Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Glasses, do you have them, and do you wear them? (all the time)

I have - 1.25 and -1.75 in my eyes, so I can see pretty okay. But from afar I am at a disadvantage.

Now I do have glasses, but I just put them on ocasionally when I need them to see something from a distance.

I can't imagine wearing the things all day. Wouldn't that be horribly annoying?

Nope never...

*crickets*

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to be -3.75 in both eyes. Wore glasses throughout high school, and yes they were annoying. Got contacts in college, and they were annoying too, though less so. About 3 years ago I got LASIK surgery done on them. Best damn decision I ever made. 20/10 vision in both eyes and I never have to clean glasses or take out my contacts at the end of the day.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    got minus 5.25 in both eyes, can't blindly walk to the shower without hugging a door, so ... yeah ... all the bloody time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I used to be -3.75 in both eyes. Wore glasses throughout high school, and yes they were annoying. Got contacts in college, and they were annoying too, though less so. About 3 years ago I got LASIK surgery done on them. Best damn decision I ever made. 20/10 vision in both eyes and I never have to clean glasses or take out my contacts at the end of the day.
    I hope to laser my eyes one day too...

I have pretty poor eyesight (I don't know the number) and I wear them all the time. I used to not like them much, but found contacts uncomfortable and swore I'd get laser surgery someday. Now, I like them and think they make my smallish face/eyes look better. I'm too used to the scholarly sort of look to ever not have them now, especially since I can afford trendy ones these days!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had a bifocal prescription since I was 16 and started wearing them full-time in 2008.

What's really depressing is I'm only 25.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I hope to laser my eyes one day too...
    It's also like the easiest surgery ever. 1.5 minutes per eye, no pain whatsoever. The recovery is a bit annoying, what with all the eyedrops, but completely worth it for the benefit you get. Just be careful what doctor you choose. It's not one of those things you shop based on price.

About -5 in each eye, so I wear glasses almost always. But I like them. I have huge dark circles (?) around my eyes, and the glasses do a pretty good job at hiding them! Though if someone has tips against dark circles, I'd be very open I sleep enough, eat healthy enough, etc. etc., they just don't go away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    got minus 5.25 in both eyes, can't blindly walk to the shower without hugging a door, so ... yeah ... all the bloody time
    got 4,-somthing my self on both eyes, barely walking down the stairs without my glases ;P

It's also like the easiest surgery ever. 1.5 minutes per eye, no pain whatsoever. The recovery is a bit annoying, what with all the eyedrops, but completely worth it for the benefit you get. Just be careful what doctor you choose. It's not one of those things you shop based on price.
    I can't stand eyedrops though, I literally can't put them in my eyes without my eyes slamming shut.

I get why it's a really appealing procedure, not knocking it for others at all. I'm definitely never getting it though. Even the tiniest bit of risk of dry eyes isn't worth it to me... besides, I look good in glasses

Deleted
    I have a big head anyway, so glasses aren't really good for me in the looks department....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I can't stand eyedrops though, I literally can't put them in my eyes without my eyes slamming shut.

I get why it's a really appealing procedure, not knocking it for others at all. I'm definitely never getting it though. Even the tiniest bit of risk of dry eyes isn't worth it to me... besides, I look good in glasses
    Fair enough. Some people complain of dry eyes. Mine were dry for about 6 months, but not terrible. You get used to eye drops really quickly though because the first month you're putting in drops like 10 times a day. It becomes routine and completely innocuous, except for the weird flavor of the drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I have pretty poor eyesight (I don't know the number) and I wear them all the time. I used to not like them much, but found contacts uncomfortable and swore I'd get laser surgery someday. Now, I like them and think they make my smallish face/eyes look better. I'm too used to the scholarly sort of look to ever not have them now, especially since I can afford trendy ones these days!
    I need to get some glasses for university exams only... :P
    Looking scholarly helps a lot!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea what my numbers are, but I've been wearing them for over 15 years. I haven't had them checked in over ten years though, and my glasses are getting really bad.

Oh, I'm near-sighted, and wear them all the time unless I'm in the shower or sleeping.

It becomes routine and completely innocuous, except for the weird flavor of the drops.
    Do you eat/drink with your eyes? Mind = blown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    Do you eat/drink with your eyes? Mind = blown.
    Yeah, there's some kind of connection between the eye cavity, and the nasal canal and the mouth. Every time I'd drop my eyes with the medicated stuff, I'd get this weird flavor in my nose and mouth.

I don't wear glasses, luckily I don't need it. Pretty much my entire family does though, so odds are I will some day
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

I wear my glasses all the time. Honestly you get used to it. I sometimes forget they're on my face, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've worn glasses full time since I think second grade? They never bother me. I tried contacts once for sports but I haven't worn those since 5th grade. My eye sight is really terrible. I've had other people with glasses tell me they can't see through mine. Everything is just fuzzy blocks when I don't have them on.