Fuzzzie, a couple of suggestions for the mod list.

Include Evoc from ProfModbius. This is his little utility to improve performance of a few vanilla items like furnaces and hoppers.
    Second is Steve's Factory Manager from VSWE. This is his Modjam 3 entry and looks really good as a scripted item transport and sorting. (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...ctory-manager/)

I need to take a moment out of my (boring) New Years' Eve to commend you guys. Backstory: I took a break from Minecraft to play XCOM for a month (highly recommended!), and when I returned, I was frankly terrified at the prospect of having to update everything. But with the combined help of the config pack, the update scripts and, of course, the mod list itself, it took me less than an hour to upgrade about fifty mods across an existing world, and install a few new ones, with only a couple of errors (both my fault). Honestly, your unwavering, day-in, day-out commitment and attention to detail is awe-inspiring and, needless to say, incredibly appreciated.

I have one strange issue: My server occasionally shuts down on me, just as if someone had stopped the server manually. I have no idea whether it's a mod-related error or a server memory issue or what, because neither the forge log nor the server.log reveal anything. This is all I get from server.log:
    Code:
    2013-12-31 21:12:14 [INFO] Stopping server
    2013-12-31 21:12:14 [INFO] Saving players
    2013-12-31 21:12:20 [INFO] Eunomiac left the game
    I can restart the server with no problem and resume playing, but it happens every few hours. Anyone else experience anything like this? (Again, I'm not getting any perm gen or memory errors in any of the logs, nor am I getting a crash report.)

Thirdly and finally, I'll definitely second Dannerick's suggestion of Evoc:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannerick View Post
    Fuzzzie, a couple of suggestions for the mod list.

Include Evoc from ProfModbius. This is his little utility to improve performance of a few vanilla items like furnaces and hoppers.
    It's kind of hard to assess its quality given the subtle effect it has, but I haven't experienced any problems with it (... unless it's the mod that's shutting me down every few hours ). And if it does what it says it does, then it's all upside from where I'm sitting!
    Amateur dinosaur hunter and extreme weather enthusiast, whose interests include spoken mime, armchair parkour, tactical gaslighting (for fun or for pay), conspicuous ninjutsu and Schröedinger's pentameter—of which this sentence may or may not be an example.​

Quote Originally Posted by Eunomiac View Post
    I need to take a moment out of my (boring) New Years' Eve to commend you guys. Backstory: I took a break from Minecraft to play XCOM for a month (highly recommended!), and when I returned, I was frankly terrified at the prospect of having to update everything. But with the combined help of the config pack, the update scripts and, of course, the mod list itself, it took me less than an hour to upgrade about fifty mods across an existing world, and install a few new ones, with only a couple of errors (both my fault). Honestly, your unwavering, day-in, day-out commitment and attention to detail is awe-inspiring and, needless to say, incredibly appreciated.

I have one strange issue: My server occasionally shuts down on me, just as if someone had stopped the server manually. I have no idea whether it's a mod-related error or a server memory issue or what, because neither the forge log nor the server.log reveal anything. This is all I get from server.log:
    Code:
    2013-12-31 21:12:14 [INFO] Stopping server
    2013-12-31 21:12:14 [INFO] Saving players
    2013-12-31 21:12:20 [INFO] Eunomiac left the game
    I can restart the server with no problem and resume playing, but it happens every few hours. Anyone else experience anything like this? (Again, I'm not getting any perm gen or memory errors in any of the logs, nor am I getting a crash report.)

Thirdly and finally, I'll definitely second Dannerick's suggestion of Evoc:

It's kind of hard to assess its quality given the subtle effect it has, but I haven't experienced any problems with it (... unless it's the mod that's shutting me down every few hours ). And if it does what it says it does, then it's all upside from where I'm sitting!
    Are you using any type of control panel or just launching the forger server.jar file directly?

Deleted
    New configs up now to go back to sleep
    Last edited by mmocf27294aad4; 2014-01-01 at 06:57 AM.

Figured it out , he changed the wording of blocks,items.

Steves carts b6 invalid icons in NEI, switch back to b5 and all icons ok in NEI. Just FYI
    Last edited by iTraumatik; 2014-01-01 at 08:34 AM.

Deleted
    and you know my opinion on the UE stuff laguy................(insert long rant here)...........

15+ Year Old Account
    1.6.4 Config Pack Download v3.5.33 : Main Download

Config Pack Changelog : http://paste.ubuntu.com/6671300/
    Config Pack Block/Item ID Spreadsheet : http://bit.ly/1aAlH1m

Version 3.5.33 - Dec 31st 2013

• Project Red - Item ID's added
    • Rotarycraft - Item ID's added

Quote Originally Posted by iTraumatik View Post
    Figured it out , he changed the wording of blocks,items.

Steves carts b6 invalid icons in NEI, switch back to b5 and all icons ok in NEI. Just FYI
    Yeah, looks like he has put out a b7 version of Steve's carts that looks like it might have fixed that although haven't tested it yet.

Looks like Rotarycraft/dragon api will not run with newer versions of the UE mods due to the fact the whole UE core file is inside dragon api and since it's an older version they conflict.
    https://github.com/calclavia/Modular...tem/issues/306

steves carts b7 icons are good and all seems to work ok.

Not recommended - i deleted the universalelectricity folder in dragonapi and am running dragon,reactor,rotary,calclavia core and mffs right now in test enviro with no problems yet. Anybody know of the downside of what im trying? Or should i put UEcore into dragonapi ? Sorry if i shouldnt mention this or not ill delete it. I like messing with stuff to see if it works , my downside.
    Last edited by iTraumatik; 2014-01-01 at 07:24 PM.

steves carts b7 icons are good and all seems to work ok.

Not recommended - i deleted the universalelectricity folder in dragonapi and am running dragon,reactor,rotary,calclavia core and mffs right now in test enviro with no problems yet. Anybody know of the downside of what im trying? Or should i put UEcore into dragonapi ? Sorry if i shouldnt mention this or not ill delete it. I like messing with stuff to see if it works , my downside.
    Nothing wrong with trying something to see what happens. I don't think it is going to break anything but of course that is just a guess. Just make sure you have a back-up of your world before you try something like this. In this case the problem is with DragonAPI and just reading through the Rotarycraft forum I don't see any mention from Reika that he thinks he has a problem so it might be a long time before we get a fix on this. Keep us informed if you have any problems with this approach.

I just reposted the issue on Reika's board hoping he will read and respond although it has already been posted multiple times.
    Last edited by laguy442; 2014-01-01 at 11:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So glad I never got into UE mods. They are far too much of a headache to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    So glad I never got into UE mods. They are far too much of a headache to deal with.
    This particular problem isn't the fault of UE. It is broken because Reika (Rotarycraft) included an old version of the entire UE core inside DragonAPI causing problems when we try to load the current version of UE Core.

And if we are only going to mess with mods that don't cause headaches that is going knock several off the main OP.

Quote Originally Posted by laguy442 View Post
    Nothing wrong with trying something to see what happens. I don't think it is going to break anything but of course that is just a guess. Just make sure you have a back-up of your world before you try something like this. In this case the problem is with DragonAPI and just reading through the Rotarycraft forum I don't see any mention from Reika that he thinks he has a problem so it might be a long time before we get a fix on this. Keep us informed if you have any problems with this approach.

I just reposted the issue on Reika's board hoping he will read and respond although it has already been posted multiple times.
    I know how the boards are over there also...

So far so good on my play world. Need to setup a reika powersource and hookup to other machines yet tho. I did backup, and do backup often If problems arise will post.

Recipie for screwdriver,angular tranducer, and stone shaft dont work and dont show up in nei also dont show up in rotarycraft book. Gonna check in test world now.
    Last edited by iTraumatik; 2014-01-02 at 01:37 AM.

I know how the boards are over there also...

So far so good on my play world. Need to setup a reika powersource and hookup to other machines yet tho. I did backup, and do backup often If problems arise will post.
    Just got a response from Reika on my post about the UE core issue.

"I will fix this for v12c, which is coming later today. "

Nice to see him responding much quicker to issues. Although I complain about Rotarycraft alot it is really cause I love the mod. Reika is a really creative and smart guy and hope his series of mods does well.

- - - Updated - - -

@iTraumatik, if you get a chance can you test the new Rotarycraft/ DragonAPI v12c which is now out and let me know what you find out. Thanks

Also, there is a new version of EE3 that seems to work without having to use Equivelancy to get the recipes. The last config files I posted have an EE3 config file that will work with this latest version.

http://t.co/npTzbD79B8
    Last edited by laguy442; 2014-01-02 at 07:14 AM.

#Blocks
    4095: ttinkererlatform from ThaumicTinkerer - MachineBlock2 from Mekanism
    Suggested Ranges: 3192-3619 (428 IDs), 515-779 (265 IDs), 3855-4094 (240 IDs)
    ThaumicTinkerer 2.1-57

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmmmmmmmmm10 View Post
    ThaumicTinkerer 2.1-57
    Block id 4095 must be a very popular id for a lot of modders, I had to change this one in several configs. ^^

The easiest way: just change it in the TT-config to a free value - i.e. to 4094 like suggested.

@laguy442 ..... dragonapi 1.6v12c,calclavia-core-v1.0.0.26,reactorcraft 1.6 v1.2 (newest), rotarycraft 1.6 v12c, universal electricty 3.0.0.251 core , mffs 3.6.0.303 , and nei......... boot into game fine. Screwdriver recipie in nei and also in the book dont show up.

Still testing , sorry just woke

Anybody else having trouble with screwdriver and angular tranducer recipies? screwdriver from what i read iron ingot,stick,oak planks ?
    Last edited by iTraumatik; 2014-01-02 at 04:24 PM.

@laguy442 ..... dragonapi 1.6v12c,calclavia-core-v1.0.0.26,reactorcraft 1.6 v1.2 (newest), rotarycraft 1.6 v12c, universal electricty 3.0.0.251 core , mffs 3.6.0.303 , and nei......... boot into game fine. Screwdriver recipie in nei and also in the book dont show up.

Still testing , sorry just woke

Anybody else having trouble with screwdriver and angular tranducer recipies? screwdriver from what i read iron ingot,stick,oak planks ?
    You might double check your Forge error log to make sure you don't have an ID conflict. Sometimes conflicts don't cause MC to stop loading. It might explain why the item isn't showing.

From forge error log in new test enviro from above, this is all that i could find .... no id conflicts. Also Just the mods in above post.

[INFO] [STDOUT] ROTARYCRAFT: HarvestCraft not found, loading iron screwdriver recipe.

[INFO] [STDOUT] ROTARYCRAFT: There was an error: MFFS item field not found!

[INFO] [STDERR] java.io.FileNotFoundException: \Minecraft\164 Test\saves\New World\DragonAPI\PlayerTrackers\RotaryCraft_Handbook.mcpt (The system cannot find the path specified)
    2014-01-02 11:13:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
    2014-01-02 11:13:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    2014-01-02 11:13:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    2014-01-02 11:13:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at Reika.DragonAPI.Base.PlayerTracker.read(PlayerTracker.java:99)
    2014-01-02 11:13:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at Reika.DragonAPI.Base.PlayerTracker.onLoad(PlayerTracker.java:34)
    2014-01-02 11:13:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at Reika.DragonAPI.Auxiliary.PlayerFirstTimeTracker.loadTrackers(PlayerFirstTimeTracker.java: 37)
    2014-01-02 11:13:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at Reika.DragonAPI.DragonAPIInit.onLoad(DragonAPIInit.java:191)
    2014-01-02 11:13:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler_5_DragonAPIInit_onLoad_Load.invoke(.dynamic)
    2014-01-02 11:13:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:39)
    2014-01-02 11:13:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraftforge.event.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:108)
    2014-01-02 11:13:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient.<init>(WorldClient.java:69)
    2014-01-02 11:13:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.NetClientHandler.func_72455_a(NetClientHandler.java:349)
    2014-01-02 11:13:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet1Login.func_73279_a(Packet1Login.java:119)
    2014-01-02 11:13:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.network.MemoryConnection.func_74428_b(MemoryConnection.java:89)
    2014-01-02 11:13:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1967)
    2014-01-02 11:13:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:910)
    2014-01-02 11:13:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:838)
    2014-01-02 11:13:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
    2014-01-02 11:13:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    2014-01-02 11:13:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    2014-01-02 11:13:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    2014-01-02 11:13:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    2014-01-02 11:13:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
    2014-01-02 11:13:10 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

I even went as far as new instance with just rotarycraft , dragonapi , nei..... it doesnt error on book and gives me one in inventory now but still same outcome.

Ill run the new versions in play world and just cheat in screwdriver and other tool.
    Last edited by iTraumatik; 2014-01-02 at 05:14 PM.