Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    imagine ur guild can only recruit from a country with only 5.4 million people. that probably represents 1% for the entire wow community. wanna know what happens when something like 4/5 of ur best players stop playing? most would disband.. or become considerably worse guilds. every other guild in the race for top has a much much bigger talent pool to recruit from...
    stop being a hater for no reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Left this gem from the wow devs in the world first thread:
    In 25s you can afford to have a few deaths and you can even pull if you're backfilling a few players. Both really make you stop in your tracks on 10s. In 25, it's easier to fade back into the group if you're still not 100% confident in what you're doing. In 10s, it's harder to be a wallflower.
    It looks like the basic premise of your conspiracy theory was wayyyy off. Try again.

Oh look another thread is turning into 10 vs 25 battle.. Seriously don't you guys have anything better to do?

OT: It's not so easy to find a roster for 25guys when so many core members have left the guild since the requirements are so high and limited to only finnish players. I'm sure that they would get 25 players to their roster but would they be able to play at the same level with so many new faces? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Left this gem from the wow devs in the world first thread:

It looks like the basic premise of your conspiracy theory was wayyyy off. Try again.
    I would love a link to this thread. I couldnt find it earlier. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthThrall View Post

Outcome 3: Paragon don;t get world first 10 man
    Paragons response: Well it was to be expected, we don't have 10 man experience.
    World first 10-man Lich king and world first 10-man Ragnaros don't count as 10-man experience?
    edit: heroic, obviously
    Last edited by mmoc48f5c9b6e1; 2012-10-12 at 05:17 PM.

You know, OP, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Maybe go read their site, they say why. They only recruit finnish plays and they lost a lot of core players they cant replace, so they went 10 man. Im willing to bet 98% of wow players couldnt even get through the app process, much less being seriously hardcore and Finnish.

I don't understand why they cannot play the raid size they feel like they'll have the best experience in. They're ultimately STILL just playing the game to have fun - like someone before mentioned, it's not fun to play with players who you do not feel are on your level.

I do not understand why it cannot be left alone - I understand some people have allegiances to certain guilds, but c'mon guys...it's still just a game. :3

I don't see the point of this thread. They already told us exactly why they switched.
    Quote Originally Posted by www.paragon.fi
    After Dragon Soul progression many of our players decided to quit the game, some of them were already showing lack of interest during the DS progress raids. In total 34 players took part in DS progress, 14 of which are no longer playing WoW at all. Most of them were longtime core players. On top of that some of our current players can't put in the time anymore as they used to do.
    and

During the beta it became obvious that the current roster will not cut it in MoP unless we get couple of more quality recruits. So far we haven't been able to get the roster we needed and have decided it's better to continue as a 10man guild from now on than to hope for something miraculous to happen in the upcoming weeks. This also leaves time for our players to find a new guild before MoP if they so desire.
    So yes, they did not think their roster going in to Mists of Pandaria was up to the level it needed to be in order to compete for world firsts. Trying to spin it as some vain overreaction to a challenging recruiting situation though is completely unnecessary. Guilds like Paragon sacrifice a lot to compete the way they do. They had an impressive run at the top of 25 man raiding, and now they're the best 10 man guild in the world. I've never seen any Paragon member claim anything more.

http://www.paragon.fi/news/paragon-w...5man-10man-mop

That's the only reason anyone needs and explains the whole story and makes this thread pointless.

In total 34 players took part in DS progress, 14 of which are no longer playing WoW at all. Most of them were longtime core players. On top of that some of our current players can't put in the time anymore as they used to do.

People making something out of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabmyheartxxx View Post
    *puts on tinfoil hat*

Dude, don't you seriously have anything more useful to use your time on? Jesus fucking Christ.
    This guy already answered the thread. Why is anyone else posting? Seriously, pls focus on anything of more import. Like... fastest monkey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why doesn't someone just go ask.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people break other people's head? it's Paragons business and theirs alone.. if they did it, because half their roster became girl scouts and prefers selling cookies over raiding, or if they just falling short on a few top quality raiders, who really has to care?

Mind your own business, that's a good start right there..

Deleted
    They could always use LFR and clear it within 2 hours!

Deleted
    lol this is the worst crap I've ever read. I smell a US fanboy hater. Actually if OP didn't know Paragon had the WF 10man hc for Raggy and LK.
    And even in T13 Paragon still got Europe first clear on HC and killed it 7 days after WF (with a 7 day ban, removed gear and christmas break)

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzz View Post
    Why doesn't someone just go ask.
    Because they already told us with a previous poster that has stated it

Yeah, I don't think so. You can't compare big US guilds' roster problems to a smaller guild's roster problems that only communicates in one language that barely any Europeans speak.

Paragon said in Cataclysm that they thought 10 man was easier. They did get stomped on 25-man speed runs and the like. That doesn't necessarily mean that they only switched to keep their reputation in tact. Maybe they did, maybe they switched because they didn't have enough "quality" players, or maybe they switched because they wanted what they believe to be less of a challenge.

I don't know and I don't care because I have no respect for Paragon. They're just a bunch of exploiters.

Ummm, I am not sure what to say, some things I want to say but these forums are being censored hard by mods now. Not sure what I am allowed to expand on or bring up.

Deleted
    The simple fact is Paragon were faced with a choice.

Go 25 man with a weaker roster and maybe loose out on a world first OR;

Go 10 man, which Paragon themselves said is easier (This is not an opinion it is fact, they did say that on multiple occasions) and get world first in a cheap and easy fashion.