Downloading WoW not working at University

So our University throttles peer to peer transfers which is unfortunately how Blizzard goes through their online installation processes and patching. The weird thing is that I was able to download, install, and update both SC2 and WoW recently after checking and unchecking the "Download Preferences -> Enable Peer to Peer" that shows up in the launcher of all Blizzard games. When my roommate tries to do this it doesn't even give him the option to open up Download preferences. When he attempts to download WoW off of bnet it gives him a Worldofwarcraft.temp folder instead of a regular WoW folder.

I'm not sure what would cause me to be able to successfully download both Blizzard games but my roommate, sitting 2 feet behind me, to not be able to. We are running very similar computers but we can't figure out what is wrong with his. He is allowing Blizzard Launcher through the Windows Firewall, tried turning it off, and have even opened a thread on the WoW forums but they've given solutions that haven't worked and they respond very slowly.

Also I'm not sure if this is the right section of the forums for this but I couldn't find a better fit for it. So sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.

Any help would be appreciated.

Worst case scenario get a 32gig usb drive transfer your wow install to it, and let him copy it over. University networks pretty much crap on most p2p stuff.

If you can't figure at least one or two ways to potentially get around this problem, what are you doing in a university?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds to me like your roommate is unable to download the launcher updates. No idea on fixing it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brykasch View Post
    Worst case scenario get a 32gig usb drive transfer your wow install to it, and let him copy it over. University networks pretty much crap on most p2p stuff.

He's not asking for a solution, he can probably figure that out, he's just wondering why it's not working.