that you just quoted came from the same exact place that my “incorrect information” came from:

“The development of Cyberpunk 2077, an action role-playing video game, began following the release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Blood and Wine expansion in May 2016“ @ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Develo...Cyberpunk_2077

While completely ignoring the report bolded information that states:

“The company “hit the reset button” on the game in 2016”

...which is all completely irrelevant to the point regardless, because as I already said, the problem was never about CiG taking 10 or 20 years to develop a fucking video game, the problem is that they have been taking money in advance from the players while feeding them false information about it's actual state, back in 2016 you were supposed to get the first chapter of Squadron 42, as it just needed a little bit more “polish”, fast-forward to 2023, and the game has been pulled out from their own store for about 2 months now

You are just as bad shilling for this company as they are developing the fucking thing.
    Ahahahaha!

wonder how may people that have contributed money to this compnay have died waiting for an actual full game release.

If you are going to keep accusing people of embarrassing themselves, at least get it right.

Also, it's funny how its my posts that are “incoherant” one's * wink wink *, yet it is you who can't even go an entire page without contradicting yourself:

Plus, this silly “you are on my ignore list, I ain't even reading your posts!” act is sort of fucking pointless when you just keep replying to them, you read them alright, you just can't really argue against your own countless contradictions

Now... it's funny how this “correct information” that you just quoted came from the same exact place that my “incorrect information” came from:

“The development of Cyberpunk 2077, an action role-playing video game, began following the release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Blood and Wine expansion in May 2016“ @ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Develo...Cyberpunk_2077

While completely ignoring the report bolded information that states:

“The company “hit the reset button” on the game in 2016”

...which is all completely irrelevant to the point regardless, because as I already said, the problem was never about CiG taking 10 or 20 years to develop a fucking video game, the problem is that they have been taking money in advance from the players while feeding them false information about it's actual state, back in 2016 you were supposed to get the first chapter of Squadron 42, as it just needed a little bit more “polish”, fast-forward to 2023, and the game has been pulled out from their own store for about 2 months now

You are just as bad shilling for this company as they are developing the fucking thing.
    You have been proven wrong on when cyberpunk started development, it started back in 2012 its just a simple fact, hitting a reset in 2016 doesnt change the simple reality development work has been done on cyberpunk since 2012, hitting a reset also doesnt mean all the previous development work was just scrapped.

Its a proven fact cyberpunk started development in 2012, it doesnt matter any other factors during its development or if the project was completely restarted fresh or not, the work started in 2012. So i was correct that cyberpunk has been in development for 8-9 years.

Are you going to accept if CiG said SQ42 was scrapped in 2015/2016 and they started it over and then accept it took less time to develop since they started it again. We already know SQ42 has had to have a major overhaul in the type of game its going to be to include planets and ground activities as it was mostly just going to be about space only.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2023-07-15 at 04:21 PM.

So i was correct that cyberpunk has been in development for 8-9 years.
    And that still wasn't correct when you were saying Triple A games take 10+ years to make now. And even so that is STILL less time than it has taken CiG to make SC. SC is making history with the amount of money and time invested into an incomplete Alpha. It really is fucking incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    wonder how may people that have contributed money to this compnay have died waiting for an actual full game release.
    kenn's grandchildren can't wait to play Star Citizen in 2056!

You have been proven wrong on when cyberpunk started development, it started back in 2012 its just a simple fact, hitting a reset in 2016 doesnt change the simple reality development work has been done on cyberpunk since 2012, hitting a reset also doesnt mean all the previous development work was just scrapped.

Its a proven fact cyberpunk started development in 2012, it doesnt matter any other factors during its development or if the project was completely restarted fresh or not, the work started in 2012. So i was correct that cyberpunk has been in development for 8-9 years.

Are you going to accept if CiG said SQ42 was scrapped in 2015/2016 and they started it over and then accept it took less time to develop since they started it again. We already know SQ42 has had to have a major overhaul in the type of game its going to be to include planets and ground activities as it was mostly just going to be about space only.

Curious of you to say that, because according to Chris Roberts himself, Star Citizen pre-production started in 2010, with production starting in 2011, yet:

hes been working on this project since around 2011
    development didn't properly start till early 2013
    The game has only been in proper development for around 5 years
    The company was not fully manned until 2017, full development has only been going on the past 2 years
    in reality its been 7-8 years development which for a game of this scale is not really that long and within about a year SQ42 should be in the final polishing phase.
    You've been making excuses to keep pushing Star Citizen development forward for years, it's like those “other factors” only matter when it's convenient : )

… but I'll say it again since you still seem to be struggling to understand, the development time itself was never the problem, the problem is that CIG has been giving year-long release windows for a product since 2014 to at least 2020, always under the false impression that it was just right around the corner while sucking thousands and thousands of dollars from their costumers via “micro-transactions” of shit that to this day still doesn't even exist.

That's why they are mocked by the majority of the gaming community nowadays.

Also, as you've been told multiple times by different people already, half a dozen games isn't “the norm” my dude :P

But hey! First star system almost done! 99 to go! Just 1-2 years max! ; )
    Ahahahaha!

I see where you made the mistake. You didn't convert the clue size to kenn scale. Where a little clue starts around the size of Jupiter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You are the one playing semantics here. Early Access Release is not The Release. There are different levels to "Release", heck in some levels every new build is a release. This is not a technical argument. Star Citizen has not been released. It didn't even had a Beta release, not to mention an RC (Release Candidate - ponder about the ramification of this term on your argument).
    Early Access, Alpha, Beta and RC - are not The Product. Not The Release. It's A release. Any technical expert will sort that out in civil court.
    I am not playing any semantics because the term release has no distinctions from a legal o financial point of view. None. In all cases, early access release or gold release, the developer has launched a product fully and recognizes revenue, pays taxes and can issue dividends etc in the exact same way, and as such they have zero contractual obligations to do anything beyond that. If they do (expansions, new content or roadmap "backlog") that is great for us as players, but if they dont they owe us nothing.

That is unlike a pre sale or crowdfund arrangement where the product is truly not released yet, and where developers have certain obligations towards how they use their funds and have to declare their sales as deferred revenue (a liability until the product is released, either in early access or gold). The only difference between an early access release and a gold release is the different quality of the products. The first one is a self proclaimed sub par product. The second one is just a regular product. Other than that, they are exactly the same thing.

You can argue the semantics of what is alpha, beta, etc, you can capitalize "The Release", we can discuss the developer best intentions with regards to roadmap "backlogs" or what not... but none of that has any bearing at all in what constitutes a product as released. Ask the taxman, he will not make any distinctions either.
    Last edited by Cloverfield; 2023-07-15 at 07:34 PM.

I think SC is great. I feel bad for anyone who buys into it expecting it to be done in the next 5 years. It's just not gonna happen.
    If it was more clear that this is going to be a very very long unfinished project then id have no issues with it, but the dev's do regularly over promise and under deliver.
    I'm totally fine with that, but for someone who is buying in for the first time, it's a bit deceptive.

I love playing it for a month, and putting it down for a year and coming back to all the new things.

SC is still an ocean wide and a pond deep. LOTS of cool things to do in it. Very few have any depth, progression, or are even finished.

Curious of you to say that, because according to Chris Roberts himself, Star Citizen pre-production started in 2010, with production starting in 2011, yet:

You've been making excuses to keep pushing Star Citizen development forward for years, it's like those “other factors” only matter when it's convenient : )

… but I'll say it again since you still seem to be struggling to understand, the development time itself was never the problem, the problem is that CIG has been giving year-long release windows for a product since 2014 to at least 2020, always under the false impression that it was just right around the corner while sucking thousands and thousands of dollars from their costumers via “micro-transactions” of shit that to this day still doesn't even exist.

That's why they are mocked by the majority of the gaming community nowadays.

Also, as you've been told multiple times by different people already, half a dozen games isn't “the norm” my dude :P

But hey! First star system almost done! 99 to go! Just 1-2 years max! ; )
    Star citizen isnt a normal game it requires systems to be made that dont exist, there is no normal development timescale, a game takes as long as it needs to be developed.

Star Citizen is the largest every games development project in existance no other game is even close to being as large as this game, they are also creating a full story campaign with a huge amount of detail, noone on here not even the most experienced devs in the world can say how long this game needs to be developed.

CiG have not given one single official release for the full game at all even the kickstarter was not an official release window so no they have no missed any release windows as they can change anything they want during development as they have already stated as such, they are developing 2 games and having a live test server ontop of that, no other games company have done that, development is more important that new patches for the PTU so if they need more work then thats what needs to be done.

They are the most open games development company in the world for thier development of the game, no other company gives anywhere near this amount of information on what they are doing.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2023-07-15 at 09:13 PM.

pointless drivel
    Ah here we go with the 'not a normal game', 'biggest game ever', 'no official release dates' lies. It fucking astounds me that this amount of trolling is allowed.

Star citizen isnt a normal game it requires systems to be made that dont exist, there is no normal development timescale, a game takes as long as it needs to be developed.

Star Citizen is the largest every games development project in existance no other game is even close to being as large as this game, they are also creating a full story campaign with a huge amount of detail, noone on here not even the most experienced devs in the world can say how long this game needs to be developed.

CiG have not given one single official release for the full game at all even the kickstarter was not an official release window so no they have no missed any release windows as they can change anything they want during development as they have already stated as such, they are developing 2 games and having a live test server ontop of that, no other games company have done that, development is more important that new patches for the PTU so if they need more work then thats what needs to be done.

They are the most open games development company in the world for thier development of the game, no other company gives anywhere near this amount of information on what they are doing.
    Should I follow my posts with a few crayon drawings? Would that make it easier to understand?

I'll repeat, “release windows”, such as this one given in BAFTA LA Presentation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1GUDQuFb1A&t=5563s

… or even giving information such as this (2016):

I really don't care about the made-up definitions of “official release dates” or bullshit excuses to justify such shit show that you force feed yourself with to cope with the fact they have been failing to achieve their own fucking goals for the last decade, just as he did with Freelancer.

600 million, 10+ years, still no single player game, and you are still stuck in the first of a hundred promised star systems looking at broken AI T posing on top of chairs, getting violently murdered by elevators and getting crushed by invisible asteroids, you are 100% right on that, Star Citizen isn't a normal game, and thank fucking god that it was “never done before”.

You should have kept pretending that you don't read my posts my dude.
    Ahahahaha!