Thread: [Ret] Belts

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

[Ret] Belts

I'm currently helping my partner gear his paladin while he's in hospital, and wanted your opinions on the belts? What's better the 483 pvp belt (hit/haste str socket bonus) or the 489 belt from Klaxxi (crit/mastery crit socket bonus) for PVE?
    Last edited by Brydie; 2012-10-14 at 09:35 AM.

PVP belt is obviously going to have stats budgeted for PVP, so instantly an item for PVE budgeted for PVE will be better (at a comparable iLvl). The Klaxxi belt will win here. Our best best, IMO, isn't until Heart of Fear. Until then there's a nice belt that drops off Galleon (Cord of Crazed Strength). Third to those, the Klaxxi belt, then heroic belts.
    Last edited by Subbversion; 2012-10-14 at 01:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yau View Post
    PVP belt is obviously going to have stats budgeted for PVP, so instantly an item for PVE budgeted for PVE will be better (at a comparable iLvl)..
    Not true. PvP stats are no longer calculated as part of the budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Not true. PvP stats are no longer calculated as part of the budget.
    Wow, I apologize for my misinformation. Wasn't aware of this. Thank you!

Without looking them up. I would probably say the PvP belt. It's 483 and has the better stats for Rets right now. Plus the socket bonus is strength too.

Nvm. I looked them up:

Malevolent Gladiator's Girdle of Accuracy
    725 Strength
    1208 Stamina
    [0] Blue Socket (Socket Bonus: +60 Strength)
    496 Hit
    471 Haste

compared to

Klaxxi Lash of the Rescinder
    771 Strength
    1277 Stamina
    [O] Blue Socket (Socket Bonus: +60 Critical Strike)
    528 Crit
    528 Mastery

TL;DR -- Gemmed with Lightning Wild Jade (+160 haste / +160 hit) in both pieces.
    PvP Belt: 785 Strength, 1208 Stamina, 656 Hit, 631 Haste.
    Rep Belt: 771 Strength, 1277 Stamina, 160 Hit, 160 Haste, 588 Crit, 528 Mastery.

I would personally go with the PvP belt, if you don't mind PvPing to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brydie View Post
    I'm currently helping my partner gear his paladin while he's in hospital, and wanted your opinions on the belts? What's better the 483 pvp belt (hit/haste str socket bonus) or the 489 belt from Klaxxi (crit/mastery crit socket bonus) for PVE?
    Cord of Crazed Strength that drops of Galleon is at the moment BiS. until Heart of Fear(i'm afraid harharhar..)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the info =) Sadly I'm never online (or in the middle of raiding) when Galleon seems to spawn.